Lowering or Wheel Spacers or both?

Velcro solution is staying, it works.

Hex caps won’t fit on the lockers they supply as they are round, just a smaller diameter.

Ah so you’ve not looked for round locking caps? This Velcro sounds a bit of a pain in the *** lol, can try and see how I get on

Ah so you’ve not looked for round locking caps? This Velcro sounds a bit of a pain in the *** lol, can try and see how I get on

The standard ones are round. No point in me looking for a new type, it would have to be a lot smaller to fit. Easier to use the Velcro as padding on one cap and be done with it.

Reactions: FBF01
Bimecc must sell caps for their round lockers.
I will get in touch and see what they have to say.....

Right, I just called their UK sales office in Watford and the answer is NO.
Quite strange, the guy said they only do (as you can find on various websites) standard caps for their hex headed bolts. No caps for their round headed lockers.
Anyway I've got my 4x original Audi black caps back on each wheel.
Which means the remaining 4x Audi caps for lockers might have go thru the Audinutta modifiation process.....

@AudiNutta what did you do again..
.I note the Velcro on the inside of the OEM cap but how did you fit the otherwise of the Velcro to the locker ??

Quite strange, the guy said they only do (as you can find on various websites) standard caps for their hex headed bolts. No caps for their round headed lockers.
Which means the remaining 4x Audi caps for lockers might have go thru the Audinutta modifiation process.....

.I note the Velcro on the inside of the OEM cap but how did you fit the otherwise of the Velcro to the locker ??

That's otherside.
Dam predictive texting !!!

I didn’t put any Velcro on the locking nut. The reason I used velcro was simply because that’s the self-adhesive thing I had to hand :lmfao:

You could buy self adhesive rubber off of eBay and do the same thing, which I might do down the line. The velcro is stuck inside the cap simply to provide packing to make the fit tighter.

I didn’t put any Velcro on the locking nut. The reason I used velcro was simply because that’s the self-adhesive thing I had to hand :lmfao:

You could buy self adhesive rubber off of eBay and do the same thing, which I might do down the line. The velcro is stuck inside the cap simply to provide packing to make the fit tighter.

Ok and understood.
Cheers AN.

Reactions: AudiNutta

Hmmmmm, they sent me this...”Just to confirm, is it the bolt covers that you require? If so, what colour do you require these in?”

Right so I’ve had a change of heart on what colour discs to have, so I don’t need the silver spacers. They are Brand new, never left the box and the equivalent brand new bolts too. What you will get is:

- 2x 12mm Silver Bimecc Spacers
- 8x 40mm Silver Hex Bolts
- 1x Pack of 4x 40mm Locking Bolts

Going rate with forum discount is £72, I will sell for £60 delivered. Please act quick or I will send them back to the company, I would just rather not mess them around.

“1 x pack of black bolt covers will be £10 delivered”

“Yes, these fit perfectly over the Bimecc bolts, as the covers are also produced by Bimecc.

However, as the lock bolt heads are a different size than the bolts, the covers will not fit over these.

There are 20 x bolt covers in a pack.

If you have any further questions, please don't hesitate to ask.“

The Audinutta way it is then

The standard ones are round. No point in me looking for a new type, it would have to be a lot smaller to fit. Easier to use the Velcro as padding on one cap and be done with it.

Just received this....so how do yours work?

“We have just tried to fit one of the bolt covers over a lock bolt, and we can confirm that it 100% will not fit as the cover cracked with the efforts of trying to force it on. We apologies that we can't help any further with this.”

If that’s the case think il just return them

Just received this....so how do yours work?

“We have just tried to fit one of the bolt covers over a lock bolt, and we can confirm that it 100% will not fit as the cover cracked with the efforts of trying to force it on. We apologies that we can't help any further with this.”

If that’s the case think il just return them

The standard Audi hex shape caps fit over the new extended hex bolts no issue. The issue is the lock bolt because it’s got a small head. Pack the head out with Velcro or another self adhesive solution like I did to reduce the opening and push on.. sorted. The Audi locking caps are really big because the heads on the lockers are large.

The standard Audi hex shape caps fit over the new extended hex bolts no issue. The issue is the lock bolt because it’s got a small head. Pack the head out with Velcro or another self adhesive solution like I did to reduce the opening and push on.. sorted. The Audi locking caps are really big because the heads on the lockers are large.

Hmmmmm ok. Just unsure if it’s worth all this hassle and the caps are ok. As once you for you can’t return.

Hmmmmm ok. Just unsure if it’s worth all this hassle and the caps are ok. As once you for you can’t return.

I used the original Audi caps to go over the new Bimecc wheel nuts.
As Audinutta states they fit fine.
It's just the bimeec locking bolts that the original audi caps dont fit on.
I will mod my existing four Audi locking caps to fit the new lockers at weekend. Try blutack that will probably work. Although not sure how the freezing temps will affect blutack!

I used the original Audi caps to go over the new Bimecc wheel nuts.
As Audinutta states they fit fine.
It's just the bimeec locking bolts that the original audi caps dont fit on.
I will mod my existing four Audi locking caps to fit the new lockers at weekend. Try blutack that will probably work. Although not sure how the freezing temps will affect blutack!

There’s 5 bolts altogether, one being the locking bolt, and it’s just that one locking bolt that you need to sort the cap for or all 5? Just to clarify. Doesn’t help I haven’t mine on yet

There’s 5 bolts altogether, one being the locking bolt, and it’s just that one locking bolt that you need to sort the cap for or all 5? Just to clarify. Doesn’t help I haven’t mine on yet

You’re even confusing me! What is there to be returned? You use ALL of your original Audi caps, just pack out the locking bolt cap.

cffbb12f7398ba4f25f8e35b5d7375a7.jpg
73bef12efd1c2084c992bc27be52f071.jpg

60acae16f489a574c7b097cb468fb96d.jpg

So very nervously I went for Matt Black with a tint of Graphite, looks great! Can’t wait to see them on the car tomorrow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: billymc92, FBF01 and Phil3
The car looks perfect with 12mm rear and 8mm front, very happy now.

fab16118bc02ed35b74e5bc568e9dcf7.jpg

bf43c9043010a0c0bc410558ff57ed66.jpg
8e28c8acef093f3b80103e9967762d22.jpg
615cf1d15b47bcbfd37f7d06f662812e.jpg
61eafef92f8e9006a4db4a39a4361e1e.jpg
1315d7427a7f8e87c5f98fb89ebcc938.jpg

Reactions: FBF01, D0C, Tristan2 and 1 other person
Further update!!

There is a forum discount. Email them directly at the email address below to get the discounted price, I’m in work now so can’t work it out with my two deliveries complicating things.

I paid £133 delivered for spacers, £15 delivered for lockers and I’ve just had a £15 refund for being on the forum.

sales.cmwheels@gmail.com
I emailed these guys last Friday,still no response as yet,just sent them another email

I emailed these guys last Friday,still no response as yet,just sent them another email

That’s odd they are normally fast, but I think it takes them a while to catch up after the weekend and didn’t reply to one of mine until 4pm on a Monday.

Reactions: Tristan2
My order will be going in on Thursday for the spacers... just been sent a load of photos from my dealer of the car in their garage... the 1st of March seems so long away haha

My order will be going in on Thursday for the spacers... just been sent a load of photos from my dealer of the car in their garage... the 1st of March seems so long away haha

What sizes are you going for?
Saloon or hatchback?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What sizes are you going for?
Saloon or hatchback?

Saloon... I’m really in two minds, I think I’m going to order a pair of 12mm ones and try them on the same side... so I can then work out if I want 15’s for the back/8’s on the front/or if 12’s all round work

Saloon... I’m really in two minds, I think I’m going to order a pair of 12mm ones and try them on the same side... so I can then work out if I want 15’s for the back/8’s on the front/or if 12’s all round work
I’m thinking 12+15 or 12 +20

12 and 15 for me, from looking at photos above, that’s perfect for me. Personally 20 will be too much.

Raging I’ve not been sent a photo of my car lol

Reactions: Phil3
Still no response from the email link,anybody else getting a response or is it just me?

Guys last chance, I’ve got a pair of silver 12mm spacers complete with brand new locking bolts and extended wheel bolts.

The going forum rate is £72, I can get them delivered to you for £55. If I don’t have any bites by the end of today they are being sent back.

12 and 15 for me, from looking at photos above, that’s perfect for me. Personally 20 will be too much.

Raging I’ve not been sent a photo of my car lol

I’ve got some 12’s for you at a reduced price :p

Guys last chance, I’ve got a pair of silver 12mm spacers complete with brand new locking bolts and extended wheel bolts.

The going forum rate is £72, I can get them delivered to you for £55. If I don’t have any bites by the end of today they are being sent back.
I would have had these mate,but I’m after black ones

I would have had these mate,but I’m after black ones

+1 same here

I bought them to replace my black ones because my discs were getting painted silver to match, but I since decided to have them painted black :( So annoying haha!

The black ones are slightly more CM Wheels said to me, it’s the silver that are £72 with all bolts delivered.. they didn’t say what the black was.

Nope I’m looking at the company CM Wheels.

They have confirmed the 8mm spacers are hubcentric. They have sent the following price lists which should help the majority of us here.

Please let me know if anybody is likely to be interested in the H&R 8mm spacers, so they can prepare.

Their response below.......

“Prices for forum members are as follows:

H&R packages:

2 x 8mm H&R spacers with 10 x Bolts - £80.00 delivered
2 x 8mm H&R spacers with 8 x bolts & 1 x lock set - £87.00 delivered
4 x 8mm H&R spacers with 20 x bolts - £140.00 delivered
4 x 8mm H&R spacers with 16 x bolts & 1 lock set - £145 delivered

Combination packages of H&R / Bimecc spacers:

2 x 8mm H&R spacers + 2 x Bimecc spacers (available in 12mm, 15mm, 20mm, 25mm) with 20 x bolts - £130.00 delivered
2 x 8mm H&R spacers + 2 x Bimecc spacers with 16 x bolts & 1 x lock set - £135 delivered.

The combination package prices are based on silver spacers, the black Bimecc spacers are slightly more expensive than the silver ones.

Bolts & lock bolts are available in either silver or black.”

Hi AN, you sure those 8mm H&R spacers are hub-centric?

I've just been on their website and they state all spacers under 10mm are flat and not lipped....