Lowering my A5 SB 35mm.

AJ91

Reaction score
Hello.

I'm going to buy some H&R lowering springs for my MY11 A5 SBQ and going with 35mm H&R as I had them on my old A3 and it worked great. Perfect stance for my liking.

However I've heard and seen some pics from A6 c7 and also some A5 SB that the springs hardly lowering, sort of a lottery if you get good ones.

Anyone have these installed on there S5 or A5 with sportchassie?

Not S-line. but the sportchassie which is stiffer.

I also found ST X BY KW coilovers which seems rather affordable. hows the quality all year round? Winter, salt etc.

My car has been driven 8400 Swedish miles as of now on original dampers.

1 Swedish mile = 10.000 metres.

Wheels are on but it looks like a q5 now. Needs to be lowered :)

IMG 0094
IMG 0095
IMG 0096

Reactions: Kev Bundy, Slogstorm and RS5 JON
Thanks. I'm happy with them looks really good in real life compared to photo and should be great with the new springs on!

Thinking about wrapping my chrome edge around the windows as well.

Reactions: RS5 JON
Once the springs are fitted you'll notice a big difference in how the car sits, will be much better.

I had the chrome wrapped on my old A4, looked much better IMO, if I were you, I'd also do the fog light rings to complete the look.

Pics with done mate.

JG

Yeah will do and also perhaps the front rings, will play around abit with photoshop.

Will post pics again once the car is ready for summer.

Reactions: RS5 JON
Loving the wheels! Beautiful car AJ :)

Reactions: AJ91
Cheers, a bit more to do and im done for the summer!

Lip to be installed.
Full detail
Springs on this month as well
And also repairing some worrying stone chips in the Wheel well. luckily not rusted yet as I first feared.

Those wheels are brilliant. I've never seen those before

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Having just put 20's on mine I find the same thing... needs lowering just decisions to make when it comes to what to lower with springs? Or coilovers? And what makes to choose.

I just bought JOM blueline coilovers from Venomsport.co.uk... They were highly recommended on A5OC and they only cost about £240!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Kev Bundy
I went for H&R springs. I'm probably selling the car after the summer as I want a petrol and an avant so I'll make sure to get the most out of the car during this summer season.

The wheels are 10.5x20 imaz im3 wrapped in 275/30/.. a bit too much stretch then I had hoped but oh well!

My springs came today and I'm also detailing the car tomorrow. Not sure when I can have the springs installed but hopefully very soon

Does anyone know if Audi themselves install H&R springs? Mine just came so looking for a workshop to do it.

Very nice wheels! I've just lowered mine and it was easy enough to do I found a guide online how to do it I can send it to you if your interested. There for KW coilovers but the fitting is all the same. Is yours a Quattro?

Thank you! Yes its a Q. might as well save some Money if you do have an easy enough guide to follow.

http://bd8ba3c866c8cbc330ab-7b26c6f...cf1.rackcdn.com/B8A4_Coilovers_horizontal.pdf

Not sure how the link will appear but let me know if you can't open it. Took me about a day to fit front and rear it's not very had at all and guide is pretty clear. It has torque settings and shows what tools you need.

Have you thought about how it will sit with your wheels? I've just posted something up about the wheel sizes. I want to get 20x10s but I don't want to take out the wheels arch as I turn

Cheers. link works for me no problem. Perfect easter vacation to spend in the garage.

You wont have a problem at all with the 20x10 on the A5. I run 10,5 with ET38 and its going to sit just right with the drop.

Wrap them in 275 I would say, 30 profile-

Reactions: Darren Bartlett
Cheers pal I thought so, just didn't want to spend the money and find out after! Also I've had a dechrome on my a5 if you want to see a few pics to get a rough idea. Looks loads better!

Yeah been thinking about removing the chrome but not so sure anymore, I will have to think about it, I will do the fog lights to start with! But the silver around the windows kinda makes it stand out. Will see in the future!

I was quoted 600p to get my H&R springs fitted? I last paid 150p or so on my A3. Is it alot harder to fit on the a5 Quattro? Seems a bit steep to have springs fitted..