Facelift Managed to get on dyno briefly

Totally agree with Leo-RS on this subject. Over the past 12 months or so, I have done my fair share of dyno sessions (see the pic below), the car has been on Cartec, Dyno Dynamics and Maha dyno's, all of them have given different results under different conditions on different days. An example of this can be seen in the MRC dyno charts at the front. The chart in the middle shows a comparison of stock power to a stage 1 tune. The chart on the right is another dyno run 2 months later showing the same stage 1 tune being upgraded to a stage 2 - there is a difference in the stage 1 results - not massive but still a difference. If you happen to have a bad batch of fuel or maybe running it on 95RON or perhaps added some octane booster to the tank, the results can be all over the place.
Dyno's are good way to check fueling and boost are all working as expected after adding tuning parts and ECU upgrades, but as Leo has said, the Vbox is the best way to really measure the difference.
IMG 3154   Copy

Reactions: T-800 and AudiNutta
Tbf although power between the two is almost identical the FL does seem to be running with a lot more torque as standard.

TX.

Sent from my STV100-4 using Tapatalk

I drove the FL for the first time last week. My first impressions were that the car seems to rev easier (when standing still) the same sort of feeling you get from a car with a lightened flywheel (isn't the crank now hollow cast or something?). In my opinion the low speed power delivery out on the road is better than the stock PFL car (the extra torque no doubt), however I can't really judge the mid to top end power as it felt a bit flat from 3500rpm compared to my stage 2 car.
Turn in felt sharper (like the PFL car with rear ARB added). Gearbox feels as if the Audi engineers have tweaked the dsg to change quicker - feels nice.
A nicely mapped FL car is going to be epic!

Last edited:
Reactions: T-800, AudiNutta and Terminator x
I have Vbox sport also but you can also say dit or that not accepting readings, bad tyre/good tyre/old tyre/ dry and old tyre/ soft tyre/ wrong rubber tyre and so on. It’s always something different/wrong with atmosphere dry/wet or with gasoline RON or with not the same rpms and so on and you can figuere it out, always something.

Can’t really think like that. It’s as some car owners want a rolling start after has been beaten from a stand still and so on.

Totally agree with Leo-RS on this subject. Over the past 12 months or so, I have done my fair share of dyno sessions (see the pic below), the car has been on Cartec, Dyno Dynamics and Maha dyno's, all of them have given different results under different conditions on different days. An example of this can be seen in the MRC dyno charts at the front. The chart in the middle shows a comparison of stock power to a stage 1 tune. The chart on the right is another dyno run 2 months later showing the same stage 1 tune being upgraded to a stage 2 - there is a difference in the stage 1 results - not massive but still a difference. If you happen to have a bad batch of fuel or maybe running it on 95RON or perhaps added some octane booster to the tank, the results can be all over the place.
Dyno's are good way to check fueling and boost are all working as expected after adding tuning parts and ECU upgrades, but as Leo has said, the Vbox is the best way to really measure the difference.
View attachment 143078

Would be good if you could put them in order.......... very interesting to see the differences!!!!

Would be good if you could put them in order.......... very interesting to see the differences!!!!
If I get time I might be able to tabulate the results. I have some more charts somewhere too!
The collection of dyno plots are the history of my PFL car from the point it was run in and first dynoed at 1,000 miles, right through to dyno shoot out sessions I attended. There are also parts experiments done with mine and friends cars ( we did comparisons with tuning boxes, decat pipes, etc), re-mapping at various stages of tune including changes to dsg launching and Santa Pod 1/4 mile timeslip comparisons.
Obviously I am not a 'warranty hugger' but I never really intended to go down this route with this car, but once I started I couldn't resist adding other bit's and pieces. I have drawn the line at a bigger turbo upgrade (for the moment at least :grimacing:) as I use the car as a daily driver and I am happy with how it performs.
As for the FL car...... it's early days but I believe we will see some astonishing numbers for the stage 1 & 2 tunes on these engines, numbers that will easily eclipse the PFL car at comparable level of tune running the OEM turbo.

Reactions: T-800

Guys fitted a mid pipe and down pipe and sounds v good! He was waffling in, think he’s fitted an Intercooler as well.

Think it's safe to say Audi have pegged the engine back and the tune is putting it back to where it should be. Can't tread on toes of RS5 after all.

TX.

Reactions: AudiNutta
I agree - the dynos you see are very flat which suggests a detune and it would not help shift the 5 or 6 if the RS3 left them in dust. Or perhaps they are worried about something going bang?

I agree - the dynos you see are very flat which suggests a detune and it would not help shift the 5 or 6 if the RS3 left them in dust. Or perhaps they are worried about something going bang?
More likely Audi waiting to see what Merc are going to conjur up with the new A45 AMG next year.

Reactions: T-800 and Terminator x
Dynoing - sounds a lot like measuring a penis.

10" on top
12" underneath
Extra inch pressed in
Missus guess = "Dunno, why are you obsessed with penis size, er, 3 foot?'

I've never dynoed a car in my life and I've had loads of sports cars, especially Turbos. Seems like insecure madness to me.
Mind you, never been into tuning cars though did 'chip' an Uno Turbo and R5 GT Turbo back in the day. I left the Integrales standard in power terms.

Reactions: Ozmosis, AudiNutta and T-800
Disclaimer:
No penises were injured in the making of that post.
The figures are just examples.... :)

Reactions: Ozmosis, AudiNutta and DW81
Dynoing - sounds a lot like measuring a penis.

10" on top
12" underneath
Extra inch pressed in
Missus guess = "Dunno, why are you obsessed with penis size, er, 3 foot?'

I've never dynoed a car in my life and I've had loads of sports cars, especially Turbos. Seems like insecure madness to me.
Mind you, never been into tuning cars though did 'chip' an Uno Turbo and R5 GT Turbo back in the day. I left the Integrales standard in power terms.

Your a bad man Evotion

Reactions: AudiNutta
Mrs Evotion sounds like a keeper though ;)

TX.

Reactions: AudiNutta, Beebee-one and T-800
Internet version - "Missus guess = "Dunno, why are you obsessed with penis size, er, 3 foot?'"
Reality - "Missus said - don't know why you bother - you could play a record with your c0ck"

Reactions: DW81