Maf readings...

S3 Paul

Reaction score
My car has felt slightly off it power wise since i ran out of petrol the other week, ( yes stupid i know )
So i plan to have a little play this weekend to try and cure it,
Im guessing no real way with vag com to check if there is crap in the fuel system?
On my way to work this morning i decided to see what figures i got from the MAF and this peaked at 226.5 mg which means around 283 bhp?
The car has made 310 before with the same set up as now and still pulls smooth and still boosts to 21 psi so... is the low maf reading down to a poorly maf or the ecu holding things back due to another problem??

perhaps tired maf if requested boost is still being met.. and CF's are'nt pulling badly..

A local customer had this happen to his passat, but he drove it hard and it ran out of fuel, and it killed his car... lost a lot of power, pulled massive timing thereafter and eat a lot of its own oil (hence high CF's)

Hoping this is'nt the case on yours.. check 032 and reset faultcodes and see if it trims its fueling ok again.

Ps.. did you send me an email a week or so ago? I think its lost in my inbox..?

Yes bill i did sent you an email,
Ive been out in the car today ( put half a tank of v power in ) there doesnt seem to be the holding back as much now. But as i was alone i decided logging wasnt a good idea ,
The oil level doesnt and hasnt moved for around 2 months , How much would you say is "a lot "?
To check the basic health of systems vag com can check are there any other blocks i can check together?