MagRide & VCDS

I'm trying to get hold of you DJAlix regarding Audi vcds. I've sent u a text but no reply. Where abouts are u in London, I can come meet u.

I'm trying to get hold of you DJAlix regarding Audi vcds. I've sent u a text but no reply. Where abouts are u in London, I can come meet u.
Apologies, crazy busy and Mondays and Tuesdays are reserved for project works. Feel free to give me a call and I will answer.

Can you tell me the vcds coding for callibration magnetic ride

S3 sportback 2017 daytona

If I were to waltz into a dealer and ask that they recalibrate my suspension, would it be likely they would look at me like I have three heads? Would I be better off providing instructions for the work?

If I were to waltz into a dealer and ask that they recalibrate my suspension, would it be likely they would look at me like I have three heads? Would I be better off providing instructions for the work?
They should know how to complete the procedure as it’s needed following any suspension related works + more.

I won't recallibrate magnetic ride because I still feel a big difference between dynamic and comfort. After I put eibach springs under my s3. Lowered 2cm front and 1cm back

I won't recallibrate magnetic ride because I still feel a big difference between dynamic and comfort. After I put eibach springs under my s3. Lowered 2cm front and 1cm back

If you are happy with your setup then there is no need to, but things will change over time / the miles. Your vehicle is going to be over compensating, ie trying to push more power to your dampers, because your dampers zero / resting position is offset. Once your springs have bedded in you will start investigating a re-calibration :)

Reactions: AL_B
I'm in a situation where I can't decide which spring kit to purchase. I have a 2018 S3 sportback with 19's and mag. Basically I'd like the H&R look (height and level) but with the Eibach comfort. I did initially settle on the EDD kit but read some reviews that put me off, mainly the 7R forums and build quality and rubbing issues. MSS kit gets good reviews but £700 for springs? come off it..

@-Ju- might be able to convince me, was the ride in comfort improved much with the H&R's after the ODIS calibration?
Is the reverse rake on the Eibachs that noticable? It looks more level on certain pics
Is there more of a drop on mag ride equipped cars with the being slightly hire from factory?
@jungle650 Is the white sportback on your first post fitted with sportlines? And if so do you know the owner or have any other pics please?

@gynads The ride was definitely improved after calibration and the look was spot on imo with H&R's
I'm actually on Eibach pro's now as my partner struggled getting out with the much lower ride height. It doesn't look as nice but tbh the ride is actually slightly improved over the H&R's. Maybe that's down to the increased spring travel?
I still need mine recalibrated again @DJAlix when it can be done up near me

Reactions: gynads
I'm in a situation where I can't decide which spring kit to purchase. I have a 2018 S3 sportback with 19's and mag. Basically I'd like the H&R look (height and level) but with the Eibach comfort. I did initially settle on the EDD kit but read some reviews that put me off, mainly the 7R forums and build quality and rubbing issues. MSS kit gets good reviews but £700 for springs? come off it..

@-Ju- might be able to convince me, was the ride in comfort improved much with the H&R's after the ODIS calibration?
Is the reverse rake on the Eibachs that noticable? It looks more level on certain pics
Is there more of a drop on mag ride equipped cars with the being slightly hire from factory?
@jungle650 Is the white sportback on your first post fitted with sportlines? And if so do you know the owner or have any other pics please?

Yes the white and blue cars from my post on previous page both sit on Eibach Sportlines. White car was owned by @batch. The Blue car was owned by @sjbarneS3. Along with @Rob2k68 and his Daytona Grey S3 they all convinced me that Eibachs were a good option for the MBQ platform.

As you can read from my detailed description the Eibach Sportlines are a great spring offering a decent drop on Mag ride cars whilst balancing comfort. I doubt you would be dissapointed unless you want a really aggressive drop or are looking for a hardcore track focused set up. Mag Ride cars naturally sit appx 5mm higher than stock cars so you do not see as much drop conpared to standard spring/damper set ups.

The further you drop a car the more comfort is going to be compromised. There really is no escaping that. However unless you are slamming the car to the floor the 20-25mm type drops on the front and circa 15-20 on the rear are very acceptable. Going beyond this to 40mm+ with other sets ups is starting to get way too aggressive in my opinion. (Rubbing/ Comfort / Tyre wear all factors to be considered).

Similar to @-Ju- my new car now sits on Eibach Pros which offer a very similar drop especially at the front but keep full comfort.

Read more here with measurements vs Eibach Sportlines.

However it sounds like Eibach Sportlines would be your best bet, unless you wanted to fit a full MSS kit which actually incorporate the Eibachs anyway but offer adjustability ( albeit car has to be on stands to adjust though ). I cant comment on H&R, only Eibach which I have obviousky chosen again.

Enough said.

Hope that helps
Jungle

Last edited:
Reactions: NevMan, gynads and T-800
so how is the work with deactivating the magride system for full coilovers?

i have a 2015 s3 with mag, what do you need done? im down to help out till this gets done!

did you ever get the odis?
? Not sure I understand the question. I am an authorised VW Group services provider.

any word on getting this working yet?
Magride Delete? Yes, completed. Its not a service I am offering however as its uneconomical.

Reactions: NevMan
ODIS, i thought you had mentioned you needed this to get the magride delete to work. i wasnt sure if you got it yet. since you got it i was really hoping after years of checking with you about the magride delete i had not heard back from you about the process.

at this point do you have the instructions on how to do it on an s3 2015 sedan?

thanks alex!

again been waiting on this for a while. i knew you would be able to get it to work

Last edited:
ODIS, i thought you had mentioned you needed this to get the magride delete to work. i wasnt sure if you got it yet. since you got it i was really hoping after years of checking with you about the magride delete i had not heard back from you about the process.

at this point do you have the instructions on how to do it on an s3 2015 sedan?

thanks alex!

again been waiting on this for a while. i knew you would be able to get it to work
Really really sorry but this is not information I am willing to share in any shape or form, or indeed for any price. I am not offering it as a regular service as I would need said vehicle for several days, but I will offer as part of project / build.

oh i see.

was it a odis or vcds that you were able to make it work?

also, just for curiosity why are you stopping short of help the community when it comes to this magride delete mod? since you did work it out already.

i ask this because your very popular with helping the community out with everything so far.

oh i see.

was it a odis or vcds that you were able to make it work?

also, just for curiosity why are you stopping short of help the community when it comes to this magride delete mod? since you did work it out already.

i ask this because your very popular with helping the community out with everything so far.
I cannot give away a high value professional advantage, sorry. Coding is only part of what’s needed to “delete” magride. I cannot detail anything else without giving too much away.

Reactions: NevMan
I cannot give away a high value professional advantage, sorry. Coding is only part of what’s needed to “delete” magride. I cannot detail anything else without giving too much away.
now i see. i was under the impression you were here to help the community as many have stated. i had no idea you were a commercial business here to make a profit.

that makes sense now. i had the idea totally wrong as it did seem you were very helpful initially.

*please make sure that others (like myself) know your true intent. especially when you ask the forum members to help loan you their cars or to ask for members to help you research something on their own car, that they know it is to benefit your business for profit. as i read this whole entire forum, your name comes up as a person who is doing this to help the community with his own time, not as a business. i understand the business stand point. you want to make money, i get that! but to guise as an enthusiast helping others is not professional.

Thought it was pretty common knowledge? Company name being in the profile picture, is a "site sponsor", has own forum thread about jobs done, business website in profile, numerous posts saying PM me for prices on doing x, y, z.
Couldn't be more obvious.

Reactions: B5NUT, CraigM, DJAlix and 4 others
I thought it was pretty obvious too... Alex is an enthusiast as well, just look at his car! He just happens to have a business which involves the vehicle and helps us out on with questions etc - but you can't expect him to give important info etc away for free when he works hard to ensure it's done properly and not abused.

Reactions: Sandra, oli356, FeDx_ and 2 others
now i see. i was under the impression you were here to help the community as many have stated. i had no idea you were a commercial business here to make a profit.

that makes sense now. i had the idea totally wrong as it did seem you were very helpful initially.

*please make sure that others (like myself) know your true intent. especially when you ask the forum members to help loan you their cars or to ask for members to help you research something on their own car, that they know it is to benefit your business for profit. as i read this whole entire forum, your name comes up as a person who is doing this to help the community with his own time, not as a business. i understand the business stand point. you want to make money, i get that! but to guise as an enthusiast helping others is not professional.

A bit harsh.
Plenty he gives away for free on here from coding to help with retrofits. It was pretty clear to me he ran a business and I’ve only been on here for under a year.
If he’s spent significant time and energy on r&d then yeah he should keep it to himself and charge for it. I don’t have a problem with that and to be fair compared to most retrofit places he is pretty cheap anyway even when he traveled up to Scotland to do the job. I definitely don’t see any hidden agenda.

Other side of it is if you made a balls up of your car listening to his advice you will be here to have a moan and looking for possibly compensation. There’s some thing, at least for me, I leave to the pros and as a business he will be insured so if he ***** ups your car he will put it right.

Reactions: Sandra, davc, DJAlix and 2 others
I thought it was pretty obvious too... Alex is an enthusiast as well, just look at his car! He just happens to have a business which involves the vehicle and helps us out on with questions etc - but you can't expect him to give important info etc away for free when he works hard to ensure it's done properly and not abused.

Well said, and spot on. Speaking from experience having used Alex for coding and fitting reversing camera and f/r dashcams he is an expert and is very very reasonable cost-wise, but is a business after all not a charity

Reactions: Sandra, DJAlix and AlS3BE

I think someone needs to visit the forum via a device that’s lets you see the website in its full desktop version, and I suggest you do that NOW in order to see the images within this post:

This lets you know who I am, an animated banner advertising my professional services, attached to every post I make:

Screenshot 2019 04 10 at 091715

The above banner, unless you have an adblocker, is also displayed around the forum 24/7 for a number of years now.

The below damn well lets you know who I am, a professional business, and is attached to every post I make and indeed my ASN profile:

Screenshot 2019 04 10 at 091830

Oh, further information available here... the most active site sponsor section of the forum, containing "in your face" examples of my "professional" business works and indeed "intent":

Screenshot 2019 04 10 at 091925

and for those who venture outside of the forum, its not the best website but I would like to think that it says I am a professional:

Screenshot 2019 04 10 at 092058

Oh shiss bro! Whats this? Yet more information in the form of a FB authenticated business:

IMG 2371

I said god damn, even more information via Instagram!

IMG 2370

If you don't get that I am a business from some or all of above information, plus all that you have read across the forum, then you Sir are too blind and waaaaay too stupid to be behind the wheel of a car!

I am and have been a very proud Audi-sport.net official SITE SPONER for a number of years now, helping and providing support where I can, offering my services at fair rates to both personal and business customers. I offer reduced rates, exclusive offers and even free works to ASN members. I receive 100’s of messages daily and devote a lot of time to this forum and this forum ONLY. Hell I even attend ASN events at 5am in order to help setup the tents, arrange the cars on stands etc and I just had a thought... you know what buddy? I F’ing pay to be here!! I pay a LARGE sum of money out of my own F’ing pocket to advise, guide and help the members here and you know what... I have never EVER bitched or moaned about it!

Let me tell you something about covert business intent... I used to be a section moderator on ASN, with full moderator privileges and control over the forum, and not wanting to abuse my position / advantage I surrendered this role in order to become a trader when I went all in on my business. Hows that for transparency and honesty?!

I don’t see any other business on here offering full and detailed support or advise FOR FREE. Others do a fraction of what I do here, overtly and covertly, and anything that's done is to generate sales for themselves. Not me, I don't do this. If some advice or help leads to a "sale" then happy days but if I do fire pricing out straight away then its because it would be works where I incur a cost, something which would need covering at the very least. I do what I do here out of respect for Audi-sport.net because this forum is where it all started for me... but I can only do this to a point as this is now my full time business and I have a family to feed.

please make sure that others (like myself) know your true intent. especially when you ask the forum members to help loan you their cars or to ask for members to help you research something on their own car, that they know it is to benefit your business for profit.

Don't you f'ing dare! If I ask for help or information here, and people are kind enough to supply it, I am amazingly grateful and offer my services in exchange and where possible .. ALWAYS! You forget Sir, one of the reasons you have all your nice little VCDS mods & tweaks and indeed retrofit notes is because I, ME, ALEX purchased a couple of £40k cars with MY money, I pulled them to bits, I reverse engineered them, I broke them, I suffered the time and finical costs and then I POSTED the results! Your Welcome!

To the matter in hand, the "throwing your toys out of the pram over you not getting information about your MagRide delete".... here is a basic overview of what's needed:
  • As you might imagine, or not as you seem to be a little dim, any and all MagRide coding needs to be removed from modules which contain it, however some modules cannot have the coding removed and need to be replaced, parameterised, coded, adapted and then calibrated.
  • Any and all related systems need to be re-wired in order to physically remove any MagRide components, and no this does not mean disconnecting the dampers and job done. You need to rewire airbags, headlights, sensors etc etc. MASSIVE MASSIVE JOB!
One of the main reasons I am not posting a guide is liability, because at its most basic I could be posting information on how to f'ing kill yourself and your passengers if YOU did not complete the job correctly. As a person and a legitimate business I cannot take / risk life in any way. YOU would not be doing then work? Then someone else would be making money off my information, another reason as to why I am not posting a guide. YOU would get me to do the work? Ok, lets look at this:
  • Needed new control modules supply = £3200.00
  • Installation and configuration of thew above = £1200.00
  • Materials costs = £475.00
  • DJAlix time cost = £1750.00 (reduced forum project rate for 5 days works, 7.5 hours per day)
I would not actually take this job on unless it was part of a larger project because I would be loosing money from other more profitable works, however if you ship me your vehicle I will honour the above pricing. Deal?

Reactions: B5NUT, OCDaveS4, Sandra and 7 others
Pretty much says it all really........

I applaud you Alex.

Reactions: Sandra and NevMan
Totally over the top response from a "professional" on a community board.

Reactions: 949
Totally over the top response from a "professional" on a community board.
Totally 100% entitled to your opinion but this “personal” attack deserved a personal response.

Reactions: toooldforboyracing, davc, CraigM and 6 others
sorry everyone about my initial/surprised response about alex's intention. i was totally thrown off as he is a professional but asks forum members to gather info then charges the same people. i know many of you are true followers and im not here to change anyone's opinion. i am but just one member who was truly surprised.

I came to the initial confusion because he (alex) never explained it like he is now, 'help me and ill charge you attitude'. my intention is to just ask why he isnt helping with the the mag ride after all the members helping him and he finally got the coding to work. honestly we would have loved to have this coded out properly as he was the guy to go to for this sort of help.

to get the facts right. if anyone wants to pay him then thats on each individual person. there is nothing wrong with that but the disguise of it is the only thing i was mentioning.

alex good for you for finding this as a niche for your business. again if someone is willing to pay for it, there is nothing wrong with that. but it seems like your upset that i mentioned it, sorry about upsetting you or bringing to light the intention that i was lost on. i am sure others may have been aware of it but unless i was told about it (my assumption is that i may not be the only one) directly my belief was that your contribution and the communities contribution was free to each other so that we all can grow. to me your record on here has always been helpful and free (up until now) and i commend you on that.

"Don't you f'ing dare! If I ask for help or information here, and people are kind enough to supply it, I am amazingly grateful and offer my services in exchange and where possible .. ALWAYS! You forget Sir, one of the reasons you have all your nice little VCDS mods & tweaks and indeed retrofit notes is because I, ME, ALEX purchased a couple of £40k cars with MY money, I pulled them to bits, I reverse engineered them, I broke them, I suffered the time and finical costs and then I POSTED the results! Your Welcome!"​

as for your investment no one on here made you buy a car for research or buy a software/hardware, you did that yourself to help create your business. so dont blame us for what you decided to do. if you share it like we all do then that is what the forum is all about. i have seen many other share how to do turbo swaps, engine swaps, custom brake works, etc... you name it. but no one ever says what your now saying.
if you want recognition then make a new post and im sure many will be happy to thank you profusely, if thats what your now after. they may even send you cash for all your initial investment, if you ask.

i have kept silent since the initial statement but i did see you posted something about it on here and another thread. while i didnt continue on this as i didnt see this benefiting the community and i really did hope youll keep helping others in some capacity without monetary compensation.

takeaway
if you have just posted this it would have been understood differently as we all would have understood many things. with my limited brain power i would have not question you any further about this mag ride delete.
1. its difficult
2. it requires more than just coding
3. and i am too dim to actually do any of the work. as i would be considered the general public, our low level of thinking would then not have asked you for further help on this.

To the matter in hand, the "throwing your toys out of the pram over you not getting information about your MagRide delete".... here is a basic overview of what's needed:
  • As you might imagine, or not as you seem to be a little dim, any and all MagRide coding needs to be removed from modules which contain it, however some modules cannot have the coding removed and need to be replaced, parameterised, coded, adapted and then calibrated.
  • Any and all related systems need to be re-wired in order to physically remove any MagRide components, and no this does not mean disconnecting the dampers and job done. You need to rewire airbags, headlights, sensors etc etc. MASSIVE MASSIVE JOB!
One of the main reasons I am not posting a guide is liability, because at its most basic I could be posting information on how to f'ing kill yourself and your passengers if YOU did not complete the job correctly. As a person and a legitimate business I cannot take / risk life in any way. YOU would not be doing then work? Then someone else would be making money off my information, another reason as to why I am not posting a guide. YOU would get me to do the work? Ok, lets look at this:
  • DJAlix time cost = £1750.00 (reduced forum project rate for 5 days works, 7.5 hours per day)
I would not actually take this job on unless it was part of a larger project because I would be loosing money from other more profitable works, however if you ship me your vehicle I will honour the above pricing. Deal?

fyi for those who need free advice and info;
i did ask a local shop that is very knowledgeable and is very nice. he did say that it would entail alot and therefore not worth the cost nor time. it was a short discussion to get the gist of the whole problem with coding out the mag ride. he said it would be more than just coding as too many sensors were connected to the mag ride, for example the headlight leveling sensors (didnt know this). he said its easier to just get the mag ride sensor delete such as the neuspeed isweep dcc canceler kit as they seem to have better outcome.

...he said it with out the insults as well.

Last edited:
sorry everyone about my initial/surprised response about alex's intention. i was totally thrown off. i know many of you are true followers and im not here to change anyone's opinion. i am but just one member who was truly surprised.

I came to the initial conclusion because he (alex) never explained it like he is now, 'help me and ill charge you attitude'. my intention is to just ask why he isnt helping with the the mag ride after all the members helping him and he got the coding to work. honestly we would have loved to have this coded out properly as he was the guy to go to for this sort of help.

to get the facts right. if anyone wants to pay him then thats on each individual person. there is nothing wrong with that but the disguise of it is the only thing i was mentioning.

alex good for you for finding this as a niche for your business. again if someone is willing to pay for it, there is nothing wrong with that. but it seems like your upset that i mentioned it, sorry about upsetting you or bringing to light the intention that i was lost on. i am sure others may have been aware of it but unless i was told about it (my assumption is that i may not be the only one) directly my belief was that your contribution and the communities contribution was free to each other so that we all can grow. to me your record on here has always been helpful and free (up until now) and i commend you on that.

"Don't you f'ing dare! If I ask for help or information here, and people are kind enough to supply it, I am amazingly grateful and offer my services in exchange and where possible .. ALWAYS! You forget Sir, one of the reasons you have all your nice little VCDS mods & tweaks and indeed retrofit notes is because I, ME, ALEX purchased a couple of £40k cars with MY money, I pulled them to bits, I reverse engineered them, I broke them, I suffered the time and finical costs and then I POSTED the results! Your Welcome!"​

as for your investment no one on here made you buy a car for research or buy a software/hardware, you did that yourself. so dont blame us for what you decided to do. if you share it like we all do then that is what the forum is all about. i have seen many other share how to do turbo swaps, engine swaps, custom brake works, etc... you name it. but no one ever says what your now saying.
if you want recognition then make a new post and im sure many will be happy to thank you profusely, if thats what your now after. they may even send you cash for all your initial investment, if you ask.

i have kept silent since the initial statement but i did see you posted something about it on here and another thread. while i didnt continue on this as i didnt see this benefiting the community and i really did hope youll keep helping others in some capacity without monetary compensation.

takeaway
if you have just posted this it would have been understood differently as we all would have understood many things. with my limited brain power i would have not question you any further about this mag ride delete.
1. its difficult
2. it requires more than just coding
3. and i am too dim to actually do any of the work. as i would be considered a general community forum member, therefore someone who is also in my same level would have just not asked for further help.

fyi for those who need free advice and info; i did ask a local shop that is very good and is very nice. he did say that it would entail alot and therefore not worth the cost nor time. it was a short discussion and didnt need to be to get the gist of the whole thing. it would be more than just coding as too many sensors were connected to the mag ride such as the headlight leveling sensors (didnt know this). he said its easier to just get the mag ride sensor delete such as the neuspeed isweep dcc canceler kit as they seem to have better outcome.

...he said it with out the insults as well.
Skim read as I don't have the time or the inclination to deal with you.

Nope, you attacked me with an "entitled" attitude, I replied. Done.