MAF Problems - 2.0TDI. Help!

Shorty_rs

Reaction score
Hey guys.

I need some help. I have a 2004 BKD A3. It's making no boost, and is not smoking at all. I checked it and its bringing up a MAF signal too low code constantly. I fitted a new MAF and it's still the same, clear the code and it comes back straight away! :(

Any ideas? I'm tearing my hair out with it! Looked on the net loads and can't find anything either.

I've checked the wiring and it looks good too. The plug looks to be alright aswell but might need fuehrer checking on that? The TIP is on the turbo fine aswell. Its draining me!

Air filter clean?renewed recently?

All boost pipes connected properly?

The turbo was really noisy so I've ended up taking it off for a rebuild, was all moving freely though. Will get it back on and go from there..

Refurbished turbo fitted, new oil feed and oil and filter. Took the EGR off too. Still got the MAF fault? :(

Going to fully strip the plug on the MAF down later and see if I can see anything. Does anyone know where the hoses go off the black vacuum control box? They're labelled up 1-6..

Refurbished turbo fitted, new oil feed and oil and filter. Took the EGR off too. Still got the MAF fault? :(

Going to fully strip the plug on the MAF down later and see if I can see anything. Does anyone know where the hoses go off the black vacuum control box? They're labelled up 1-6..

Did you buy A genuine MAF? There's a lot of replacement parts available out there & 90% of them are cack.

Yeah genuine, I wouldn't bother with a patter part on something like a MAF. Also tried a friends MAF as I thought I might of been sent a broken new one, but still the same.

Someone has told me to check the wiring under the battery tray?