Lowering Help?! PLEASE help!

YoungDan

www.DubClique.net
Reaction score
Website
www.dubclique.net
Im inside next weekend at Ultimate Dubs, and I NEED to be nailing my stance to pull off my new wheels.

Im running out of ideas though. :(

I am running AP coilovers, chopped my bumpstop down as much as possible, and they are wound to the bottom.

IMG_1644.jpg

Any other ideas? Different topmounts? Shaving the hub?

Please help. :(

How's the bump stop getting you anylower ?

You could shave the top and bottom of the spring where they sit in place. ?? That's could get you 10-15 mm??

That's all I can think apart from custom springs. Let me know how you get on as I have the same problem there just isn't enough thread.

Edit:it's not like we even have helper springs ! One peice springs fail

Well cutting the bumpstop is more to improve comfort, as it gives the spring more travel.

I thought it MAY give me a couple of mm though as its constantly sat on it. :(

Aint going to get custom springs in time. DAMN. :(

Shaving the tops of the springs will defo get you some extra. ?

Shaving the tops of the springs will defo get you some extra. ?
Saving springs sounds abit unsafe?! Im all for dangerous mods but thats as bad as cutting?! I was thinking of shaving the hub, so it sits furthur into it?!

get air mate :p , have you got any pics of how your car sits at the moment ?
Air? I dont take it up the windpipe!

audi2.jpg

this is why i need 19s !!! wicked stance mate and yeh ,bags r 4 fags :p ive just fitted my coils and waiting till i can get some 19"

It's hard to explain, it's safe. Where your spring sits on the top mount and bottom it has a flattend off part so the spring sits level, you have the thickness of the spring you could shave down 5mm say top and bottom giving you 10mm. It's safe as your only taking off abit, just make sure it's flat so the spring sits flat, if I can't do anything that's what am doing.