Lowering or Wheel Spacers or both?

My 12s on the front look good but I might see if I can change to 8 or 6.
The front IMO defo needs to be spaced out. Just a bit worried about the wheel centering with non hub centrics.

The bolts should always pull it central, plus if you went for 5mm for example you’d still just about get the wheel on the hub centre.

Reactions: AudiNutta
@AudiNutta Awesome mate, a credit to the forum, thanks for all the photos

I think I’ve decided, and I’m sticking to the idea of 12mm front and 15mm rear

So, give it a week or two and I’ll get them ordered... then another week or two and the car will be here to fit them haha

Reactions: AudiNutta
It does look very meaty, has added a lot.

I’m definitely not going for 12, when I saw it I was trying to persuade myself and it shouldn’t be like that.. should fall for it. I will get some 8mm I think and try that, hopefully that will do the trick and keep the kerb protection inside the arch.

Behold my locking bolt cap genius....

6fbdfa236c130230970399f52fda9d91.jpg
67fd0c8a0e22bdfe018ec932dce7a193.jpg

Lol self praise is no praise my good man ha, but it’s inoresisve, granted ha. So that’s just Velcro in the original Audi caps?

Here is the RS3 with 25mm rear and 20mm front spacers. @Phil3

He has also gone with an Eibach spring setup, 20-25mm drop.

Keep in mind he does not have tyres with kerb protection which makes a HUGE difference.

d5d137bca3d5f3b148fb3050ebcf8902.jpg

669e3ab25475877be6738657a9761d1c.jpg
65c6535df8cf8f667f1777acfad7c1ae.jpg
dc9505a02267d112d12b0d61d0997055.jpg
1812243020bf61a65d8878d90877433f.jpg
16294a067d708952e7a1cc01bbf3116c.jpg
54cfd364c9ebfe32aff5e84141de3f1e.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If that’s 20 and 25 then 12 and 15 is going to be spot on IMO :)

@AudiNutta Awesome mate, a credit to the forum, thanks for all the photos

I think I’ve decided, and I’m sticking to the idea of 12mm front and 15mm rear

So, give it a week or two and I’ll get them ordered... then another week or two and the car will be here to fit them haha

Good man...stay strong lol. 12 and 15 will look superb! Il look to get mine fitted by the 3rd of March

Reactions: Phil3
Good man...stay strong lol. 12 and 15 will look superb! Il look to get mine fitted by the 3rd of March

As long as the weather stays fair that day, I’ll be looking at changing the badges to black and fitting the spacers as soon as mines home on the 1st of March haha

As long as the weather stays fair that day, I’ll be looking at changing the badges to black and fitting the spacers as soon as mines home on the 1st of March haha

Lol not hanging about! You bought black badges?

I was quoted 120 to have them all wrapped. Audi badges and RS3 badges. Seems bit OTT

Lol not hanging about! You bought black badges?

I was quoted 120 to have them all wrapped. Audi badges and RS3 badges. Seems bit OTT

Yep I’ve got the badges here ready and waiting... I’ve had them since before Christmas haha

Yea that’s a bit much, although I suppose they’ll be real fiddle to do... I paid about £35 ish I think it was for the two Audi badges and the rear RS3

Yep I’ve got the badges here ready and waiting... I’ve had them since before Christmas haha

Yea that’s a bit much, although I suppose they’ll be real fiddle to do... I paid about £35 ish I think it was for the two Audi badges and the rear RS3

Lol, got a link to them on eBay or whatever?

Lol, got a link to them on eBay or whatever?

They were from a fella/business on Instagram called “@fresh_mods_uk” they sell all sorts for most Audi’s

Reactions: FBF01
They were from a fella/business on Instagram called “@fresh_mods_uk” they sell all sorts for most Audi’s

Just houned insta only to order these ha. Messaging him at the moment. Hope to have an order in tomorrow. 37 quid I think he said

Just houned insta only to order these ha. Messaging him at the moment. Hope to have an order in tomorrow. 37 quid I think he said

haha nice work mate... they all come boxed and wrapped up and seem top quality... can’t fault their service

Very nice AN, love it. After seeing your pics and 12mm on the rear I'm pretty keen to do this myself.

Just completed some research on the legality of these in NZ -- maximum spacer width is 20mm, and ALL spacers need to be certified upon installation to be legal in NZ. Nothing like this is required in the UK?

haha nice work mate... they all come boxed and wrapped up and seem top quality... can’t fault their service

That’s good then! Seem to have quite the following

lol so much for not really wanting to mod this car....been looking at lowering springs for most of the evening :glee:

Just completed some research on the legality of these in NZ -- maximum spacer width is 20mm, and ALL spacers need to be certified upon installation to be legal in NZ. Nothing like this is required in the UK?

No certification as such required here in the UK but we do need to inform our insurers.

Very nice AN, love it. After seeing your pics and 12mm on the rear I'm pretty keen to do this myself.

Be sure to use the details posted earlier in this thread and email them for forum discount, great company.

I think I’m opting for 12mm fronts 15 or 20 mm rear
What details do I need to get the discount?

Yeah the more I look atvrge 12s I have on the front I think they'r spot on.
The tyre edge is just in the arch when viewed straight on its just those dam rim protectors that stand out. Same on the rears.
I measure up with a tape measure and ruler later when back from work trouble is it's usually dark.
Any of you FL sportback owners with NO spacers fitted fancy measuring your front and rears from tyre edge to wheel arch.....?

I think I’m opting for 12mm fronts 15 or 20 mm rear
What details do I need to get the discount?

Couple of pages back I posted an email address, contact the company and say which forum you are from.

Reactions: Tristan2
Which colour have you guys gone for silver or black?
My wheels are blade design with gloss black inners

Last edited by a moderator:
Have you gone for black ones? and black bolts/lockers?

Gone for silver with black bolts given I have the black wheels. The hubs themselves will be silver I suspect, so against a black spacer it would look a bit odd and stand out. Will see when the car arrives, but think I’ve made the right call.

Gone for silver with black bolts given I have the black wheels. The hubs themselves will be silver I suspect, so against a black spacer it would look a bit odd and stand out. Will see when the car arrives, but think I’ve made the right call.

Ohh you’re maybe right there... I was thinking about just getting everything black, but sliver spacers could be the ones

Reactions: FBF01

B*llocks, typical.. now I’ve ordered I’m hearing of black bolts, silver spacers.. damn. I have black spacers and my wheels are grey and my hubs silver, ****** hell

B*llocks, typical.. now I’ve ordered I’m hearing of black bolts, silver spacers.. damn. I have black spacers and my wheels are grey and my hubs silver, ****** hell

Least your bolts are sorted with the covers on... just whack the spray paint out and get the spacers done black hahah

Least your bolts are sorted with the covers on... just whack the spray paint out and get the spacers done black hahah

Silver you mean :p

Id be better off buying silver. I could get them painted when my discs are painted next week, but it won’t be that straight forward with thickness etc so will just leave it as it is.

Silver you mean :p

Id be better off buying silver. I could get them painted when my discs are painted next week, but it won’t be that straight forward with thickness etc so will just leave it as it is.
Can you even notice if not up close? Can you take a photo?

I didn't realise you could get silver Bimecc spacers.
Not to worry you can't see the dam things unless you're right up real dam close bent down knowing what your looking for.
Nothing to worry about guys.
More worry is with the OEM hubs when they go rusty !!