1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Server Issues [Search] 21-22/07/18

We are currently rebuilding the site's search index due to an earlier database problem, so search results will be incomplete for a time. The process happens quite quickly, and we'll be keeping an eye on it. Please accept our apologies for any inconvenience in the meantime.

Thanks for your patience.

ASN Admin
    Dismiss Notice

Manda's B8 A4 build thread - Picture Heavy

Meemo Feb 10, 2015

1. Meemo

Meemo Well-Known Member Audi S5 Black Edition Supercharged

Hi all,
    Have actually had this car since 2013 and been working on her ever since, but as an old mk4 GTI owner done my thread on uk-mkivs till now as I already know everyone.
    Thought it was time to brave a new forum and community.

Sorry the long thread to come with over a years of updates :p
    This was her standard when I picked her up November 2013:

Audi A4 S-line 2.0tdi 170.
    Usual extras, Sline styling, part leather S seats, Brushed ali trim, black roof lining, Cruise Control, Auto lights + wipers, LED lighting pack with Day runners and LED rears, few more I cant think of right now.
    [​IMG][​IMG]

Then I had the Windows tinted and a chrome delete in Gloss black;
    [​IMG]

I dont have this grille on any more but I had this wrapped too:
    [​IMG]

Then Had some purple details on to keep it a little girlie and more individual
    [​IMG]

Fogs too which you can see in other pictures.

Then had her lowered using FK street coilovers which are now for sale if any one is looking for some, £100 takes them as I have new set up being fitted end of the month. (covered 10k and been fitted 12 months, threads was greased and protected so no seizing)
    [​IMG]

Then got new wheels on, They are Bronze Clutch KM20's, 19", 10J et42 rear and 8.5j et35 front. Tyres are 235/35 all round, vredestan Sesanta's (really recomend)
    [​IMG]

Had a full paint correction above too at Detail My Car in Thatcham.

Then got my RS4 grille on, Had black rings for a bit but changed my mind so now Silver.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

What an ass ache to change a badge!!

[​IMG]

ALso made a removable PLate, pops on and off, my fav mod :)
    [​IMG]

And for anyone interested in my top knotch bodge job removable plate holder... tadah!

[​IMG]

Then moved on to interior, I dont expect it will stay purple for long, was more because I was bored and wanted to stamp it with my theme a bit more:

some of the brushed ali was a little bit scruffy (92k on the clock, not surprised!)

[​IMG]

So had a play with my midnight purple wrap [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG][​IMG]

Not finished yet but few bits done now

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

ed1119, GTDezza, SI-W85 and 2 others like this.
  2. Avatar

Google AdSense Advertisement

3. Meemo

Before:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I then lowered the front some more and enjoy the daily scrape on and off the drive

[​IMG][​IMG]

[​IMG]

Serious FML moment leaving a multistorey carpark, curbed my wheel a gooden!

went to merge after paying and didnt see the huge cement separator hadnt actually ended.

Never one to disappoint or do things in halves...

[​IMG][​IMG]

So spent my sunday refurbing my wheel boooo

Painful before shot, then sanded with 80 grit paper :S

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Looked instantly better after sanding with a harsh grade.

[​IMG][​IMG]

First pass of the filler

[​IMG]

Second pass of the filler and some sanding

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG][​IMG]

Really happy with it so far, not the actual curbing, hopefully be close to original finish just to get me through the winter.

Then had a subtly tint on the tails:

They was so bright and was aiming for a cherry red colour like the gti/gtd mk7s.

Before:

(I dont actually have that much arch gap that side at the rear, super wonky drive lol)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

After:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

So subtle you wouldn't know unless I told you but I love the difference, looks so mean at night with the LED's all lit

NL316, xpoweruk, umbrella and 3 others like this.
  4. Meemo

NOW...

My car has started vibrating some when i brake so figured as the disks have lips on they could do with replacing.

Got the grooved and dimpled (not drilled for fear of cracking). Everyone has opinions on these but I got them more because they look cool than anything
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Suspension burning a hole in my floor still but going on end of the month.

Front splitter might be in the room few more month before I move to a mamoth tasks of sanding and refilling before paint.. warmer weather first

Weekend just gone fitted the S4 splitter ready for my Exhaust being fitted this Friday:

[​IMG]

Very dutty car but it was on after a combined time of hour and half (stupid clips!).

Before (excuse missing tail lights [​IMG])

[​IMG]

After.. should there be another exhaust there?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And a quick clean later.. looks pretty funny with the gaping hole on the right.. thankfully only a few days like that to go till it is filled.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Unrelated tart picture of the front as she was clean

[​IMG]

In other news went to the MK5 surrey rolling road day, wanted a base stock reading of my girl.

But when the guy put mine and Jays on the rolling road, both our dervs played the abs game and wouldnt let them test it.

Jay has had his done before and said to remove the abs fuse but after a bunch of them couldnt figure it out.. then mine went in limp mode as she decided to throw a strop about the abs on the rolling road (just like the owner I guess) we gave up and got mcdonalds.

Insert meme below on how many guys it takes to turn off ABS
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Shame the guy hadnt seen any CR engines before to over come the abs issue on the rr. But I bet he wont be keen on letting any more common rails on.

SI-W85 and CHEZ like this.
  5. bonifacy87

bonifacy87 Active Member

Hi. Great mods. Car looks fantastic

6. desertstorm

desertstorm Moderator Staff Member Moderator VCDS Map User Audi A4 Audi Avant Owner Group quattro TDi

Some good mods, a nice looking car. The purple doesn't do it for me personally but it's only a wrap so easily removed.
    I had the same issue with my car on the rollers at MRC, they had to disconnect the ABS module to get a sensible run.
    Pity about the wheel , one of the issues of running big wheels low profile tyres.
    Is that an air tank in the one picture?, It's the way to go if you want it low and practical.

Karl.

7. Meemo

ha yeah they tried all the fuses on the rocco but couldnt figure it out, next time definately going to unplug the module like you said.
    Yeah is an air tank, got a good deal on a used v2 auto pilot setup that has covered only 3k and and came with new compressor.
    haha yeah the purple is not for everyone, although recently I have gone off the fogs and interior, but love the splitter still.
    I had a stone chip in one of the fogs that made the bulb quite literally explode when it rained :S so got the wrap/film as a cheap repair, then discovered I had colour choice and just couldn't help it :p

8. Brennan

Brennan Former Audi Driver Team Estoril

Great looking car, hmm I may be interested in them FK coilovers...

Ryan Winters likes this.
  9. Meemo

Thanks, let me know if you want them, £100 local pickup, not sure how much they are to post but if you did want them and cant pick up can find out and add it on :)
    Air goes on weekend of 28th so available from 1st.

10. Meemo

Pickup is from Winchester or any show except for UD.

Went off my purplefogs since getting the new grille and bronze wheels, used to look cute and girlie before, but with the newer changes didnt really fit in any more. So used some left over light smoke tint and replaced it this evening.
    Had to put another tint film because of the chip damage, this film is great to water tight and protect from new chips :) Also hides the blown fog which is pretty grubby inside.

Only pictures I can get in the dark but feel all grown up now haha

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

11. THQuattro

THQuattro Site Sponsor Site Sponsor Team Avus Silver Team V8 Team V6 VCDS Map User Gold Supporter Team Panther Team Silver Audi RS4 saloon Audi S4 Audi A4 quattro Audi Cabriolet Owner Group S-line owners group Manual

12. Avatar

13. Brennan

If you do me a good deal I probably would take them ;)

Live in Northern Ireland so wouldn't be able to pick up lol

Mine is a TDI 143 so I'm wondering would they fit

14. Meemo

£100 is bargain already :) priced to sell. if you did want them let me know and i can find out postage for you.

15. Brennan

£100 posted sounds like a good deal for a cheeky Irish lad

I'm on a tight budget, make me happy?

Meemo likes this.
  16. Meemo

haha nice try, £100 + postage and they are yours :)

SI-W85 likes this.
  17. Brennan

Oh come on please lol I've asked so nicely :lick:

18. Meemo

cheers, got to paint them still. contacted the manufacturer and they dont have a paint code, is a random bronze mixed on the spot inside, and face is laquer with a touch of bronze mixed in

19. Brennan

I can buy a new set for 185 posted on eBay so I need the price difference to be worth my while, genuinely interested if you would work with me lol

20. Meemo

110 inc postage and is deal, year old in nearly new condition.

Last edited: Feb 10, 2015
  21. JG51 AUD

JG51 AUD Well-Known Member Team Glacier TFSI Owners Group Team V6 Gold Supporter Audi S5 Black Edition quattro Supercharged

Nice mods Manda, don't know about the flowery thing hanging from the interior mirror though, prefer furry dice myself, lol. :)
    JG

22. SI-W85

SI-W85 Well-Known Member

So you made it Manda ;) didn't realise you had the interior in purple keep thinking of doing mine piano black :/ great build thread, I keep meaning to do one but can't be bothered tbh lol looking forward to seeing the new exhaust. Keep it up good work :)

23. Ryan Winters

Ryan Winters Active Member

Lookin good so far nice repair on the wheel tight squeeze coming out of the drive Alryt lol

24. Meemo

Fluffy dice is so 2012 ;)

Ha yeah, got bored and wanted to practice, tbf I never liked it much but I like that its different so leaving on long enough to make it worth the few hours effort I put in :) Might try brushed black ali next :p
    You looked at tps for the black edition piano plack trim?

Thanks, luckily relatively easy to repair with a little patience. Ah yes, I have to take a huge angle on to the drive, my neighbours share our drive and must think 'wtf is she doing?'

My purple fogs now gone, and actually looks great with just light tint fogs blending in when I walked past this morn, such an improvement on my old chavvy purple fogs :)

25. Ryan Winters

Know the feeling I go over speed bumps very slow at an angle que of people behind going 'what thee ****' lol yeh light tint would look well with the black

26. Meemo

:D I feel your pain! I find turning the music up helps covers the scrape noises and beeping :) ignorance is bliss

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

no more purp fogs, much prefer this look.
    Dont know how long the pink splitter will last as I have a STVBek style splitter sitting in my room to be fitted at some point.
    But if I take it off I might start hearing the question 'is that your boyfriends car then?' again. First world problems :p

SI-W85 likes this.
  27. Ryan Winters

I quite like the splitter done purple but the inside would be too much for me lol mine isn't even that low it's just the underside of a4s sit lower than other cars I've had which looked much lower, the exhaust caught a cats eye one night some bang off it had a full car though

28. Rae1001

Rae1001 New Member

I like this, looks really great and the front grille really sets it off, especially with no plate. Even the purple looks good, if you are going to stick with the purple splitter, maybe some other subtle purple parts would look good.
    Nice work and should be better once on that air ;)

29. Weverall

Weverall Active Member

Keep the splitter purple....

It's subtle and smart with the big RS4 Grill!

will have to see what subtle colour mods i can do to mine now..

30. Meemo

ouch on the exhaust! I agree underneath they seem much lower than they look.
    Haha thanks, I do love my 'tropical pink' splitter. just have to see what it looks like when the SVTBek (never remember the spelling) goes on

I did add the purple tints to the fogs but went off it after a year and took it off last week.

The guys like the splitter more than the girls I have noticed :p
    I like the idea of colouring the S on the sline badges, just fiddly to do. What colour would you go?

I got my new custom quad exhaust done on Friday.

Kept the middle silencer and emp performance did some top notch pipework from the center with a complete back box delete.
    So happy with how it looks and sounds good, doesnt drone unbarably on cruise which was a worry in deleting the boxes, and because I still have cat and DPF in place no loud owling. Not a bad thing if it did though :p

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Got a sound clip on my instagram, will figure out how to share on here shortly.

Instagram: audi_manda

Jakes2514 and SI-W85 like this.
  31. SI-W85

SI-W85 Well-Known Member

Manda that's awsome :icon thumright: your car is getting nicer and nicer all the time keep up the good work, look forward to seeing it at some shows, oh and post a vid just copy & paste from YouTube

Meemo likes this.
  32. Meemo

Thank you :)

Olly worked his magic on the car this weekend and got my air I have been sat on a few months installed.

He even noticed knocking I had been complaining about for months about from the front, and that my window wipers hit the window Pillar which drives me mad, and without a word he sorted them out, nice touch and was really pleased [​IMG] Knocking is almost entirely done but a small one remains occasionally so need to figure out which bushing in the culprit.

Fussy customer I am I wanted all my bootspace intact as the car basically doubles as my moving wardrobe (Women!).

Came to a good compromise to lose the spare and cram it all in the boot well with the battery and some welding and battery relocation.

Few hours later I have nice pictures from Ollie and he has done just what I wanted [​IMG]

He relocated my battery from the centre and re welded it in a better place to make room, he cut and re welded the tank legs so it would sit lower under the carpet.

Original Battery location:

[​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG]

Finished:

[​IMG]

He has left space for my dual compressors which I will have swapped in at a later date, looking for most likely a pair of 400s.

I might one day tart up the floor under it with carpet, but for now no one will ever see it and I am very happy with how it is arranged [​IMG]

And some quick pictures and some grainy evening ones:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Now I just have some tatty bits I need to clean up as it will bug the hell out of me.

• I need spacers in the front, can fit a fist in the gap [​IMG]
    • I have taken off my purple centre console wrap off now as it was pretty tatty, the v2 controller has a little alcantara surround made up and sits where the Ashtray was(no pictures), but I need to fix this in place properly as it is lose.
    • All 4 wheels got paint chipped so full refurb to be done, in a lighter gold perhaps, but good thing they are chipped as I can have my wheels alligned and not care too much about the wheels when it is done.
    • I need new dampers at the back as it is using the FK ones still, not sure what UK sites I can get the xl Slam series dampers, or just get some Bilstein ones..
    • My audi rings on the grille don't sit well in the after market RS grille, just tatty looking so will also take that off and get it to sit flush
    • Massive scratch down the side of my car, noticed it after parking in Tesco at the weekend.. I hate car parks [​IMG]

Jakes2514 and SI-W85 like this.
  33. Avatar

34. SI-W85

SI-W85 Well-Known Member

Nice 1 Manda looks sweet, get the rear bump stops out so you can air that sucker out lol try the Bilstein rear shocks they will give a lot better ride.

35. Meemo

Bumpstops are already shortened from when I had the coilovers installed, it is my massive 10j's and the et of them, it sits on the tyres :p the guy who installed didnt like how it sat on the tyres and poked, so adjusted the camber to tuck it in a little more, but I agree, I would like it to tuck a little more at the back :p I will ask him when I go back for the dampers to see what he can do :D

SI-W85 likes this.
  36. SI-W85

SI-W85 Well-Known Member

Yeah I like to see the wheels poke when driving but prefer them tucked when sat but can have both lol I have -3 degrees camber on mine now and they are so close it's untrue but they do tuck I don't know how but they do lol

37. Meemo

Haha fair play, I have the performance upgrade bags and the front camber is insane when aired out, as it is stil set from the last guy who owned them, hilariously insane camber infact, will Have to get a picture.
    Really want to try some spacers on as the camber at the front opens a huge gap when aired out, but when I drive and tuck it sits pretty flush, so dont want to go too spaced and ruin my drive height with rubbing.
    Wish more forum audi owners lived near, then I could maybe ask nicely to try their spacers before buying.(cheeky mare I know)

My v2 controller:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

SI-W85 likes this.
  38. Chop.

Chop. Well-Known Member TFSI Owners Group Team V6 Silver Supporter Audi S4 Audi Avant Owner Group quattro S tronic Supercharged

Cracking looking motor with some nice work, good job

39. Meemo

Do you even space bro?? Well actually no.. no I don't...

[​IMG]

Prob need 15 mm spacers to make the gap a little less classic beetle stance, but anything over 10mm I think I will have to stretch the tyres or my drive height will be nasty and rubbing. I am not going for show stance but 20mm would look spot on aired out :p

40. NVM

NVM Member

Looking sweet... If you do get spacers... make sure they are coated. Raw alloy ones pit and almost glue to the hub

41. Meemo

Thanks for the heads up, same coating as they do new disks or a wax?

42. NVM

NVM Member

Give TPi a call in Luton they have anodised black ones :D

43. Meemo

Thanks, I will look for anodised ones :)