main. bearing caps

sandwich1987

Reaction score
Managed to source amother agu block for my eventual striker engine...but the seller hasn't included the main bearing caps, I've sent him a msg but if he dmeant have them can I use The ones I had from my other block or are they all individually line bored?
Chee're

Will that mean I have to use oversize bearings? Think it will probably be better to source a complete engine! Oh well another block for the scrappy :(

No mate

The cap are machined at the mating face bring the the cap closer to the block if you know what i mean then they are torque down to the block then line honed to the standard size

i have managed to get in contact with the original seller of the block so i think im going to be ok and match the original caps....phewwwww. now i just need to wait for an agu/aeb head and then order all my stuff from IE. Andrew do you know if going for the 83mm bore, is it 83mm exactly that the machine shop bore it to? Or is the boring size/tolerance sent along the stroker kit? cheers

No if you get a 83mm bore piston doesn't alway mean you get a 83mm piston

A machine shop will measure all the pistons and bore the block accordingly to each pistons to get the right piston to wall clearance.

I have JE pistons and they are 0.1 undersize which is apparently normal for JE, so '83mm' pistons in my case are 82.90