Facelift Maintenance Package worth it on a lease?

AlwaysBeenS3

Reaction score
Just wondering whether you guys think taking a maintenance package on a lease car

These cars are brand new so based on doing average mileage 12k per year, what servicing/maintenance will be required over its first three years?

Appreciate if you guys could give details on what work you have had done on your cars over the first three years and mileage

Thanks!

how much for the maintenance package?. i have it on my S3 think it was about 10pounds a month well worth it as i track mine:smirk: gone through discs pads and for tyres in 15k miles

£14 per month

Problem is when you get a maintained lease, the excess charge per mile goes up and that can sting big time (especially if you have underestimated the mileage you do)

Tempted to take it out but iv taken it out in the past and tyres have lasted and dealer simply reset the service light and said come back at 18k so will be lucky to get even one service and couple of tyres out of them

Discs, pads and tyres in 15k?! Is that only because you track the car?? I would have expected even on an S3 for them to last longer than that (obv doing normal driving and no track use)

Tyres 15k and pads 20k for me. No tracking the car just having fun

£14 per month

Problem is when you get a maintained lease, the excess charge per mile goes up and that can sting big time (especially if you have underestimated the mileage you do)

Tempted to take it out but iv taken it out in the past and tyres have lasted and dealer simply reset the service light and said come back at 18k so will be lucky to get even one service and couple of tyres out of them

Discs, pads and tyres in 15k?! Is that only because you track the car?? I would have expected even on an S3 for them to last longer than that (obv doing normal driving and no track use)
Yep if i didn't track it would of all would been ok, so in your case dont get it..

Yeah I also expect the tires to last around 15-18k and pads around 20 odd

VW i know put on Bridgestones on the Golf R 18" wheels and these are a very hard compound and seem to last forever, even after 15k iv seen a good few mm left. The recent S3 i drove also had Bridgestones so expect them to last atleast 18k miles even with spirited driving

Based on normal/odd blast here and there, would it be unfair to expect the following:-

Year 1 @9k/12 months - Interim service
Year 2 @18k/24 months - Major Service
Year 3 @27k/36month - Interim service

Tyres dependant on driving style and tyre type but I would estimate 15-18k based on using Bridgestone Potenzas

Discs/Pads dependant on driving style but id expect atleast 25k out of pads on normal use, and discs even longer

Can't seem to think it would anymore than these listed over three years

£250 oil service at around 12k I think I had.
£120 for an inspection service at 18k (yeah, why couldn't it have been done together)
£250 for another oil change soon at 32k
Had new tyres at 19k but audi dealership price matched BlackCircles fitted price on Michelins..,bonus. But still £400ish
Just had pads all round but had it done at National Tyres with Pagid for £145 front and rear pads. Dealer wanted £450 just for the front!

So in 2 years...£915 in the first 2 years and another £250 soon but that wouldn't be my problem if it was 2 year lease....mine is pcp though so keeping a while longer as I'm about £2k negative at moment.

Reactions: AlwaysBeenS3
Just worked out that 2 years at £14 is only £336! So, if it sobers tyres and pads and services...damn, I wish I'd took one. But do they replace tyres that have just been worn down or only that have been damaged?

Thanks for the detail SmiletS3, pretty much in line with costs I was expecting

The maintenance is worth it but I would rather have a well serviced car (although not mine and owned by the lease company); with my past experience of the garage simply resetting the light when it clearly needed an oil service makes me think twice of getting it

Also if you go over your mileage, excess mileage charges jump considerably e.g. from 10.8p to 18p. doesn't seem like a lot but if you go well over, this alone can amount to roughly £700 in extra charges (based on an extra 10000 miles over agreed contractual mileage)

Obviously not everyone will go over their contractual mileage so the above scenario will be irrelevant when costing but if there is a potential of this happening then not worth taking

Reactions: SmileyS3