Major MMI and CP Issues, Audi S5 b9.

AJT1979

Reaction score
My problems started about a month ago. Got in the car one morning and no sound at all (I have the B&O system). This progressed within a week to the centre display and virtual cockpit dimming so badly, you can barely see what’s on them.
At this point I hit a minor pothole and the virtual cockpit came back to full brightness but with multiple warning lights and ‘SAFE Component Protection’ on the screen. This event also knocked out my air con and heated seat controls.

The car has been into Audi last week and I’ve been informed that multiple MMI modules have gone into CP mode which at this point, they are unable to remove. They now want the car back in for additional testing as after a whole day, they are still scratching their heads with no idea what the issue is… Audi asked if I had modified the car in any way but in the 18 months I’ve owned it, only a Ghost Immobiliser was installed (The day after I took ownership of the car). No other issues up until now.

Has anyone else had something similar happen to them? Any advice would be hugely appreciated! Thanks