Lumpy running

leezace

Reaction score
Website
www.audi-sport.net
Hi just wondered if anybody else has or has had lumy / iregular revs at idle speed ?
What i mean by that is the idle tick over isn't as smooth as you would like it.
My car is an A4 turbo sport and i'm not as impressed with its idle running as my old mondeo V6 which was as smooth as a babys bum, it just didn't fluctuate at all.
Its just had a service (all £364 of it !!) and Audi said there was nothing wrong with things like, temp sender, MAF sensor, Plugs etc...Any ideas anyone ?
A friend (foolish3uk ;-) ) from a different thread i wrote said cleaning the throttle butterfly and where it sits might sort it but has anyone tried this and did it work ?
Thanx for any advice,
Lee.

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

I'm having this problem with my A3 and would like to get to the bottom of it

i am not totally sure though i do believe that this problem is throughout the audi range, just get in touch with your local stealer as its probably best from them.

Been there done that mate, they have no answers and to add insult to injury they put my car on their diagnostic machine and that didn't come up with anything either !
Thats why i thought i would ask here, from people who might have dealt with it first hand.

I guess yours does the same red a4 ?

yeh i mean its booked in soon for a service so i shall see what i can come up with and report back.