Luggage tensioning strap not there?

DickoB8

A6 Avant Black Edition
Reaction score
Our newly purchased Avant doesn’t have the luggage tensioning strap to the left of the boot but has the holes and clip in place and I see where it would come out of. Was it an optional extra or is it a case of it’s probably previously been snapped?

Nick
92011670d264fe9a7f6e788e72c7e318.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I managed to break the clip that holds the strap your missing & that clip was about £25+vat which I couldn’t bring myself to pay.

FD6232D5 6C64 466C 93D2 CBA20D986B48

£95!!! I was expecting about a tenner :D In that case I’ll just leave it or possibly find a 2nd hand one. Are they easy enough to fit?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Is that a genuine Audi boot liner?
No I’ve got a genuine one in mine & I also bought the bar & Ratchet strap that goes in the rails underneath. It’s a shame you can’t use both together but the one in @DickoB8 car looks like the best of both worlds.

21F78C7A B5A3 4287 B46E 24ED6B9ACF4C

No I’ve got a genuine one in mine & I also bought the bar & Ratchet strap that goes in the rails underneath. It’s a shame you can’t use both together but the one in @DickoB8 car looks like the best of both worlds.

sorry mate, it was @DickoB8 liner I was referring to :wink:

Ok thanks mate. Off to order one...

EDIT: ORDERED :grinning:

Last edited:
Reactions: DickoB8
Ive got the genuine mat and have cut a section out on each side where the rails are so that the boot ratchet strap and the adjustable retaining bar can still be used fully.

Ive got the genuine mat and have cut a section out on each side where the rails are so that the boot ratchet strap and the adjustable retaining bar can still be used fully.

Got any pics ?

I have this also. The liner has pre marked areas to cut to