lowering springs advice please!

Alex Ward

Reaction score
hey folks.
I've just ordered some new alloys and tyres for my 2009 B7 S-Line Final Edition cabby, now I'm thinking of lowering it. I want to reduce the gap between the tyre and the wheel arch. But I don't want to make the ride too hard or crashy. It's bad enough being an S-Line Cabriolet.
Has anyone lowered theirs and has anyone got any recommendations?? It seems H&R is a popular choice. So does Eibach but it looks like Eibach don't lower the car too much and people who have the Eibach lowering springs fitted seem disappointed.
After doing some research, it seems that anything below a 40/45mm drop on the S-Line won't make it look much different.
Thanks in advance
Alex.

Eibach isn't much lower over s-line but it is over stock.

If your worried about whether suspension will be low enough I'd go for coilovers.

How many miles have your current shocks covered?

Damian @ DPM Performance
Nearly 63,000 miles. I'm assuming they're the original shocks.
Don't really want to spend loads on a coilover kit. Want to give my car the low look without breaking the bank lol.

I am lowered on H&R, think they cost about £160 for the spring kit

Reactions: Alex Ward
IMG 4557

Reactions: Stanningtonglen and Alex Ward
Alex

2008 3.0 TDI Quattro cab
Standard 230bhp remap 285bhp
Looks lower as 10mm and 12mm spacers but the H&R lower it nice

This is a before and after of my S-Line on Eibach Sportlines after only one day.....

Front

5207fc040cc4e64080021caf67e0634e.jpg

And rear

74fe526172fd0016775bff386b3751d3.jpg

And after five days

88c4ef09a6c4e0980b444c879d800af7.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Reactions: craig20102010, DieselJake and Alex Ward
Alex, 19s arnt that bad, only going to a 35 profile
The BMW I have runs 265/30 on the rear which is stiff however springs are eibach which are softer and the whole ride is softer than the Audi

Alex, 19s arnt that bad, only going to a 35 profile
The BMW I have runs 265/30 on the rear which is stiff however springs are eibach which are softer and the whole ride is softer than the Audi
I wouldn't mind a softer ride. Not something I thought was possible when lowering. Would Eibach be a good choice then?

Not sure what they are like on Audi as only used on BMW
S-line is quite crashy, I don't think he H&R have made it any worse
I would ask eibach guys there thoughts

On the BMW the eibach were a better ride than the Msport suspension it replaced

I wouldn't mind a softer ride. Not something I thought was possible when lowering. Would Eibach be a good choice then?

I'm on 8.5j ET35 with 235/35/19's. The ride isn't much different to the standard S-Line wheel spring combo although I'm avoiding pot holes like the plague. I'm delighted with the Eibach Sportlines in both stance and ride quality.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I'm running 8.5j x19's on 235/35/19's on my TDI S-line Avant, with -45mm H&R springs on the standard shocks.
Whilst i agree that the standard S-line is a bit harsh for a standard car, i think that if anything the H&R gear has improved the ride slightly.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Yes I am currently and they are the originals
I will upgrade at a later stage to Bilsten B8s

Just ordered these...............
http://www.demon-tweeks.co.uk/perfo...n-lowering-spring-kit-suitable-for-oe-dampers
should lower my car by 30mm front and 20mm rear over the standard S-Line springs.
Ended up ringing and speaking to someone as ordering lowering springs for my '09 A4 Cabriolet on the tinternet proved a bit of mine field!!
£167 including vat and delivery.
Hopefully they won't be too crashy!!!!
Goodbye wheel arch gaps

Nearly 63,000 miles. I'm assuming they're the original shocks.
Don't really want to spend loads on a coilover kit. Want to give my car the low look without breaking the bank lol.

As long as the shocks are in good condition then yes springs may be the best option for you.

Let me know if we can be any help with info or prices.

Damian @ DPM Performance

Yes I am currently and they are the originals
I will upgrade at a later stage to Bilsten B8s

Don't you find the rear to be a bit bouncy at times? I ran the std shocks and thought they were a bit bouncy on the rear whilst I was waiting for my konis strt to turn up they improved it but can bounce slightly under certain condition. Wish I had the money at the time to get the blisteins.

Reactions: millsy4002
I don't find it too bad however when I fit the B8's it will probably show up more
I just need to find £540 and strip the suspension
It's going to be a few months as I need to throw £250 on the race car and the race bike needs a clutch

There's a set of Eibach springs for sale in the Classifieds for a B6/B7 although I haven't looked closely to see they are correct for your specific model.

I have H and R lowering springs on my S4 and the height looks great.