Lowering or Wheel Spacers or both?

All around? I’m surprised... thought you were happy with the 12 rears?

The more I looked at it the more they seemed to be a bit too proud especially at the front with 12s.
Went 8 all round just to keep the same relative set up between front and back.

That's it leaving it alone now !

Only other thing I might do one day is lower it. My local tuner quoted me £420 fully fitted for Eibach springs 20mm rear 25mm front which I think is quite reasonable....waiting to hear back on another thread on here about warranty parts affected by changing out the springs.

The more I looked at it the more they seemed to be a bit too proud especially at the front with 12s.

Only other thing I might do one day is lower it. My local tuner quoted me £420 fully fitted for Eibach springs 20mm rear 25mm front which I think is quite reasonable....waiting to hear back on another thread on here about warranty parts affected by changing out the springs.

Me too I’m waiting on a response from Audi

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: teslaboy

I’m happy with the 12 rear, the 8 on the front is pretty subtle really.

I’m really tempted by springs, waiting my response on the warranty info.

Just to be even more fussy... I’ve emailed the company to see if they can supply 10mm hub centric spacers to match the 12mm ones I’ve got for the rears... it’s only 2mm’s difference, but I think I’d be happier with them on the front :tearsofjoy: can only see what they come back with

Just to be even more fussy... I’ve emailed the company to see if they can supply 10mm hub centric spacers to match the 12mm ones I’ve got for the rears... it’s only 2mm’s difference, but I think I’d be happier with them on the front :tearsofjoy: can only see what they come back with

For those interested... no 10mm’s available from them! So it’s either 8mm or 12mm

8mm’s ordered for the front today :icon thumright:

Reactions: AudiNutta
Hi guys, can the you please tell me the H&R product Code for the 8mm spacers?

Which is the recomended bolt length? Do H&R sell them together with the spacers?

Amy trusty website/store to purchase them?

Many thanks!

Which is the recomended bolt length? Do H&R sell them together with the spacers?

Many thanks!

Not sure of the product code but I currently have 8mm h&r fitted all round and they come with appropriate length bolts if you request bolts from the supplier. I used CM wheels. Check their website out there's lots of options ...
http://www.cmwheels.com/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=1988

Many thanks!

Definitely go to CM Wheels, but email them!!

Email and says you are from Audi Sport Net for a discount and they can tell you what you need for sure.

Reactions: Phil3
Hi all, thanks for everyone's help and advice. I've decided on going for the MSS Street Kit rather than Track Kit. I'm of the understanding that the only difference between the Street and Track kit is the stiffness of the spring and not the amount the car is lowered, i.e both Track and Kit kits are the same in terms of how much a car is lowered.

Anyone know if this is the case please?

Track is lower than street. I’ve seen someone who has had both. That’s what I’m having fitted Friday.

Just dropped off my FL RS3 and its getting the Track Pack MSS Kit fitted today with it set to its lowest setting to start off prior to dialling it in maybe in the future.

This is just as it was fitted. It’s slightly lower now as it’s settled.

Attachments

• 1AD26890-E3D2-40FB-9BCE-74B42DA5C283.jpeg
    1AD26890-E3D2-40FB-9BCE-74B42DA5C283.jpeg
    856.8 KB · Views: 394
Reactions: oli356
Well booked in, yes I’m not fitting myself, for the spacers to be fitted a week on Friday. Been looking at the KW height adjustable spring system and the Emmanuel design springs. Hmmmmmm

Here is the RS3 with 25mm rear and 20mm front spacers. @Phil3

He has also gone with an Eibach spring setup, 20-25mm drop.

Keep in mind he does not have tyres with kerb protection which makes a HUGE difference.

d5d137bca3d5f3b148fb3050ebcf8902.jpg

669e3ab25475877be6738657a9761d1c.jpg
65c6535df8cf8f667f1777acfad7c1ae.jpg
dc9505a02267d112d12b0d61d0997055.jpg
1812243020bf61a65d8878d90877433f.jpg
16294a067d708952e7a1cc01bbf3116c.jpg
54cfd364c9ebfe32aff5e84141de3f1e.jpg

Does this ever scuff ? I had similar on my S3 and it scrubbed on everything

Sorry to revive the thread after so long, but I’m looking for a bit of advice. I want to add spacers to my pfl but not lower it as I have mag ride and I’m happy with how it sits. It just needs to have that desired effect by being slightly wider!
What would everyone advise would look the best and be the best on the roads (no rubbing or anything) I have the 235/35 on the rears and 255/30 on the fronts.

Cheers,
Sam.

Sorry to revive the thread after so long, but I’m looking for a bit of advice. I want to add spacers to my pfl but not lower it as I have mag ride and I’m happy with how it sits. It just needs to have that desired effect by being slightly wider!
What would everyone advise would look the best and be the best on the roads (no rubbing or anything) I have the 235/35 on the rears and 255/30 on the fronts.

Cheers,
Sam.

Lol I’m not being funny Sam but you already asked this on another thread.

They aren’t expensive so why not just order some and decide for yourself ?

I already told you I ran 8 front & back and I’m sure others have ran 12.5 front & 15 rear

2 choices I’d say.
Worst case scenario you can sell them on.

Lol I’m not being funny Sam but you already asked this on another thread.

They aren’t expensive so why not just order some and decide for yourself ?

I already told you I ran 8 front & back and I’m sure others have ran 12.5 front & 15 rear

2 choices I’d say.
Worst case scenario you can sell them on.

Well I would like a second opinion, thankyou.

Would like a few opinions on what would look the best on mag ride. Either 10mm all round or 12?

Why is the Mag ride mentioned ?

You do realise there’s a ton of posts that way pictures etc too.

Its to do with what looks best without the need to have to lower the car!? I wanted to know as I genuinely don’t know!? I just want a bit of advice thanks. The reason being I’m unsure with the tyre offset that these cars come with.

Its to do with what looks best without the need to have to lower the car!? I wanted to know as I genuinely don’t know!? I just want a bit of advice thanks. The reason being I’m unsure with the tyre offset that these cars come with.

Standard SB off set is

235 front & rear ET 49

255 front ET 53 and rear ET 49

Saloon

235 front & rear ET 42

255 front ET 46 and rear ET 42

Yeah a massive wind up

So in post #389 I clearly give all the tyre widths and their respective offsets.

To which you ask if you have the correct tyre sizes, I’m sorry but I cannot understand why you still ask if you have the correct widths.

It ain’t rocket science.

Don’t really know why I take the time to reply sometimes. Some members on this forum seem to take the ****.

Last edited by a moderator:
Mate, give it a rest .

It’s been a pleasure assisting such a charming ASN member, you are a credit to the forum.

Last edited by a moderator:
You haven’t assisted, you’ve just been sarcastic and very patronising, but thanks.

You asked in this thread i replied, don't see any patronising going on :readit: https://www.audi-sport.net/xf/threads/wheel-spacers.416493/

You asked on this thread which if you didn't notice is 10 pages long with members discussing spacers and it has pictures of members cars with spacers on, go look I'm not making this stuff up.........

You keep asking about Mag ride and spacers, it doesn't make a difference having mag ride or not, you haven't lowered the car as you said you were happy with the stance in your other thread.

You asked if the 255 and 235 tyres were correct,to which above i posted all the size combo's on the RS3 Sportback and Saloon, yet you still asked if you had the correct tyres on :blink: i couldn't make it any clearer to you could i really ??

If you think sarcasm is someone pointing out facts to you and trying to offer help then you mustn't understand what I'm typing in my replies.

As I've already said and other members above have shown, 8mm on the 255 front is probably about right, 12mm on the 235 front is about right and 12/15mm on the 235 rear is probably about right.

Would i go 12/15mm on the 255 front ? no personally because it's taking the wheel out too far and you are running the risk of increased road grit hitting your paintwork.......

And just in case you missed it

Rs3 8V has either 255 fronts and 235 rears or 235 square.

Mag ride fitted makes no difference to spacers on or off.:friends:

You folks running the 3s, please grow up!

Reactions: RGBARGEE and Bristle Hound
You asked in this thread i replied, don't see any patronising going on :readit: https://www.audi-sport.net/xf/threads/wheel-spacers.416493/

You asked on this thread which if you didn't notice is 10 pages long with members discussing spacers and it has pictures of members cars with spacers on, go look I'm not making this stuff up.........

You keep asking about Mag ride and spacers, it doesn't make a difference having mag ride or not, you haven't lowered the car as you said you were happy with the stance in your other thread.

You asked if the 255 and 235 tyres were correct,to which above i posted all the size combo's on the RS3 Sportback and Saloon, yet you still asked if you had the correct tyres on :blink: i couldn't make it any clearer to you could i really ??

If you think sarcasm is someone pointing out facts to you and trying to offer help then you mustn't understand what I'm typing in my replies.

As I've already said and other members above have shown, 8mm on the 255 front is probably about right, 12mm on the 235 front is about right and 12/15mm on the 235 rear is probably about right.

Would i go 12/15mm on the 255 front ? no personally because it's taking the wheel out too far and you are running the risk of increased road grit hitting your paintwork.......

And just in case you missed it

Rs3 8V has either 255 fronts and 235 rears or 235 square.

Mag ride fitted makes no difference to spacers on or off.:friends:
Okay, okay I appreciate that. I just wanted a specific and simplistic answer from a few people is all. So with my tyre set up would you say 10mm all round would be a good shout?