Lowering Springs Advice

L1ARR

Reaction score
I have just bought a new set of wheels for the S3 and need to reduce the ride height as I feel like a RR Sport. Have been considering H&R and Eibach, the springs are only a short term solution as coils will be done next year.

Am unsure on a couple of points and would like to confirm the following:

Do you only get front springs with the Eibach's.
How bouncy are these spring kits as I have been reading several mixed reviews.
Do the H&R only come in a 25mm spring.
Do either of these give reverse rake.
Will the current clunky S3 suspension improve or will it be compromised. Will I also need to avoid every pot hole and bump.
Which would be a better buy in terms of stance and value for money.

Cheers in advance.

Last edited:
Eibachs for me, much better than the stock S Line springs. 50 f 40 r me thinks

nope, they do fronts and rears, fitted mine 24hrs after taking delivery of my car :salute:

dont waste your money get coilovers as you will never be satisfied!!

nope, they do fronts and rears, fitted mine 24hrs after taking delivery of my car :salute:

The OP has an S3 and Eibach only do the fronts as the std car sits too high at the front.

You are very likely to ruin the ride with coilovers so go with the Eibachs on the front and fit some spacers to fill the arches out. The ride is not compromised with the Eibachs (I have them on my car).

dont waste your money get coilovers as you will never be satisfied!!

The problem I have is that the coils I am getting will set me back well over £1k. Have just spent £2k on a set of BBS splits which need a rebuild + new tyres.

Another vote for Eibachs here and some pics of the difference:

BEFORE
after.jpg

AFTER
before.jpg

Bonus front wheel gap shot:
gap.jpg

Thanks Damian,

Do you get reverse rake effect with the H&R's?

Yep, a bit.

Also, I wouldn't drop an S3 using only H&R springs, you really need to think about shocks as well. The -25mm drop all round with H&Rs is a bit too much for the standard S3 shocks and the ride becomes quite bouncy etc.

Cheers Ads,

I have read that they can be bouncy and this was why I have been looking at Eibach as an alternative. These springs are an interim gap and coils will come next year.

Cheers Ads,

I have read that they can be bouncy and this was why I have been looking at Eibach as an alternative. These springs are an interim gap and coils will come next year.

How do the Eibachs run Acheron? The drop is deffo what I am after, the after shots were they taken once the springs bedded in?

H&Rs are good around town, sharpens things up, reduces roll and the ride isnt too crashy or hard neither.
On faster A roads the car can get bouncy however I was very happy with the overall results from this set up.

Just make sure you get the geometry checked as I was wrongly advised after having mine fitted, and although the car felt fine, I chewed through 2 front tyres in just a couple of months.

I paid £180 for my springs from Awesome as they had a special offer on at the time.

I might know someone who has a used set of H&Rs,...

Paul