Lowering Springs

Timi8888

Reaction score
Hi all,

I’m looking to get my car lowered and want to see if anyone has pics of theirs lowered on standard 18inch wheels?

Also if you’re running Eibach or H&R and what the ride quality is like?

I have read the H&R Supersports are the lowest with a 30/35mm drop, but maybe too much bounce. The Eibach pro kit drops 20mm and is not too far from standard spring ride quality. Not sure if 20mm drop is enough so wanted to see some pics please!

Thanks.

Bump.

Any one got reviews on ride comfort of ANY lowering spring?

I just want a spring as low as possible without having the bouncy wavey feeling when going at higher speeds.

I will be changing my suspension again in the very near future.
I was on OE stuff on 17's, then went to 18's with a 26.5 " ground to fender gap.
Changed to Solo-Werks coilovers then changed to 19's. Gnd to fender is now 25.5" Approx a finger gap.
The coilovers are really comfy and at their price point real good value, but coil slap is bugging me at slow speeds, I installed them with new mounting gear when new, I also installed Tein spring silencers and the setup was silent as, but now 1 year later I am getting pings, clicks and squeaks, which can be cured by jacking up the car and just adjusting the springs in the pans, but the noises return after a few starts.
Anyway......I have now purchased a Bilstein / Eibach B12 Sportline setup which will hopefully get put on nextweek or so.
IMG 3029

IMG 6740

IMG 6021

Reactions: pburv and Timi8888
1876AC9A 5744 4AA2 B2F0 DFD35A67BF6F
48750B87 9749 4896 8E32 3902412DF096
421648E8 9CBC 4074 9D28 B8EFC7AFC10F
E220D935 250A 40FC BD83 A248CA35A030
I have eibach springs on mine ride is maybe 10% stuffer at most. None of my passengers have noticed but it’s corners much better
First one is oem
Second just after fitting
Third on aftermarket 18
Forth on Audi 19s

This is mine on H&R springs with 10mm spacers all round
18's
20171119 121942 3024x2268

19's
20170613 210635 3024x2268 2268x1701

The ride imo is better than oem, although I do have magride.
I also have a set of Eibach pro's in the garage that I never fitted

This is mine on H&R springs with 10mm spacers all round
18's
View attachment 145800
19's
View attachment 145801
The ride imo is better than oem, although I do have magride.
I also have a set of Eibach pro's in the garage that I never fitted

Are these H&R sports or super sports?

I have heard a lot of mixed reviews on these. Some say the ride is very wallowy and bouncy at high speeds?

Sorry, I've no idea on the version, afaik these were the only ones listed and they drop the car about 30mm, or 35mm in my case as I have magride.
I've not noticed any issues with the ride but like I say I have magride.
I've had H&R's on all my cars, the only one I had an issue with was my previous 8P S3 as I thought it settled a little too low and gave me issues with speed bumps. No issue on the 8V as it sits higher at the front

I have a set of eibach sportlines for sale.
Fronts never fitted.
Rears have covered 150 miles ish.

Reactions: Timi8888
How much you selling the Eibach Sportlines for?

Testing out an S3 with VWR springs on Sunday. Interested to see how low it make sure the car sit and if it has the wallowy feel to it.

How much you selling the Eibach Sportlines for?

Testing out an S3 with VWR springs on Sunday. Interested to see how low it make sure the car sit and if it has the wallowy feel to it.

What did you think of the vwr springs?

You can have them for £80 plus the postage if your not anywhere near me

What did you think of the vwr springs?
Very impressed with the VWR springs.

His first set VWR replaced free of charge as the front springs seemed as if they stayed under tension when compressed. Every now and then he would hear a twang as if the spring suddenly lost its compression.

But the replaced set he is very happy with. Cars sits nice and low. Stiffer but doesn’t bounce over small potholes and speedbumps like the standard springs do. Also no wallowy feel when going over dips in the road at fast speeds.

I'll check the model number when I get home, Its not as much as the sportline

I'll check the model number when I get home, Its not as much as the sportline

You said you’re selling sportlines, but then said the springs don’t go as low as sportlines? Lol

I think you'll find I said pro's!

Oh I see, two people selling Eibach springs lol, one sport lines and one pro kit.

Pro kit lowers by 10-15mm and the sport lines are 25-30mm I think.

Very impressed with the VWR springs.

His first set VWR replaced free of charge as the front springs seemed as if they stayed under tension when compressed. Every now and then he would hear a twang as if the spring suddenly lost its compression.

But the replaced set he is very happy with. Cars sits nice and low. Stiffer but doesn’t bounce over small potholes and speedbumps like the standard springs do. Also no wallowy feel when going over dips in the road at fast speeds.

That’s great! I might be going down this route, just hope they’re not too low for 19s!

It's a couple of mm higher now as my replacement springs were a new spec from vwr but the difference is negligible.

hey guys, iv got a 2014 184 quattro s line, i think it had SE suspension from factory, fitted eibach sportline springs, sits nice, handles really well and not too harsh a ride when in comfort mode.

however, when the front springs where fitted, the top strut mount was refitted but the spring wasn't under tension, and the strut had to be refitted to the car, lined up correctly and hub jacked up to get tension on spring. is this normal? mot pass or fail.

fitted lowering springs in the past but never has the spring not been under tension. thanks

That's not normal. @DJAlix had the similar issue with his lowering springs and yes it is an mot fail if your springs are not under tension with no weight on the wheels.

hmmmmm my mot is in 6 weeks, did DJAlix get a resolution to his problem?