Ludez’s Mythos Black Project

Ludez

Reaction score
Hi guys,

Figured I’d get a progress/project thread up as I tend to do with all my cars so I have somewhere to document the build and for anyone likeminded who may be interested.

Picked up my car a couple of days before Christmas after waiting patiently for a car close to my ideal new spec with ultra low mileage. Ended up sacrificing a few things I’d of wanted (Matrix + RS design) but the price was great.

Spec is:

(December 17) Sportback

Mythos Black

Gloss Black styling pack

Privacy glass

Upgraded wheels 8.5J fronts

Red calipers

RS sports exhaust

Supersports seats (red stitching)

Comfort and Sound Pack

Parking pack

Coming from a fairly well sorted MK3 RS Ford Focus and also owning a Litchfield LM20 GT-R this car will also be a project albeit one I see myself keeping a very very long time as it ticks all my boxes for a fast road daily. Got my dragy hooked up last night and did a few runs to get some baseline numbers for my own reference, will attach dragy slips below (don’t read too much into times literally first effort, will chip away and chase times once I’ve got the ball rolling properly don’t worry) was 2c ambient and damp - bone stock with awful PZeros.

0-60 - 3.55s

0-100 - 8.75s

60-100 - 4.93s

60-130 - 11.24s (did have a few invalid sub 11s)

1/4m - 11.85@114.7 (1.96% gradient)

Impressed with the performance of the car out of the box and will fully document and update as the project progresses.

Since taking delivery I’ve sorted out a few little bits i.e gloss black badges, front RS3 delete, carbon wing mirrors, Milltek secondary decat pipes to satisfy my ocd, pinalloy paddle extensions and the car will be paying a visit to royal steering wheels for a retrim in two weeks time while I find a local place to undertake some interior retrim work. The wheels are in need of a refurb (3/4 anyway) previous owner has butchered them so a nice set of OZ’s will be ready for summer with some good rubber and I’ll be looking towards Bilstein for some coilover options at the same time.

Performance wise the end goal will be a big turbo build, I’ve hoarded a Racing line panel filter, Forge Motorsport turbo elbow and hard inlet pipe which will go on along with a Revo stage one map in the next few weeks (for now) as SCC are local to me and I’ve done a lot of work with them over the years which should hold me over for a couple of months while I stock pile parts for stage two+ as I’m planning to use MRC for my mapping along the way.

Hopefully a few of you are interested in this kind of thing, cheers.

Luke

0F2AA255 891A 4D60 8109 968F6B1B746F
78E10BE4 51F0 43A6 9172 0E965FBC4501
FE05FB86 E175 4E2A A4FE F8CFAAD205F1

Reactions: zippster, ZN7, Phil3 and 1 other person
Can't be many cars <£100k that can get to 60 so quick!

TX.

Reactions: zippster and Ludez
Looks stunning and look forward to reading your build as it goes along!

Just one thing though, secondary decat pipes...didn't think the FL had secondary cats?

Reactions: jaysrs4 and Ludez
You already know my thoughts on it mate :icon thumright: looking forward to all the progress pics and info... our RS’s were good, but how goods the RS3 right out the bag :racer:

Reactions: Ludez
Looks stunning and look forward to reading your build as it goes along!

Just one thing though, secondary decat pipes...didn't think the FL had secondary cats?

It doesn’t mate:icon thumright: just swapped out the Audi pipes for milltek branded ones, will be going milltek downpipe and my ocd during builds is out of control lol

Milltek downpipe is fine but I would avoid the backbox at all costs. Had issues days after fitting it and had to remove it from my car!

Milltek downpipe is fine but I would avoid the backbox at all costs. Had issues days after fitting it and had to remove it from my car!

Read your thread mate, don’t plan on touching the cat back for a while anyway. Much more important areas to focus on:icon thumright:

Reactions: billymc92
Really looking forward to following this build. Sounds awesome and I'm sure it'll serve to give me some inspiration/ideas

Unbelievable the performance of these cars right from factory... keep us posted mate!

So quick update;

I’ve managed to address a couple of things over the last week or so. Firstly private reg finally on the car which makes it feel like mine properly, secondly had a coding session with Alex @vagcarcoding which was a pleasure; highly recommend it if you haven’t already. After taking through what kinds of things were available, we scanned the car for faults and enabled a few functions and menu’s on the RS3:

Speed camera locations on maps

Enabled buttons with ignition on

Passenger mirror dip on reverse

Day time running lights off/on

5 flashes on soft indication

Visual comfort closing

Seat belt warning disabled

Wiper menu

The speed camera’s alone is worth the coding session, the mmi’s heads up makes a world of difference it’s a no brainier.

I also managed to get my standard (winter) wheels refurbed after the previous owner butchered them. I’ve never been a fan of the diamond cut style so opted to loose the face and go anthracite which to my eyes looks a lot better and blends in well with the Mythos black paintwork. Overall much happier with the look of the car now, feel like it’s dying out for a drop and some spacers which I’ll address in the near future.

Awaiting a few parts from Forge Motorsport which should be with me towards the end of the month then I’ll start working on the performance side of things.

ADEC109B AEB0 4057 B26F EECD9727F7B0
9D067A37 4A9A 44B6 89B3 FA351E5F18B7
94995322 9F28 4269 8FF8 122CA5CD6B12

Reactions: Carlos85, zippster, FBF01 and 1 other person
Small update; had my new steering wheel fitted its dark grey Alcantara 9002 with crescendo stitching and slightly (25%) thicker. Feels much better and lifts the whole cabin. I’ve also chosen a trimmer to undertake my interior retrim work after much searching.

42931BC9 0A7D 47AC 8D35 009B58F79CBB

96C8CEA0 B722 4069 9F75 456CBAAF7EC5
AA401241 79CC 46B3 83D7 BBDC54977C53

Reactions: Phil3
The paddles look great, do you have a link you could share for where to buy them from please? I've searched around but can't find that exact model anywhere.

Excellent, thank you. Just put an order in for a pair