1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dismiss Notice

Ludez’s Mythos Black Project

Ludez Jan 9, 2019

1. Ludez

Ludez New Member

Hi guys,

Figured I’d get a progress/project thread up as I tend to do with all my cars so I have somewhere to document the build and for anyone likeminded who may be interested.

Picked up my car a couple of days before Christmas after waiting patiently for a car close to my ideal new spec with ultra low mileage. Ended up sacrificing a few things I’d of wanted (Matrix + RS design) but the price was great.

Spec is:

(December 17) Sportback

Mythos Black

Gloss Black styling pack

Privacy glass

Upgraded wheels 8.5J fronts

Red calipers

RS sports exhaust

Supersports seats (red stitching)

Comfort and Sound Pack

Parking pack

Coming from a fairly well sorted MK3 RS Ford Focus and also owning a Litchfield LM20 GT-R this car will also be a project albeit one I see myself keeping a very very long time as it ticks all my boxes for a fast road daily. Got my dragy hooked up last night and did a few runs to get some baseline numbers for my own reference, will attach dragy slips below (don’t read too much into times literally first effort, will chip away and chase times once I’ve got the ball rolling properly don’t worry) was 2c ambient and damp - bone stock with awful PZeros.

0-60 - 3.55s

0-100 - 8.75s

60-100 - 4.93s

60-130 - 11.24s (did have a few invalid sub 11s)

1/4m - 11.85@114.7 (1.96% gradient)

Impressed with the performance of the car out of the box and will fully document and update as the project progresses.

Since taking delivery I’ve sorted out a few little bits i.e gloss black badges, front RS3 delete, carbon wing mirrors, Milltek secondary decat pipes to satisfy my ocd, pinalloy paddle extensions and the car will be paying a visit to royal steering wheels for a retrim in two weeks time while I find a local place to undertake some interior retrim work. The wheels are in need of a refurb (3/4 anyway) previous owner has butchered them so a nice set of OZ’s will be ready for summer with some good rubber and I’ll be looking towards Bilstein for some coilover options at the same time.

Performance wise the end goal will be a big turbo build, I’ve hoarded a Racing line panel filter, Forge Motorsport turbo elbow and hard inlet pipe which will go on along with a Revo stage one map in the next few weeks (for now) as SCC are local to me and I’ve done a lot of work with them over the years which should hold me over for a couple of months while I stock pile parts for stage two+ as I’m planning to use MRC for my mapping along the way.

Hopefully a few of you are interested in this kind of thing, cheers.

Luke

0F2AA255-891A-4D60-8109-968F6B1B746F.png 78E10BE4-51F0-43A6-9172-0E965FBC4501.png FE05FB86-E175-4E2A-A4FE-F8CFAAD205F1.jpeg

zippster, ZN7, Phil3 and 1 other person like this.
  2. Avatar

snack-media
    Advertisement

3. terminator x

terminator x Well-Known Member

Can't be many cars <£100k that can get to 60 so quick!

TX.

zippster and Ludez like this.
  4. D0C

D0C Well-Known Member Team Panther Team Nardo Audi RS3 TTRS

Looks stunning and look forward to reading your build as it goes along!

Just one thing though, secondary decat pipes...didn't think the FL had secondary cats?

jaysrs4 and Ludez like this.
  5. Phil3

Phil3 Well-Known Member Saloon Team Nardo Audi RS3

You already know my thoughts on it mate :icon thumright: looking forward to all the progress pics and info... our RS’s were good, but how goods the RS3 right out the bag :racer:

Ludez likes this.
  6. Ludez

Ludez New Member

It doesn’t mate:icon thumright: just swapped out the Audi pipes for milltek branded ones, will be going milltek downpipe and my ocd during builds is out of control lol

7. billymc92

billymc92 2018 Ara Blue Facelift RS3

Milltek downpipe is fine but I would avoid the backbox at all costs. Had issues days after fitting it and had to remove it from my car!

Ludez likes this.
  8. Ludez

Ludez New Member

Read your thread mate, don’t plan on touching the cat back for a while anyway. Much more important areas to focus on:icon thumright:

billymc92 likes this.
  9. ZN7

ZN7 Member Team Glacier Audi RS3

Really looking forward to following this build. Sounds awesome and I'm sure it'll serve to give me some inspiration/ideas

Ludez likes this.
  10. Callump01

Callump01 Well-Known Member Saloon Team Nardo Audi RS3 quattro

Unbelievable the performance of these cars right from factory... keep us posted mate!

Ludez likes this.
  11. Ludez

Ludez New Member

So quick update;

I’ve managed to address a couple of things over the last week or so. Firstly private reg finally on the car which makes it feel like mine properly, secondly had a coding session with Alex @vagcarcoding which was a pleasure; highly recommend it if you haven’t already. After taking through what kinds of things were available, we scanned the car for faults and enabled a few functions and menu’s on the RS3:

Speed camera locations on maps

Enabled buttons with ignition on

Passenger mirror dip on reverse

Day time running lights off/on

5 flashes on soft indication

Visual comfort closing

Seat belt warning disabled

Wiper menu

The speed camera’s alone is worth the coding session, the mmi’s heads up makes a world of difference it’s a no brainier.

I also managed to get my standard (winter) wheels refurbed after the previous owner butchered them. I’ve never been a fan of the diamond cut style so opted to loose the face and go anthracite which to my eyes looks a lot better and blends in well with the Mythos black paintwork. Overall much happier with the look of the car now, feel like it’s dying out for a drop and some spacers which I’ll address in the near future.

Awaiting a few parts from Forge Motorsport which should be with me towards the end of the month then I’ll start working on the performance side of things.

ADEC109B-AEB0-4057-B26F-EECD9727F7B0.jpeg 9D067A37-4A9A-44B6-89B3-FA351E5F18B7.jpeg 94995322-9F28-4269-8FF8-122CA5CD6B12.jpeg

12. Avatar

snack-media
    Advertisement

13. Ludez

Ludez New Member

3445D4BA-EA5C-4259-A7F1-930948357892.jpeg

Much better.

14. Ludez

Ludez New Member

Small update; had my new steering wheel fitted its dark grey Alcantara 9002 with crescendo stitching and slightly (25%) thicker. Feels much better and lifts the whole cabin. I’ve also chosen a trimmer to undertake my interior retrim work after much searching.

42931BC9-0A7D-47AC-8D35-009B58F79CBB.jpeg
    96C8CEA0-B722-4069-9F75-456CBAAF7EC5.jpeg AA401241-79CC-46B3-83D7-BBDC54977C53.jpeg

Phil3 likes this.
  15. cjm999

cjm999 2017 RS3, Ara Blue Sportback

The paddles look great, do you have a link you could share for where to buy them from please? I've searched around but can't find that exact model anywhere.

16. ZN7

ZN7 Member Team Glacier Audi RS3

17. cjm999

cjm999 2017 RS3, Ara Blue Sportback

Excellent, thank you. Just put an order in for a pair