major power loss 1.9TDI 130

seany26

Reaction score
A FRIEND FONED ABOUT A POWER LOSS ON A 2003 1.9TDI 130 IN ALL GEARS BELLOW 2200 REVS OR SO, SO I HEADED DOWN AND STUCK THE GOOD OLD VAG-COM ON IT, PULLED UP MAF AND BOOST PRESSURE COMPENSATION. SO I CHANGED THE MAF SENSOR AND CLEARED THE FAULT CODES, STILL TO FIND THE POWER LOSS WAS THEIR AND REALLY BAD, AND NO FAULT CODES BEING READ NOW. RELATING TO THE BOOST PRESSURE COMPENSATION I THOUGHT ID CHANGE OVER THE BOOST PRESSURE SENSOR FROM MY OWN CAR (SAME CAR) STILL TO FIND NO DIFFERENCE!

THEIR IS NO BLACK SMOKE POORING OUT OF THE BACK SO ITS REALY GOT ME.

THEIR WAS ALSO FAULTY BRAKE SWITCH SO I CHANGED IT FOR ONE LAST STAB BUT NOTHING

ANY1 EXPERIENCED ANYTHING LIKE THIS OR SHED ANY LIGHT ON SUMFING ELSE TO CHECK.

PS THIS SEAMS TO BE A VERY GOOD FORUM, READ ALOT OF INTRESTING POSTS

I had this exact this problem on my 1.9TDi. It turned out to be a faulty O Ring in the Turbo.

my mate has the passat with the same engine, he used to lose boost all together, turn ignition off and on whilst driving, boost came back. but ended up needing a turbo.

check for air leaks

ok ill give a few of these a check out 2nite if i get round 2 it, and post back

As you have vagcom take it for a drive and log the boost pressure.

had vag com hooked up but i could not find an address for the live data on the boost pressure?

Theres a few common issues ,
N75 valve
Maf
vac pipes split of come off
Map sensor (often overlooked )
and last but not least Turbo as the variable veins get sooted up.

Theres a few common issues ,
N75 valve
Maf
vac pipes split of come off
Map sensor (often overlooked )
and last but not least Turbo as the variable veins get sooted up.

yea i think its the variable veins myself, behaviour is as if they are getting stuck if that makes any sence.
the map sensor is the only1 I aint located were is it, if possible could you get pics.

Maf sensor is in the plastic inlet pipe as for Vagcom boost pressure reading addresses check out the rosstech wiki i'm sure thats where i found it.

Map sensor is connected to the intercooler iirc.

yea i think its the variable veins myself, behaviour is as if they are getting stuck if that makes any sence.
the map sensor is the only1 I aint located were is it, if possible could you get pics.
MAP sensor is on the right at the back of the engine on the top of the plastic inlet pipe easy to see and fit ,if you need a pic i can sort one out tommorow if it will help :)

Oh yeah, that's what I meant lalala on the intercooler pipe at the back on the nearside, whoops!