Facelift Lowering springs on facelift S3, new top mounts required?

X99RMJ

Reaction score
Hello all!

Recently picked up my first Audi, an S3 2017 facelift, very happy with it so far and was wanting to lower it.

At the moment its on stock suspension, it does slightly creak front and rear when going over bumps, nothing too major or bad. But I was wanting to lower it on Racingline Springs 25mm, however I have read that a lot of the S3s require new top mounts when doing so as they are basically like chocolate.

Would anyone recommend changing them whilst im at it and if so would it worth buying the 'pro' top mounts for around £200 for rear and front, or would it be fine to just buy standard aftermarket ones instead such as bilstein, which would be around £100. Are the pro ones, actually much better and worth the extra £100?

I changed mine with genuine Audi ones when I installed my Kon struts and Eibach springs. Mileage was around 26k. The rears had already been replaced under warranty, so figured the fronts may not be far behind.

I dont know what 'pro' top mounts are, but genuine Audi ones will always be your best bet. Remember to get the mount AND the bearing.

Reactions: rashu786