Main dealer neglect

london jay

Reaction score
Hi, i've just had the dsg service done by Vagtech and they said is was the original filter that they took off.

The car has only ever been looked after by main Audi dealers.

It's done 59,000 miles now but Colchester Audi serviced it at 39,000, 44,000 and 51,000 before I got it.

When I couldn't find any mention of the dsg I emailed Colchester Audi who replied it had the Haldex done at 39,000 but they have no record of the dsg being done and would I like to book it in as it needs to be done at 40,000 miles!

Surely they should of done it before now?

Cheers

Jay.

They should have advised previous owber the need for gearbox oil change, but it's an additional thing which is not covered under normal service nor their up front service contract schedule.
Having said that if you bought car from Audi, then they should have ensured the car was fully up to date with all service items due.

Yeah I wouldn't main dealer neglect just previous owner neglect.
At the end of the day the dealer can only advise what needs done.
Can only carry out the work that the owner is willing to pay for.

I was due a warranty service by Audi last year at 39,000 miles! whilst booking it in I asked them about a 40,000 mile DSG service, I was told it wasn't due yet & should rebook it at a later date. They had my car all day changing Oil, Filter & could easily have done the DSG at the same time, but they wouldn't have been able to charge me as much if they'd done it during the service.

Since they gave me no choice but to book it later, I booked it with an independent and paid half what they wanted, their loss.

Reactions: Sandra, london jay and warren_S5
If Audi would of mentioned to the previous owner about the dsg he would of definitely had it done.

I'm just surprised they didn't mention it to him.

Just glad I've had it done now!

Thanks for the replies gents ;)

It's also clearly mentioned in the service booklet... So are Audi turning a blind eye with a view to picking up expensive repair work further down the line..SNEAKY..........:angrymod:

Reactions: Artimus
Yea, they still haven't contacted me to inform me it needs doing eight months later, and there's no way they would know I got it done elsewhere as the car hasn't been back to them for any work yet.

Yea, they still haven't contacted me to inform me it needs doing eight months later, and there's no way they would know I got it done elsewhere as the car hasn't been back to them for any work yet.

At the end of the day it is your car and your responsibility to maintain it in accordance with the service schedule, Audi have no idea how many miles you have covered since it was last with them.

Sorry mate, I'm not a fan of main dealers as such and generally regard them as a bunch of over priced crooks but have to side with them on this occasion.

Recently my son bought a 2008 TT and he took it to our local Audi main dealer for a full service including new cam belt. All went well on the day,
However as we were still "bonding" with the car about a week later we decided to take the wheels off for an inspection and clean up. We found that most of the wheel nuts were done up so tight I was almost bending my long bar breaker in the effort to undo them. What was worse, one of the locking wheel nuts was not even finger tight.
Now I know the wheel would not have come off due to the rest of over tightened but this is not what you expect.
All work carried out by the previous owner had been carried out by an Audi main dealer.
In my local tyre fitting place all of the wheels are torqued up correctly and the fitter has to be observed doing it as well by another fitter.
Does this not occur as Audi?

Reactions: london jay
They left my bonnet open.....
Think Audi employ apprentices who are charged out at full rates to punters but perhaps not properly supervised.