Luggage cover curtain broken carrier clips

elchet

Reaction score
Hi folks,

My 2018 B9 RS4 came to me with a non-functioning luggage cover system. By closing myself into the boot/trunk (lol), I've been able to watch the motor working and moving the cable inside the rails. I've also found the two carrier clips loose in the compartment, broken off. The fact that these are sold as spares suggests it's not uncommon for them to break or get lost.

Does anyone know if these just clip in like the buckle clips on them suggest?

Image from iOS 10

Also, I've noticed that at the lower end of the rail on the right side there's a sprung hold back notch on the upper part of the rail, presumably to latch and hold the cover in place when the tailgate closes. The equivalent on the left side is missing completely. I guess there's supposed to be one there too and that's also been broken off by a previous owner being completely ham fisted with the cover? Hoping that the system will still work without that, otherwise I'll have to source and replace the whole rail.

For anyone coming across this in future, I've managed to fix my luggage cover mechanism by replacing these clips.

To fit them, they go product code label side up on each side, and the open side toward the rear of the car.

You first have to push in the inner "pin" on the middle peg using a blunt tool before inserting them. Once that piece is pushed in by about 5-8mm, you can seat the clip into the rail which takes a little bit of force, then use something blunt again to push the pin through so it's flush again.

Reactions: ub7rm