Lumber support

Grahamb

Reaction score
Evening all..

had this car A6 for 3 days now.

No pics as yet, this w/k hopefully. Had a good look around the inside of the car and i can not see/ find lumber support. A6 without l/s.

Never to this day had no l/s, is there a trick, a hidden switch. Not that the seats are not comfortable, they are, i just like that little kick in the lower back.

Graham

Hi Graham, mine's has non leccy seats but does have leccy lumber support... The button looks like that below and is located on the side of your seat :)

Uploadfromtaptalk1375552617276

No nothing like this at all, we have an 'se' and not to sure they have them. But not a problem, very comfy, will get a little pillow or some thing just for the little bit for low down.

Thank you, i was starting to wonder if there was any a6 owners on here, i read all the time of the a3, nice to think we are not alone.

SE as standard have no elec. lumbar adjustment, unless elec. seats fitted ...

S-Line and Le-Mans as standard have elec. lumbar adjustment even on manual seats ...

I would have thought at least manual adjustment of lumbar would be on an A6?
Brochure not state any info on this matter Link:- http://www.audi.co.uk/content/dam/audi/production/PDF/UsedCars/Refresh/A6/A6 - Sept 06.pdf

Perhaps part cat will show something? will view later & report back :) ...

My blinky Peugeot on a T plate even had one! LOL ...

Last edited:
May-be they made such a good job of making the seats they see no reason as to add them, not a issue here. It just seemed a little strange that such a car would be without.

My A3 with Sport seats doesn't have manual or electric lumbar, don't need it anyway.

May-be they made such a good job of making the seats they see no reason as to add them

LOL I think the Audi fan in you is saying that :) ...

There was once a programme I saw which stated it costs manufacturer more to implement manual (x) than electric (x) but the electric option was more when sold to consumer. So false sense of pricing/value is given to consumer and I think this applies to other things as well ...

It just seemed a little strange that such a car would be without.

I agree :) ...

...don't need it anyway.

My W reg VW LT35 van used to have more adjustments on chair than the 2008/12 VW Crafter's I owned/own and I missed those ...

Then I think I just got used to it but if lesser brands or older vehicles have (x) I do wander why better/newer don't have (x) ...

LOL I think the Audi fan in you is saying that :) ...

There was once a programme I saw which stated it costs manufacturer more to implement manual (x) than electric (x) but the electric option was more when sold to consumer. So false sense of pricing/value is given to consumer and I think this applies to other things as well ...

I agree :) ...

My W reg VW LT35 van used to have more adjustments on chair than the 2008/12 VW Crafter's I owned/own and I missed those ...

Then I think I just got used to it but if lesser brands or older vehicles have (x) I do wander why better/newer don't have (x) ...

Hey thanks for looking, Audi fan now that is good. Got to be said they are very popular.
It is noted that cars these days cars are made better, allbeit those electric and electric that, more to go wrong, cost onto the factor yep i will go along with that.

I have a pre facelift 2008 Le Mans with manual leather seats and the lumbar adjuster as above. To be honest you're not missing much; I usually have it fully off as I like a bucket seat I can get back into with decent side support. Have only had the car a couple of weeks and like it. The steering is a bit light (last car was MK5 Golf GTI) and took me a day or 2 to get used to especially at speed. I easily paired my Galaxy S3 with the MMI and can now view all my phone contacts on the sat nav screen and make calls using the voice dialling thingy on the steering wheel.
I actually found the MMI very intuitive to use. Had a play with it and got most things set as I wanted easily before I read the manual. Was surprised the sat nav cant take full postcode but other than that its good and the directions are nice and clear. Mine doesn't have SD card slots or anything to plug an ipod into so I'm making 6 CDs

Liking it so far, especially the 2.7 TDI which has loads of torque.

I have a pre facelift 2008 Le Mans with manual leather seats and the lumbar adjuster as above. To be honest you're not missing much; I usually have it fully off as I like a bucket seat I can get back into with decent side support. Have only had the car a couple of weeks and like it. The steering is a bit light (last car was MK5 Golf GTI) and took me a day or 2 to get used to especially at speed. I easily paired my Galaxy S3 with the MMI and can now view all my phone contacts on the sat nav screen and make calls using the voice dialling thingy on the steering wheel.
I actually found the MMI very intuitive to use. Had a play with it and got most things set as I wanted easily before I read the manual. Was surprised the sat nav cant take full postcode but other than that its good and the directions are nice and clear. Mine doesn't have SD card slots or anything to plug an ipod into so I'm making 6 CDs

Liking it so far, especially the 2.7 TDI which has loads of torque.

You can add Audi Music Interface which will support iPod for about £200-250.

MMI yep seen this sort of thing in a XJ i had, the speaking settings are a bit hit and miss at the moment, but i getting her to see my way of the matter, only one master in my car, that is until she say's "pardon" quite often to be sure.

Got the sd card in, and a full rack of cds, have thought on the i-pod, not sure i need that, not doing the miles like i used too.

The voice lady, i was playing with her, and said "navigation" she gave me the phone book from the blue tooth, may-be she is thinking for me, "he will want the phone now",

The steering, i think is very good, there is no tracking in to the tree's when not watching, so no need for the shovel in the back now. (my old car had me nibbling the seats a few time's i can tell)