Maf signal too high

darren t

Reaction score
Can a mass air flow signal too high actually be the maf as my car stalled yesterday and threw fault code for maf signal too high usually it's over boost or lambada bank 1 but only code was maf? Could this be my issue connections checked /sprayed with contact cleaner and seem ok! Maf is genuine bosh and Farley new my actuator preload is set at 0.4 bar and holds perfect my boost gauge hits it's original position maybe a tad less but I still normally hit over boost and then lambada bank. 1 insufficient flow? Only code when car died was maf signal too high thought it was map only related but am leaning towards a new maff as well possibly?????

Last edited:
Mapping... <end/>

There is a diagnostics table that needs lifting for 'larger flow' turbo applications... get it mapped properly dude... most if not all your issues are related to mapping (or the lack of it)

<tuffty/>

So I just started car it revs up and down I unplug maf and it idles perfect do mapping will definatly sort this no need for a new maf as I'd be spending my map money too buy one anyway every time I get close somthing goes I was even on m5 on my way when fuel pump failed pmsl this car is possessed

many maps have built in 'limits' so to speak. You have found yours so they throw a code / warning if something goes a miss.

my old AUM st1 used to throw this code after I added hardware to it after the map, the st1 map wasn't expecting to be seeing 180g/s+ and 175%+ load and threw the ''MAF signal too high code''

many maps have built in 'limits' so to speak. You have found yours so they throw a code / warning if something goes a miss.

my old AUM st1 used to throw this code after I added hardware to it after the map, the st1 map wasn't expecting to be seeing 180g/s+ and 175%+ load and threw the ''MAF signal too high code''
yes I agree with tuffty but I erased code started car from cold and it revs up and down violently I cut it out disconnected maff and then the car started fine must be the maf??

Ok so new bosh maf fitted car trouble codes erased start car fine no reving up and down car pulls strong no limp mode but still get high maf code and now traction controll light stays on dash?

Never did this before with same fault code maf too high signal?? car fells fine now I have previously logged my car at 226.4gs !! my question is am I exceeding this now?

thats why I get this fault is there anyway of making sure its the map being exceeded as I don't think I have a stage 1 map I think it's a stage2 lol just thought 226.4 was high enough and now I've sorted all my pipe work ect I get signal too high definatly no leaks I am chuffed too think iv maxed out my map but want too be 100 percent sure before I go spending 350 pounds on a remap??

dont want any problems for mapping at all!!!!!!:notme:

Last edited by a moderator:
As I explained before... its a diagnostics table... even if peak airflow hasn't changed much or is excessively higher the table is graduated so any increase in airflow mid range can also potentially trip this code...

Please also make some attempt at posting in a fashion that makes it easier to read.. I have edited the post a little to make it more readable

<tuffty/>

Thank you again tuffty that's why in mid range now my boost drops back then back up for a split second like its bleeding off boost,so ill be hoping too map it very soon am I ok running it as it is tuffty for now or disconnect n75?have spotted leak on injector 3 at the rail I have left over injector o rings would these be the same for top of the injector were it meets the rail or are they diffrent too the seats on the inlet manifold?