Lowering springs

MaverickTDi

Reaction score
Evening chaps,

I'm thinking of fitting some lowering springs but not 100% sure which ones to go for? Given it's current ride height, I'm looking at dropping the front by 30mm and the rear by 20mm.

Can anyone recommend a decent set?

Car is '00 1.8 non-turbo fwd saloon.

Cheers.

Joms and fks are about £150 and they are coilovers not just springs meaning you can alter the height of them and not just a set height. Never failed on me and come with a long warranty. Only thing you get with the price is poor ride comfort but who cares ;)

Joms and fks are about £150 and they are coilovers not just springs meaning you can alter the height of them and not just a set height. Never failed on me and come with a long warranty. Only thing you get with the price is poor ride comfort but who cares ;)

Tbh I had a set of cheap coilovers on my old Corrado, fitted by previous owner, and they were awful! They give the right stance but day to day driving they were horrendous! Shattered my back but couldn't justify a decent set like KW variants.

Set height springs is my preferred option.

A car that works > Scene bollokcs.

Yeh those "LO" ones were what i got for mum n dads old car. They were pretty decent TBH. Made the car drive much nicer, werent too low and remained comfortable.

Reactions: MaverickTDi
How many miles have your current shocks covered?

Damian @ DPM Performance

Hi Damian,

In all honesty not a clue. Car has done 161k (I bought it with 156k) and it looks as though it's still on the original set of shocks and springs from factory.

Try motorsportworld.co.uk I bought some springs for under £100 for my 1.8SE

not a good one no,though with 18 inch wheels fitted it wasn't stupidly low
tony

actually ,look at the south west section,pics from meet 31/3/13.look for a video by scott d3,the blue a4 wearing 18 inch rs6's is mine
tony

not a good one no,though with 18 inch wheels fitted it wasn't stupidly low
tony

Ok, cheers mate. I've just picked up some TQS wheels today, when you say with your 18's fitted it didn't look stupidly low what was the gap between the tyre and arch roughly?

The TQS wheels are 17's so might have a bit more play?

can't remember now lol,it was a year ago I took the a4 off the road.Its sar in a barn ever since,tho will be getting crushed soon,along with my other a4.Prob best to look at the video and pic.
tony

loaded ok for me,when scott parks up,mines directly across the road from him,dark blue a4 saloon with grey rs6 wheels
tony

Am I being a total biff....?

The only thread I can see that is dated 31/03/2013 is this one;

2e9a17ad4deffa21cb9d33399d260e16.jpg

There's a vid link but it just buffers for ages and doesn't load?

W-S-M 31/03/2013:

Reactions: MaverickTDi
no I don't as they are still on the car.They are just plain black springs.
tony

Not sure about springs but I'm happy with H&R coilovers. They can be a bit hare though.

H&R are known to be pretty hard. I wouldnt use them on a road car.

Eibachs are OEM+, just be careful when ordering, as if its anything like the petrols, they often supply the wrong springs on quattro models.