Lowering or Wheel Spacers or both?

Are yous not blowing this bolts/caps thing a bit out of proportion? Surely if you have black bolts and lockers it will look totally fine

Not really, it wouldn’t look very good and the bolts will only be anodised, one pass with a loose socket and they will be black no more. Oversight by Bimecc!!

I just done some speed reading through this thread, but I think @AudiNutta you are getting spacers and the security bolt is causing you an issue with the caps? If so then don’t put them on, which I think is something you are considering. Your car looks great, and it’ll look crap if you have OEM wheels without the OEM caps fitted.

I'll be putting my OEM black caps ×4 back on my new black Bimecc bolts as soon as I'm home. As for the round Bimecc locking nut I'll either leave it or find a round cap to fit.
@AudiNutta your giving me the fear!!!

I just done some speed reading through this thread, but I think @AudiNutta you are getting spacers and the security bolt is causing you an issue with the caps? If so then don’t put them on, which I think is something you are considering. Your car looks great, and it’ll look **** if you have OEM wheels without the OEM caps fitted.

I just don’t like the wheels without the caps haha, plus at the moment I have chrome wheel bolts against grey wheels.

I'll be putting my OEM black caps ×4 back on my new black Bimecc bolts as soon as I'm home. As for the round Bimecc locking nut I'll either leave it or find a round cap to fit.
@AudiNutta your giving me the fear!!!

I’m going to see if I can modify one, I think I’ve got a few spares in grey and if I can get it to work then I will go buy some more black on Monday from Audi. If I can cover all, I will fit the spacers today.

I’m going to see if I can modify one, I think I’ve got a few spares in grey and if I can get it to work then I will go buy some more black on Monday from Audi. If I can cover all, I will fit the spacers today.

AN, do the OEM caps not fit on the Bimecc nuts ? I've not tried yet.
I assume it's just the new locking round nut that's the issue?

AN, do the OEM caps not fit on the Bimecc nuts ? I've not tried yet.
I assume it's just the new locking round nut that's the issue?

Standard hex caps fit really really well, better than the stock heads tbh. The locker is the issue.

Right, so I’ve fitted them. But only on the rear, I tried the front and it was just too much for me.. I find the front has enough poke, you can see enough tyre looking from the rear down the side of the car as it is.

With the rear, the tyre is still in the arch except for the kerb protection, which might be 1/2mm protruding? On the front, the tyre clearly protrudes from the arch. I was on the fence with it anyway, just my opinion.

The rears look amazing, really do. Eliminated the ‘squashed’ look of the back of the car due to the lack of flared arches. Very happy, pictures will follow either tonight or tomorrow but I have to edit my plate out and my Mrs’ doesn’t like my forum habits returning.

The locker cap, I’ve been clever and taken the soft side of self-adhesive Velcro, cut to side and filled the inside of the locking wheel nut cap, slightly overlapping itself. I will post photos of this too. It works a treat, not as snug as I’d like but I think it will be okay, however I will still get a spare set of caps from Audi on Monday... can never be a bad thing.

Reactions: FBF01
Standard hex caps fit really really well, better than the stock heads tbh. The locker is the issue.

Right, so I’ve fitted them. But only on the rear, I tried the front and it was just too much for me.. I find the front has enough poke, you can see enough tyre looking from the rear down the side of the car as it is.

With the rear, the tyre is still in the arch except for the kerb protection, which might be 1/2mm protruding? On the front, the tyre clearly protrudes from the arch. I was on the fence with it anyway, just my opinion.

The rears look amazing, really do. Eliminated the ‘squashed’ look of the back of the car due to the lack of flared arches. Very happy, pictures will follow either tonight or tomorrow but I have to edit my plate out and my Mrs’ doesn’t like my forum habits returning.

The locker cap, I’ve been clever and taken the soft side of self-adhesive Velcro, cut to side and filled the inside of the locking wheel nut cap, slightly overlapping itself. I will post photos of this too. It works a treat, not as snug as I’d like but I think it will be okay, however I will still get a spare set of caps from Audi on Monday... can never be a bad thing.

Yep my missus thinks I'm a weirdo with my forum fixation! Lol.

@AudiNutta Come on mate where’s the photos :tearsofjoy: forget about the missus :seenoevil:

Reactions: Tristan2
Forget the whole car... clean the arches and alloys and that do haha

I’ve ended up cleaning a Corsa and an A4 first, onto the RS3 now... pictures be coming tonight.......

Reactions: Phil3, FBF01 and Tristan2
I’ve ended up cleaning a Corsa and an A4 first, onto the RS3 now... pictures be coming tonight.......

haha no probs mate... look forward to having a good look at them

Are you pleased with the result mate?

Yes over the moon!

The difference is huge, you can see it on photos but not massively. I’m walking around the car now and it looks so much chunkier on the rear.. it’s epic. I still stand by my decision on the fronts being left as is, but I think they would benefit from 5mm spacing.

Fingers crossed now providing I get good feedback from a mate who had just gone and got Eibach springs, I will be going for that next which will just top it off for me.

Reactions: FBF01
Yes over the moon!

The difference is huge, you can see it on photos but not massively. I’m walking around the car now and it looks so much chunkier on the rear.. it’s epic. I still stand by my decision on the fronts being left as is, but I think they would benefit from 5mm spacing.

Fingers crossed now providing I get good feedback from a mate who had just gone and got Eibach springs, I will be going for that next which will just top it off for me.
I'm sure it looks great and I'll look forward to seeing the photos. However, surely by not spacing the fronts you'll be massively affecting the handling balance of the car?

Yes over the moon!

So you’ve got 12 or 15mm on the rear?
What insurance company do you use that’s mod friendly?

Yes over the moon!

Awesome! Now to refresh this thread every 5 minutes waiting on the photos! 12/15 on the rear will look tremendous I bet. You’ve got me worried 12 will be too much up front....but time will tell

Awesome! Now to refresh this thread every 5 minutes waiting on the photos! 12/15 on the rear will look tremendous I bet. You’ve got me worried 12 will be too much up front....but time will tell

I’m firmly in the 12 front 15 rear camp still... the photos may change that, although I’m still going off the photos earlier on in the thread and 12 up front looks just right

Reactions: AudiNutta and FBF01
So, here are the photos. Apologies for it being picture heavy, but I’ve included some general photos too. The picture collages are before and after from very similar angles. You asked for photos....... ;)

To clarify, here I have 12mm rear spacers and NO spacers on the front.

049767a534763fc5f797e065f5fc7fde.jpg
88634d31de04a5ab208958a1890d9898.jpg
26f2d442c5e1d25683f411ea473b7acd.jpg
b0dc780376fd940cd26b1a9bdd495ed9.jpg
a154782bd51ffc5f1c1bfa17bcf4d168.jpg
0f96e499e775119852c301f1ee61bf2c.jpg
5f02c9094ce4a6992cdbbc1d860fce31.jpg
049d3435c68a1aa8294b44bdb075e428.jpg
d72c40fab49853c71175c7db5ed2367b.jpg
da3404c18dc0d49a0a61eef9b2770e7a.jpg
49bd3521a36d12350a0631b605484895.jpg
64866292626296283a0cc31436588c81.jpg
0a33cf9da0a0310d784e5e7ea1dbf9fb.jpg
b1a1d1dd11bb6237e47b29e345e5e53d.jpg

83b1152cdec83b782e77e893b8ab7dcd.jpg

13ce88efc5925a74403b11577c8e4c82.jpg

ce6b9cace8b1ee3e0cf2097d10626106.jpg

2ed760c574581549889475dd898037bb.jpg

P.S. I F*@!ING LOVE THIS THING! :hubbahubba:

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Reactions: Rayner_1704, RSTHRILLER, Tristan2 and 2 others
I'm sure it looks great and I'll look forward to seeing the photos. However, surely by not spacing the fronts you'll be massively affecting the handling balance of the car?

I did think that, but it’s just like staggering the wheels... will just give the rear axel a little more bias but let’s face it, you’d have to be ON IT to tell a handling change.

Ha ha you loved the S3 too though, couldn't be bettered didn't you say ;)

TX.

Sent from my BBB100-2 using Tapatalk

Reactions: AudiNutta
So you’ve got 12 or 15mm on the rear?
What insurance company do you use that’s mod friendly?

12mm on the rear, nothing on the front at the moment because I didn’t lie 12mm on the front.

I am with Elephant, they aren’t mod friendly and I’m not sure whether to bother with spacers or not? Hardly a mod? I’m sure the difference would be little to none.

Awesome mate! 12mm’s looks perfect on the rear, come out perfect with the arches!

I really can’t decide now what to go for... I think the fronts still need done, but looks like 12mm’s will be just too much

A complete contrasts to the photos earlier in the thread as their rears don’t seem to stick out as far as yours and you both have the same parts fitted!?

Reactions: FBF01 and AudiNutta

Compare my front to the rear in some of the photos, they line up now.. remember the front axel is wider than the rear anyway and with the flared arches.

However, I am thinking of putting either 5/8mm spacers on the front, but they wouldn’t be hubcentric.. can get 5x112 8mm spacers on eBay for £25.99 posted. Opinions?

Ha ha you loved the S3 too though, couldn't be bettered didn't you say ;)

TX.

Sent from my BBB100-2 using Tapatalk

Trying to forget about the S3, still got a soft spot for the Nano Grey ninja despite the blue dream.

Reactions: Terminator x
Awesome mate! 12mm’s looks perfect on the rear, come out perfect with the arches!

I really can’t decide now what to go for... I think the fronts still need done, but looks like 12mm’s will be just too much

A complete contrasts to the photos earlier in the thread as their rears don’t seem to stick out as far as yours and you both have the same parts fitted!?

It is spot on, the difference is actually quite large and I’m happy. My mate has just gone for 25mm spacers on the rear and 20mm fronts, that’s excessive to another level.

See one of my above posts about considering either 5/8mm spacers for the front> but wouldn’t be hubcentric, would just be an all plate?

Identical parts, I think it’s all about angles and looking dead on the rear is a difficult one to capture but that’s when the car looks squashed the most to me.

20mm front 25mm rear... you don’t have a photo by any chance do you? Surely that looks way too much?

Depending how that setup looked it still consider 12mm front and 15mm rear

I’m still basing all this on the fact”?” that the saloon is set up the same as the sportback

Compare my front to the rear in some of the photos, they line up now.. remember the front axel is wider than the rear anyway and with the flared arches.

However, I am thinking of putting either 5/8mm spacers on the front, but they wouldn’t be hubcentric.. can get 5x112 8mm spacers on eBay for £25.99 posted. Opinions?

Wow, those photos from the rear low down are insane! That looks stunning mate, really does, no wonder your over the moon. Looks god damn beefy lol.

I do agree that the front are missing spacers, but think 12mm may be too much! As you said, get 8mm on there.... 5mm, will it even look that different?!

But when you think about it, that’s 1.2cm lol....surely won’t be overkill. Think il still go ahead and fit 12 and 15s.

Any photos of the locker caps?

@FBF01 I think I’m still thinking the same and sticking with the idea of 12mm and 15mm haha

I think the rim protector on the tyre makes it look even bigger that it actaully is

As said though, looks sweet!

20mm front 25mm rear... you don’t have a photo by any chance do you? Surely that looks way too much?

Depending how that setup looked it still consider 12mm front and 15mm rear

I’m still basing all this on the fact”?” that the saloon is set up the same as the sportback

I do have some photos, will have to blur the plate and post them up in a bit.

Yes I believe the axels are the same.

Reactions: Phil3
Wow, those photos from the rear low down are insane! That looks stunning mate, really does, no wonder your over the moon. Looks god damn beefy lol.

I do agree that the front are missing spacers, but think 12mm may be too much! As you said, get 8mm on there.... 5mm, will it even look that different?!

But when you think about it, that’s 1.2cm lol....surely won’t be overkill. Think il still go ahead and fit 12 and 15s.

Any photos of the locker caps?

It does look very meaty, has added a lot.

I’m definitely not going for 12, when I saw it I was trying to persuade myself and it shouldn’t be like that.. should fall for it. I will get some 8mm I think and try that, hopefully that will do the trick and keep the kerb protection inside the arch.

Behold my locking bolt cap genius....

6fbdfa236c130230970399f52fda9d91.jpg
67fd0c8a0e22bdfe018ec932dce7a193.jpg

Reactions: Phil3
I do have some photos, will have to blur the plate and post them up in a bit.

Yes I believe the axels are the same.

Awesome mate... love to see a photo of that super wide set up when you can

Sweet, thank... cant believe I’m having this mush of a dilemma over spacers haha

Here is the RS3 with 25mm rear and 20mm front spacers. @Phil3

He has also gone with an Eibach spring setup, 20-25mm drop.

Keep in mind he does not have tyres with kerb protection which makes a HUGE difference.

d5d137bca3d5f3b148fb3050ebcf8902.jpg

669e3ab25475877be6738657a9761d1c.jpg
65c6535df8cf8f667f1777acfad7c1ae.jpg
dc9505a02267d112d12b0d61d0997055.jpg
1812243020bf61a65d8878d90877433f.jpg
16294a067d708952e7a1cc01bbf3116c.jpg
54cfd364c9ebfe32aff5e84141de3f1e.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Tristan2
@AudiNutta thay looks super. 12mm perfect for the rear. I still reckon like you that 8mm for fronts would be nice. That's pretty well convinced me to get some.

Why Audi don't do this in the first place!

@AudiNutta thay looks super. 12mm perfect for the rear. I still reckon like you that 8mm for fronts would be nice. That's pretty well convinced me to get some.

Why Audi don't do this in the first place!

Yes agreed 12mm is spot on, you could get away with 15mm but I really couldn’t have asked for a better result.

I’m toying with 5mm/8mm, but as has been said above I don’t think there would be a huge change with 5mm. 8mm should take it out to where I personally think is the limit with the tyres. My only remaining dilemma is that I have the 12mm extra length bolts which is great, but the spacers will only be 8mm and I don’t know what harm that 4mm could do in the hub? I read online you shouldn’t really protrude into the hub?

My 12s on the front look good but I might see if I can change to 8 or 6.
The front IMO defo needs to be spaced out. Just a bit worried about the wheel centering with non hub centrics.

Yes agreed 12mm is spot on, you could get away with 15mm but I really couldn’t have asked for a better result.

I’m toying with 5mm/8mm, but as has been said above I don’t think there would be a huge change with 5mm. 8mm should take it out to where I personally think is the limit with the tyres. My only remaining dilemma is that I have the 12mm extra length bolts which is great, but the spacers will only be 8mm and I don’t know what harm that 4mm could do in the hub? I read online you shouldn’t really protrude into the hub?

Which ever spacers you get need to come with the appropriate length bolts.

I'll have a trawl though the web. Better still I'll speak to the tuning shop that did my 12s around....