Mag Ride & VCDS

RS200Z

Reaction score
So I was poking around with my VCDS and am surprised to find that the rear ride height were set differently for left and right side.
Granted, the difference is only 3mm but just wanna find out if other Mag Ride owners are having the same thing.

RL

RR

The front height is same for both sides at 364mm.

FR

And last but not least, I have lowered my car with H&R Sports springs. Strictly speaking, we should update the Mag Ride module so it can compensate/operate correctly right?

Reactions: Rob2k68
Good find - I'll have a check later.

I take it the dimensions are from wheel arch to centre of wheel ?

My original settings :-

Channel 1 LF 369
Channel 2 RF 368
Channel 3 LR 359
Channel 4 RR 358

Wierd so 1mm lower on the right for some reason.

Would like to set all to 341 as measured but need security access.

Would it be possible to get a copy of the 14 - Susp. Elect Adaptation Map? Will see if I can find the security access code.

That would be awesome !! - I'll make a scan tomorrow - is it possible to PM me an email and I'll send it via that.

Gearbox and fuel tank weights will be the cause. Almost all cars will have a slight variation from corner to corner.

Wonder if these figures are an output from sensors at all ?

For comparison I just checked mine and my settings :-

Channel 1 LF 364
Channel 2 RF 360
Channel 3 LR 346
Channel 4 RR 347

It's interesting to note that there's difference in the ride height settings from factory. Could it be due to sedan / hatchback difference? Or certain factory options that adds to the weight and thus affecting the height?

I agree with Rob2k68 - these sound like sensor channel outputs. Take a reading then get a mate to sit in the back of the car or raise one corner up a bit on the jack and see if the readings change on a second pass.

Reactions: Rob2k68