Lowering springs

Andros4

Reaction score
Hi people been thinking of lowering my s4. It’s bugging me it’s just a bit to high. Was wondering if anyone has done it and what springs they used.

And

Is it easy to do. Do u need anything other then springs to fit

My question is a bit different. Want to know if it’s easy to do.

If you’re going to use anything use Eibach springs. Just remember if you’re going lower than 30mm, you are going to alter your geometry. If you have the car with the lowered suspension which is 20mm drop found with b9’s that have a sport suspension.

So for eg if you have a sports suspension and buy the Eibach pro kit which is 30mm from a standard setup the overall drop will be 10mm because the sports suspension is already a 20mm drop.

Eibach also do a Sports line set of springs with a larger drop. I’m not sure what the drop is for the b9 but you can find out. From other cars it’s around 50mm +- with different drops front to back. Eg 40mm 50mm

This will inevitably harden your ride especially with 19” and the lower ride.

Reactions: V6_Man
If you’re going to use anything use Eibach springs. Just remember if you’re going lower than 30mm, you are going to alter your geometry. If you have the car with the lowered suspension which is 20mm drop found with b9’s that have a sport suspension.

So for eg if you have a sports suspension and buy the Eibach pro kit which is 30mm from a standard setup the overall drop will be 10mm because the sports suspension is already a 20mm drop.

Eibach also do a Sports line set of springs with a larger drop. I’m not sure what the drop is for the b9 but you can find out. From other cars it’s around 50mm +- with different drops front to back. Eg 40mm 50mm

This will inevitably harden your ride especially with 19” and the lower ride.
Been looking at raceline they lower car up to 25mm

Been looking at raceline they lower car up to 25mm

Is the brand called raceline? So they are quoted as 45mm? I assume your car has the sports suspension with a 20mm drop already. One thing I like about Eibach is they test their springs on the car and the quality of the springs. Cheap springs rust out with the salt we have. Next in line would be H&R.

In terms of installation, because the front setup is a multi-link system with infamously difficult-to-remove pinch bolts, it's not something that I'd want to do myself. The rears are significantly easier but you'll need a spring compressor for them unless you're taking a lot of the rear apart. Also as a result of the setup it's quite easy to alter the geometry by accident so I'd definitely recommend an alignment after fitting. :)

Reactions: WesT-gefül and SMI77
In terms of installation, because the front setup is a multi-link system with infamously difficult-to-remove pinch bolts, it's not something that I'd want to do myself. The rears are significantly easier but you'll need a spring compressor for them unless you're taking a lot of the rear apart. Also as a result of the setup it's quite easy to alter the geometry by accident so I'd definitely recommend an alignment after fitting. :)

Definitely what he said...

Reactions: WesT-gefül
Have both, with suspension set on comfort & all others on dynamic and find the ride actually better. That was P Zeros. Now on PS4S., but find those tyres firmer, but prepared to put up with that.

Can you remember the load rating of the two tyres? This could be the reason. I like higher loads that what the car specifies because it helps reduce the tyre deforming in corners which makes it feel firmer and more planted.