MAF part number

MarkS3

Reaction score
Could someone give me the part number for a reconditioned MAF as mine has gone again and although it is less than 2 years old Audi will not replace it as the car is chip, and they say this has worn it out in less than 20,000kms /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gifBS comes to mind!!!! thanks /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/groovy.gif

[ QUOTE ]
MarkS3 said:
Could someone give me the part number for a reconditioned MAF as mine has gone again and although it is less than 2 years old Audi will not replace it as the car is chip, and they say this has worn it out in less than 20,000kms /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gifBS comes to mind!!!! thanks /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/groovy.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Complete bullsh*t!! Can you not take it to a different dealer /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/angel.gif

[ QUOTE ]
RichA3Turbo said:
[ QUOTE ]
MarkS3 said:

[/ QUOTE ]

Complete bullsh*t!! Can you not take it to a different dealer /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/angel.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Precisely.. had mine replaced today and i've done 70k, 35 of those chipped /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Graham

Hey Mark,

I might be able to help with a MAF part number if you know your engine code?

Regards,

Rob.

Hi Mark,

Sorry for the delay in response, I couldn't get hold of my mate who does the 'screenies' for me!

If you look at the attached picture, there are two Air Volume Meters listed for the AMK block; on looking at the price data, it seems that the highlighted part costs around £254 to the dealer and the part below it costs £75 - I'm working on the assumption that this would indicate the second part's price ties in with the £80 MAF exchange part scheme that Audi are offering and guessing that's the part number you're after. This one's maybe an assumption too far but perhaps the MX suffix to the part number [06A 906 461 MX] may even mean Manufacturer eXchange or similar?

Hope that helps,

Regards,

Rob.

aircleaner.jpg

Mark,

As far as I'm aware yes, the parts catalogue groups A3 and S3 together - so long as the engine code is matched correctly you should be fine.

Regards,

Rob.

thanks again Rob only i had seen this post!!
Drill said:
Doesn't the S3 have a slightly larger MAF as well?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Oh yeah thats another one. A3 is 70mm, S3 is 75mm

Sorry to latch onto this post, but I've just sprayed the sensors of my MAF with electrical contact cleaner, and it seems to be pretty juicey so far today on petrol - have I done the wrong thing????

that was exactly how I cleaned it. It seems such a small sensor, which is housed/protected well - was only one direction to "aim and squirt" so to say.
it does seem a bit more nippy (now on a par with my work collegue's 1.8 Z3)
well I filled up yesterday and usually can cover 100 miles before the needle even moves, but it's already down on 3/4 tank on 120 miles.
This week I have also fitted on of those ecotek valves (lean burn thingies) and I have checked that it's set up right) So I'm wondering if that's got anything to do with it.
I'll soon find out how well it's doing when the needle hits the red line.

I'll let you know how I get on

thanks