Lowering or Wheel Spacers or both?

I’ve just put my order in for 2x black 12mm spacers, black bolts and black lockers... they are £75 delivered with the forum discount

Will try the 12’s on one side of the car and that’ll help me decide if it’s 12’s all round... or to go with either 8mm fronts or 15mm rears

Reactions: AudiNutta
I’ve gone for 12mm fronts,15mm rears for my Saloon

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi AN, you sure those 8mm H&R spacers are hub-centric?

I've just been on their website and they state all spacers under 10mm are flat and not lipped....

Positive haha, they are hubcentric exactly the same as the Bimecc... I had doubts too until they arrived.

Positive haha, they are hubcentric exactly the same as the Bimecc... I had doubts too until they arrived.

Ok cheers AN that's good news.
The local tuner that fitted my 12mm's all round is convinced You can' get

Ok cheers AN that's good news.
The local tuner that fitted my 12mm's all round is convinced You can' get

I was very doubtful about them, but to my amazement they are as described and they fit real nice. I will see if I have some photos, which I can’t remember if I do.

EDIT: unfortunately no photos, can’t believe I missed that one haha.

I'll finish that post now!

Is convinced you can't get hub centric smaller than 10mm.

I'm changing my front 12s for 8s.
Had them on a while now and i think 8s will defo sit better on the front than the current 12s.

I'll finish that post now!

Is convinced you can't get hub centric smaller than 10mm.

I'm changing my front 12s for 8s.
Had them on a while now and i think 8s will defo sit better on the front than the current 12s.

I did wonder why it was cut short but made sense of it ;)

The 12mm just had that tiny bit too much poke for me on the front, there is too much tyre exposure on the lower wing/sill.

The 8 is spot on, keeps the kerb protection just abojt inside the arch.

CM Wheels ordered the Hubcentric 8’s direct from H&R and were posted to me directly from H&R.

The local tuner did also recommend not fitting flat spacers on the likes of the RS3 due to, in his words...
8mm flat would not support across the hub and all the weight of the car would be on the bolts, with the combined weight and power of the car he wouldnt recommend.
Fine by me I'll stick with hub centric then !

The local tuner did also recommend not fitting flat spacers on the likes of the RS3 due to, in his words...
8mm flat would not support across the hub and all the weight of the car would be on the bolts, with the combined weight and power of the car he wouldnt recommend.
Fine by me I'll stick with hub centric then !

They are definitely hubcentric which takes all of the issues out providing they are manufactured well.

Would the bigger spacers on the rear vs the front axle worsen the under steer? I guess so..

Reactions: Spaceman_RS3
Just got a quote for springs (Emmanuel designs) fitment and alignment 585 all in. Seem ok? He said H + R are ok, can supply them, but bottom end of the market

Greetings all, forgive me if it’s mentioned above already, could someone please comment on the below please? Thanks

1) I’ve come to the conclusion that H&Rs are going to give me the best drop/stance coupled with comfort. I have had H&Rs on my 8P S3 in the past so overall pleased with the results. Could someone kindly confirm the part number for the pre-facelift (2016) 8V RS3 that’s Mag Ride friendly?

2) Has anyone done the suspension re-calibration after changing their springs that’s been discussed?

3) Finally (and each to their own etc) are H&Rs a lowering spring that provides the lowest drop?

EMP Performance in St Albans will be doing the work as they have done all of my work in the past and the boss is a friend of mine.

Thanks in advance
Kirit

I’d go for MSS Track pack. These provide a lower stance with optimal ride quality.

Reactions: VAG_Club001
Or sports pack

Reactions: VAG_Club001
Greetings all, forgive me if it’s mentioned above already, could someone please comment on the below please? Thanks

1) I’ve come to the conclusion that H&Rs are going to give me the best drop/stance coupled with comfort. I have had H&Rs on my 8P S3 in the past so overall pleased with the results. Could someone kindly confirm the part number for the pre-facelift (2016) 8V RS3 that’s Mag Ride friendly?

2) Has anyone done the suspension re-calibration after changing their springs that’s been discussed?

3) Finally (and each to their own etc) are H&Rs a lowering spring that provides the lowest drop?

EMP Performance in St Albans will be doing the work as they have done all of my work in the past and the boss is a friend of mine.

Thanks in advance
Kirit

Go for MSS springs and get the mag ride recalibration from @DJAlix

Reactions: VAG_Club001 and Callum66
Managed to have a look at the rear of the car with 12mm spacers on this morning before the rain called stop to it all... here’s a photo of before and after...

B7D51C4E 0451 4320 981D BF5D6423D091

F440E9F4 4D2B 4283 B8AD 1B5A80EDAEFB

I think 12mm’s is a keeper for the rear... looks perfect, the alloy is flush with the arch but the tyre protrudes further out! I’ll have a look at the fronts when the weather clears up

Reactions: Tristan2 and FBF01
Managed to have a look at the rear of the car with 12mm spacers on this morning before the rain called stop to it all... here’s a photo of before and after...

View attachment 150047

View attachment 150048

I think 12mm’s is a keeper for the rear... looks perfect, the alloy is flush with the arch but the tyre protrudes further out! I’ll have a look at the fronts when the weather clears up

If you think the rears are perfect, 12mm fronts will be too much for you.

View attachment 150047

View attachment 150048

So do you think 12 up front and 15 on the rear will be too much?

So do you think 12 up front and 15 on the rear will be too much?

Hmm I think 15mm on the rear will be as far as you’d want to push it... but yea I think it’ll still look the business mate! It’s the protector lip on the tyre that makes it look like it’s sticking out a lot further than it actaully is

If you’ve got 15mm rear I think the 12mm’s as AN said, will match in well

Reactions: AudiNutta and FBF01
I've changed my 12s all round to 8s all round.
Much happier the 12s a bit too much for me.

Reactions: AudiNutta and Phil3
I am getting the MSS Track Pack fitted soon which provides approx. 40mm lowering on the RS3 (from what I have read).
Im guessing any type of spacing on standard staggered wheels (facelift) will require work on the arches. Can you confirm?

Thanks,

Chris.

I'm finding this a little confusing in two ways.

If the car will accept 12mm spacers on the rear without wheel arch alterations why will it not work with 255 tyres which are 10mm / side wider?

Is no-one concerned about the additional damage to the paintwork created by pushing the wheels out?

I did think of this, but surely it’s next to nothing?

I've never owned an Audi before, or fitted spacers, so I don't know for sure. What I do know is the my Impreza's were really prone to pebble dashing of the side skirts and leading edge of the rear wheel arch if there was any amount of tyre protrusion and no front mud flaps.

I've never owned an Audi before, or fitted spacers, so I don't know for sure. What I do know is the my Impreza's were really prone to pebble dashing of the side skirts and leading edge of the rear wheel arch if there was any amount of tyre protrusion and no front mud flaps.

It’s a good question and a scenario I was thinking of as I bolted them on.

The RS3 actually has a strip of PPF on the lower sills to protect them, which I was very surprised and impressed with.

It’s inevtiable that there will be more dirt thrown up the side of the car, but it would only impact in the same way it has before now just on a larger scale and touch wood the paint stands up to it.

Take your time :icon thumright:

Here you go a couple on the way to work, 8s all round...not the best shots
but you get the idea.

The rim protectors are now level with the bodywork front and back.
Any wider were a bit too hot rod for me.
Each to they own though.

20180305 073910 crop 512x604

20180305 073859 crop 756x670

Reactions: p@olo
Very kind. Thanks

Inviato dal mio iPhone utilizzando Tapatalk

Here you go a couple on the way to work, 8s all round...not the best shots
but you get the idea.

The rim protectors are now level with the bodywork front and back.
Any wider were a bit too hot rod for me.
Each to they own though.

View attachment 150133

View attachment 150136

All around? I’m surprised... thought you were happy with the 12 rears?