manchester congestion charge

Just another fecking tax to feed those ****** politicians & there ever increasing expense accounts.

are the extra i's in Birmingham to make it more attractive? if yes it ain't working.

just another congestion charge which eventually will be in every city

Complete scam in my eyes and hopefully those who get to vote for it will see it as that - and vote NO !
The way I see it is that our money (taken from the ever increasing road tax + all other taxes and petrol) was to be used by the goverment & local councils to pay for the maintence of road and public transport.
This clearly has not happened and now they (the goverment) has decided that it would be a good idea to spend some cash on public transport - (in the faint belief that it will persude people to give up the convience of their own car), but want us the public to once again pay for it.
It has not had any effect on reducing traffic within London so I've no idea why they think it will work. Other than getting yet more cash for the coffers.

PS anyone else noticed that some traffic lights have had their go period reduced ??

Richard

The "Congestion" in Manchester has been created by the so called road improvements which have reduced the amount of road space on certain main routes into the city centre by increasing bus lanes with scameras in them.

Everyone who is entitled to vote should vote NO to this attempt at daylight robbery. Hopefully sense will prevail and it will die as it deserves to.
The ballot papers are due out by 26 November and the vote ends on 11 December with the result known within a day or so