Lowering or Wheel Spacers or both?

Okay, okay I appreciate that. I just wanted a specific and simplistic answer from a few people is all. So with my tyre set up would you say 10mm all round would be a good shout?

Personally I wouldn’t go any more on the 255. You are essentially taking the ET from 53 to 43.
A tyre that sticks out past the wing looks daft I think.

On the rear you’ve a little more to play with.

Just bear in mind the further you move out from the oem centre line the more it’ll exaggerate any issues, balance etc.

You’ll need longer bolts too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Personally I wouldn’t go any more on the 255. You are essentially taking the ET from 53 to 43.
A tyre that sticks out past the wing looks daft I think.

On the rear you’ve a little more to play with.

Just bear in mind the further you move out from the oem centre line the more it’ll exaggerate any issues, balance etc.

You’ll need longer bolts too.

10mm should be sound though shouldn’t it? Won’t stick out further than the arch surely on the 255? Lots have done it haven’t they?

I’ll have the wheel alignment done at the same time.

I’m looking at the H&R ones, they come with the bolts don’t they?

10mm should be sound though shouldn’t it? Won’t stick out further than the arch surely on the 255? Lots have done it haven’t they?

I’ll have the wheel alignment done at the same time.

I’m looking at the H&R ones, they come with the bolts don’t they?

Whatever you decide on make sure you get Hubcentric ones with bolts to match. Usually sold as a set anyway.

cmwheels sell the sets.

Whatever you decide on make sure you get Hubcentric ones with bolts to match. Usually sold as a set anyway.

cmwheels sell the sets.

Thanks for the advice. Yes I’m aware you need hubcentric ones as I’ve had them on my RSQ3 and Cupra before this. They come with the bolts don’t they!? My others did anyway.

I’m looking at these ones which I’ll show you the link to as they’re a lot cheaper.

Reactions: Naylor92 and FBF01
Okay, okay I appreciate that. I just wanted a specific and simplistic answer from a few people is all. So with my tyre set up would you say 10mm all round would be a good shout?

As Doc says, I went 15s on the rear and DAAAAAAAAAMN it looks sweet. Best mod I’ve done I’d say. Went 10s up front. Cars lowered also and no rubbing. Genuinely think the rear is in desperate need of a chunky spacer, totally lost in the arch. Fronts not bad but youl love it.

Reactions: Naylor92 and D0C
I wouldn’t go more than 10mm. I think @FBF01 went for 15mm? Just about ok but you need to lower the car right down IMO.

There’s another member on here, possibly @dno_uk who has an Ara blue car lowered and spaced, looks really good. Apologies if I’ve the wrong member!

Edit: confirmed, dno’s car here. Looks super.

https://www.audi-sport.net/xf/threads/alloy-wheel-photo-thread.376105/#post-3288073
Do you reckon 10mm all round then with the tyre set up which I have? They would be the right ones in the link I posted above wouldn’t they? I won’t be lowering it just keeping it standard.

As Doc says, I went 15s on the rear and DAAAAAAAAAMN it looks sweet. Best mod I’ve done I’d say. Went 10s up front. Cars lowered also and no rubbing. Genuinely think the rear is in desperate need of a chunky spacer, totally lost in the arch. Fronts not bad but youl love it.
Cheers for the reply chap, what are you currently running then? I won’t be lowering just spacing on mag ride so possibly could go wider? But I’m getting the impression that I like the idea of 10mm all round. I have the 255 fronts and 235 rear tyres.

If not lowering then I wouldn’t go more than 10mm. However, I must say that I think a car with spacers really needs lowering. All personal preference, of course.

Reactions: Naylor92
If not lowering then I wouldn’t go more than 10mm. However, I must say that I think a car with spacers really needs lowering. All personal preference, of course.
So no more than 10 you reckon? 10mm all round would you say on the tyre set up. I know where you’re coming from but I can’t justify the money to do it when it already sits nice on mag ride and lowering it will just cause issues/niggly problems.

So no more than 10 you reckon? 10mm all round would you say on the tyre set up. I know where you’re coming from but I can’t justify the money to do it when it already sits nice on mag ride and lowering it will just cause issues/niggly problems.

Mines lowered never had any issues.

Small drop of 10-15 on Eibach pros.

Cheers for the reply chap, what are you currently running then? I won’t be lowering just spacing on mag ride so possibly could go wider? But I’m getting the impression that I like the idea of 10mm all round. I have the 255 fronts and 235 rear tyres.

Emmanuele Design springs (lowered the car 20-25’mm) and BIMECC hub-centric spacers, 15 on the rear and 12mm upfront. Same tyre set up as you. Think that set up may be too much given car not lowered like Doc has mentioned. Think 10mm all round you’ll be chuffed with

Emmanuele Design springs (lowered the car 20-25’mm) and BIMECC hub-centric spacers, 15 on the rear and 12mm upfront. Same tyre set up as you. Think that set up may be too much given car not lowered like Doc has mentioned. Think 10mm all round you’ll be chuffed with
Looks like I’m going for 10’s all round then! As I won’t be lowering it, Thanks for the advice chaps.

Reactions: FBF01
Thinking of going for the awesome/forge wheel spacers as they’re the best price and everything comes with them for £116. The only difference is that they’re 11mm so slightly wider.

Then on the other hand I have a friend who is selling some more or less brand new st suspensions ones for 100 quid. However, they’re are 12.5 fronts and 15 rears. I’m in two minds as what to do!? Also if I order the forge ones, they aren’t in stock until 20th May.

Thinking of going for the awesome/forge wheel spacers as they’re the best price and everything comes with them for £116. The only difference is that they’re 11mm so slightly wider.

Then on the other hand I have a friend who is selling some more or less brand new st suspensions ones for 100 quid. However, they’re are 12.5 fronts and 15 rears. I’m in two minds as what to do!? Also if I order the forge ones, they aren’t in stock until 20th May.
Go Forge and be patient!

Yeah I think so too for the price and how they come in 11mm! Should be perfect!

Found these of mine when I had the 8mm on.
Front
db6eafe8536180b207821c88f5a5f61e.jpg

Rear
1a75de3b6dccbd8293f8932844864c25.jpg

When you put spacers only on the front with a square set up (235)
Will it be the same adventages as the staggered set up (255 front)
for reducing the understeer ?
Will it look oké with only spacers (10mm) at the front ???
my car is lowered with eibach pro kit.

Smallest hubcentric that I know of is 8mm

Smallest hubcentric that I know of is 8mm

It is mate, I’ve done a bit of research today and last night and yep, 8mm smallest hubcentric you can get.

I have Motec ultralight 19” on 235/35 tyres with the offset ET43 and I’m lowered on Eibach Sportline springs. Do you think I’d get away with it, trying the 8’s?

Really not sure.
When I had my 8V I was lowered on MSS springs with standard wheels running 12mm spacers all round.
I had light rubbing on the rear when anyone was in the back.

Really not sure.
When I had my 8V I was lowered on MSS springs with standard wheels running 12mm spacers all round.
I had light rubbing on the rear when anyone was in the back.

What do the MSS lower the car front a rear? Isn’t it more or less the same as the Eibach sportlines which I have? Light rubbing isn’t too bad I suppose, if you had stock wheels then that would take you to ET37. If I go for the 8’s it will take me to ET35.

What do the MSS lower the car front a rear? Isn’t it more or less the same as the Eibach sportlines which I have? Light rubbing isn’t too bad I suppose, if you had stock wheels then that would take you to ET37. If I go for the 8’s it will take me to ET35.

The mss kit is adjustable but yeah I had it pretty much as low as the eibachs
At the time I was running standard Pirelli A01 tyres with square shoulders not the R02 with stretched sidewalls

The mss kit is adjustable but yeah I had it pretty much as low as the eibachs
At the time I was running standard Pirelli A01 tyres with square shoulders not the R02 with stretched sidewalls

Yeah I thought as much, my springs have fully settled now too. Yes so the tyre wall would have been better for you to run those spacers and if you’d have had the R02 then it would have rubbed more wouldn’t it. I had them on mine before I changed them, looks a mint chunky tyre and really suited spacers but just a shame that they’re a **** tyre. I have MPS4s’ on now at 234/35 so being ET35 may be okay, I don’t know haha!?

I then went to facelift wheels with 8mm spacers
Here’s a pics to show how low it was
81d7386066712c32c63a89eedfd55e74.jpg

I then went to facelift wheels with 8mm spacers
Here’s a pics to show how low it was
81d7386066712c32c63a89eedfd55e74.jpg

Looks lovely chap, like what you did with the stock wheels. What do you reckon haha, do I go for it. I’m sure it’ll take me to ET35. It really could do with coming out just a tad on the fronts, rears will be close though.

Looks lovely chap, like what you did with the stock wheels. What do you reckon haha, do I go for it. I’m sure it’ll take me to ET35. It really could do with coming out just a tad on the fronts, rears will be close though.

Not sure what to suggest apart from buy one pair to test and if your happy then order the next pair for the front.
Probably will take it ok, the mss kit is quite soft which wouldn’t have helped me

Not sure what to suggest apart from buy one pair to test and if your happy then order the next pair for the front.
Probably will take it ok, the mss kit is quite soft which wouldn’t have helped me

I think it will be okay! But then another part of me says it won’t haha! I’m sure people have gone wider than that before though and not really had much of an issue. Some have at least 15mm and that would be ET34 on a stock wheel, people even use the 20mm spacer which is way too much imo but yeah maybe it’ll work fine for me.

Mine lowered on eibach springs with aftermarket 8.5J width wheels. No spacers required.
d8afc52b92e768b0496ffffe17321c9e.jpg
9f81db5b2b906f2b8fc15a2deeca901c.jpg
c02ce895939c790170100ed004333d55.jpg

Sent from my SM-G981B using Tapatalk

Reactions: 8YARWY and Riko0073