Luggage compartment curtain sometimes not closing when tailgate closes

mpjalexander

Reaction score
I recently got a nearly new (Audi approved) Avant Sport 2.0 TDI Ultra (which I’m loving!) and have noticed that sometimes the curtain doesn’t close when the tailgate does; maybe 1 in 5 times it just stays in the top position. It’s resolved by simply opening and closing tailgate again without me doing anything else. In all cases, I’m using the remote key to open and the button on the tailgate to close.

It appears that @exca had the issue, but has anyone else experienced the problem? If so, was it resolved and how?

Reactions: cuke2u
I think this is because you may have (or someone else) adjusted the height of the loading space.. mine did this when I lowered the tailgate position for my garage, however put it back to the regular height and been fine since..

just a thought.

The tailgate opens to what appears to be the full height, but I'll check to see if it will go higher.
Did managed to solve the problem?? I have the same issue.

I ran the VCDS and have a "overheating" code on the tailgate mechanism. Since my car is from 2015 i thinking that it might have collected some dust and i am looking for the tailgate scheme to disassemble the back pillars and check it.
But if you had a better solution, let me know.