1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Emilya1

Emilya1 New Member

Need some advice. I want to lower my a1 but dont know how low to go. Want it to look subtle. Cant help but think my car looks quite high on rear!! Thinking either Eibach or H&R.

Attached Files:

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Advertisement

3. Sandra

Sandra Administrator Staff Member Administrator TeamMisano TFSI Owners Group Audi S3 quattro Platinum Supporter S tronic Audi Main Dealer

Damian at dpm performance is your man to advise.

@DPM

DPM and Emilya1 like this.
  4. 45bvtc

45bvtc Well-Known Member Supporter Team Cornflower Blue Team Daytona Gold Supporter Team Sahara Silver Audi RS3 Audi TT Audi A1

On KW Street Comfort: OE 18" rims and 40 profile tyres - mega difference in ride, and handling just the same...

A1 on KW Street Comfort.JPG

5. 45bvtc

45bvtc Well-Known Member Supporter Team Cornflower Blue Team Daytona Gold Supporter Team Sahara Silver Audi RS3 Audi TT Audi A1

That's way oh way too high...

Mine on OEM - before the KW Street Comforts:

P1030554mod.jpg

6. Emilya1

Emilya1 New Member

Been looking at other s lines and they look lower .Yours looks good

45bvtc likes this.
  7. DPM

DPM Site Sponsor Site Sponsor

Wow, that looks very high at the rear!

Let me know if we can be any help with info or prices.

Damian @ DPM Performance

Emilya1 likes this.
  8. Emilya1

Emilya1 New Member

What would you suggest would be best? ?

9. DPM

DPM Site Sponsor Site Sponsor

Emilya1 likes this.
  10. Emilya1

Emilya1 New Member

So reading through older posts I am now thinking its not fitted with s line suspension

11. 45bvtc

Mines a Black Edition with S-Line plus...

A1 S Line.JPG

Emilya1 likes this.
  12. Avatar

Google AdSense Advertisement

13. 45bvtc

How old is your car, Emily? I've 2011, 2014, and 2016 Pricing and Specification Guide's; PM me with your email address if you'd like a copy of either. ASN won't allow me to send direct, ask Sandra...

Ok, a 4-door from the 2014 Guide but looks like your wheels (S-line on 17" wheels): see ride height front and rear:

Emily ride height.JPG

Sandra likes this.
  14. Emilya1

Emilya1 New Member

Mine is 2011. Will send my email to you now.

Sandra likes this.
  15. Sandra

Sandra Administrator Staff Member Administrator TeamMisano TFSI Owners Group Audi S3 quattro Platinum Supporter S tronic Audi Main Dealer

This is True. I can’t and won’t give out anyone’s email address. Hope you and Judith are well. :) x

45bvtc likes this.
  16. Emilya1

Emilya1 New Member

Tried to send but wont let me?!

17. 45bvtc

Me to you, PM sending....

18. 45bvtc

You should now have the 2011 Audi A1 Pricing and specification Guide...

Emilya1 likes this.
  19. Gm95

Gm95 Member Team Dolphin Grey TFSI Owners Group Audi A3 quattro Sportback Manual

Not sure if this will be the case but something to be aware of when lowering if you have auto-dipping headlights (No dial for dipped level and they move up and down when you first turn them on)

I've seen cars with these headlights throw a fit when the car lowered as they seem to loose some sort of reference point and spend all day going up and down. If this is the case for you, they'll need to be reset somewhere and that something you may need to take into your budget?

Just a warning in case you run into it further down the line.

45bvtc likes this.
  20. 45bvtc

Mine is OK, and with auto-lights and everything else. Made sure to 'lower' front and rear the same. Of greater concern was with the Milltek exhaust; fortunately that's supplied with a spacer plate to lower the headlamp-levelling module to accommodate the larger exhaust pipe; phew...

21. Emilya1

Emilya1 New Member

Thanks for the info . I dont have auto dipping headlights so that's one thing less to worry about . Hopefully going to purchase springs next week. Still a bit undecided which ones to go for.

45bvtc likes this.
  22. Nick185BE

Nick185BE New Member

H&R Give the best drop of 35mm. Eibach never drop the full advertised amount.

Here is mine on H&R springs:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Emilya1 and Sandra like this.
  23. Emilya1

Emilya1 New Member

I finally decided H&R 35mm. I am so happy with how it looks now. Top pic before bottom pic after.

Attached Files:

ChrisG. and Nick185BE like this.
  24. Nick185BE

Nick185BE New Member

Looking so MUCH better now.

Emilya1 likes this.