Mamba turbos

Reaction score
I have been offered a big turbo set up for not a lot of money and it comes with a Mamba gt3071. Are they any good of a turbo? Also how easy would it be to get new oil and water lines for it as he says it could do with new lines made for it.

I have been offered a big turbo set up for not a lot of money and it comes with a Mamba gt3071. Are they any good of a turbo? Also how easy would it be to get new oil and water lines for it as he says it could do with new lines made for it.
Mamba is a company founded by one of the CEO of Kinugawa. UK strip down in the past has shown to be as good as Garrett. Lines? Get the parts and make them yourself or just buy a kit. Earl's performance makes them to suit needs.
For not alot of money, could be worthwhile...but check the manifold for cracks/heat distribution issues.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

I got a clutch pipe for my camper van from pirtek and I saw Karl mention them too the other day. You can specify, material, pipe, ends etc and they make up your hoses for you.

http://m.pirtek.co.uk

Reactions: hydro s3 and andrew_wright
i got many parts from them and they are top notch!

if anything what i would do is get a brass ring for the ball bearings (not sure if they can supply you with one but their's usually came with plastic bearing rings) & re build the cartridge like that. do a re-balance

you're set

Reactions: hydro s3
From what I’ve heard, some people have mamba turbos with no problems and others have had mamba turbos that have **** themselves quickly and taken engines with them. Seems it’s a lottery on build quality.

None of these were on 8L’s. Not seen how they perform myself but they seem to make alright numbers from what I’ve heard.

Reactions: hydro s3
Hi I have a Mamba ko4 hybrid stage 2 kicks in around 3 k all the way to red line so not like standard ko4
but pulls much harder to redline not running out of puff as early just what I wanted only time will tell if it will last.
I did my research and a lot of big turbo Skyline's evos ect use mamba turbos they are well known in the jdm scene
from what I gathered they are reliable so I thought I would be a guinea pig and try ko4 hybrid but has been on the rebuilt engine for about 6 months .
Have not had it on the dyno yet waiting for do finishing touches running 22psi for the moment all is good.

Reactions: hydro s3 and IPG
mamba k04 hybrid is meh.... not all that at all.. and bin off their actuator as they're typically rubbish things.
as an entry level k04 hybrid it works, 320-340bhp region with supporting mods from the few I've seen (all of which had previously had actuator problem and replaced them)

Mamba/Kinugawa big turbos have good feedback generally.
When I purchased this turbo it was more due to the lack of options available within a reasonable
price range and personally I could not justify spending BT money on a ko4 some of which cost over 1000 pounds the last time I checked.

It was a bit of a gamble as there was hardly any reviews on this hybrid at the time but I decided to bite the bullet and purchase it regardless.
The Mamba ko4 was advertised as a 350 bhp turbo so if I manage to get 340 once its all said and done ill be a happy camper.

I did not expect that much from a small turbo I know some hybrids can get more power but at a much greater cost
350 is the target and is plenty for my needs ie daily london driving when I dyno It I will post my results.
When funds permit I will go BT but not for the foreseeable future as improving my house is where most of my time and money is going at the moment, as for the actuator I have not had any issues as of yet but I will report back if I do fingers crossed.