Lowering an a4 avant sport?????

46TheDoctor

Valentino Rossi A.K.A The Doctor
Reaction score
:sadlike: Hi guys, i want to lower my 04 1.9tdi sport avant, just some confusion over which kits to buy as most offer between 30-40mm lowering, but i am on the understanding that the sport is around 25mm lower than an SE any way and nobody seems to list a lowering kit for a SPORT model, i do really wish to avoid the coilover route. Does any body know of a good quality kit which lowers a SPORT 30-40mm, from what i can gather if i get a 40mm kit it will only lower my car around 15mm from where it is now, any suggestions guys???????????:confused:

Reactions: louis_123
Come on guys some of you must have lowered a sport!!!

how do you find the ride on sport suspension and 19,s doc

Firsty in answer to jase's question, sport suspension and 19's i have no issue with wotsoever, a little more firm but not a lot than with the standard 17's, defo improves steering response and turn in, the amount it comprimises ride and comfort is minimul, certainly the looks outweigh any comfort loss.
And secondly to DPM, thanks for the reply, will this kit lower my sport 45mm or an SE 45mm, taking into consideration that a sport is already 25mm lower than an SE, does this mean it will lower my car 20mm from where its at now?:confused:

46TheDoctor said:
Firsty in answer to jase's question, sport suspension and 19's i have no issue with wotsoever, a little more firm but not a lot than with the standard 17's, defo improves steering response and turn in, the amount it comprimises ride and comfort is minimul, certainly the looks outweigh any comfort loss.
And secondly to DPM, thanks for the reply, will this kit lower my sport 45mm or an SE 45mm, taking into consideration that a sport is already 25mm lower than an SE, does this mean it will lower my car 20mm from where its at now?:confused:

It means 45mm from standard (SE).

It's why I went for the KW's, I can set the car exacly how I want it. The struts are shortened and so have the correct travel, unlike changing just the springs.

When you change the springs and keep factory dampers you are limiting their travel and compromising their damping. Ok for a minor drop but not good for what you are looking for.

I'll only be going for about a 20mm drop anyway - about 40mm less than an SE.

BUB :thumbsup:

just so u know mate i bought my eibach springs of dpm, second to none, great delivery and excellent service. top lad damian

chris_20 said:
just so u know mate i bought my eibach springs of dpm, second to none, great delivery and excellent service. top lad damian

Thanks Chris, top bloke yourself! :thumbsup:

But they're were H&R springs bud! :whistle2: (miles better then the Eibach's anyway)

Chris how much was the lowering on the H&R's? And could you post up some pics of your car in its lowered state with them on so i can check out the aesthetics dude?
Regards Dave:icon_thumright:

The H&R's have a great stance IMO (-45mm IIRC?). I'll be looking at the same sort of height when I do mine.

I take it you didn't win the auction Doc'? Shame, you could've had a great set up there!! :thumbsup:

Do you know how much they went for in the end? I lost the link. Somebody got a bargain for sure!

BUB :beerchug:

Hi Bub i didnt win em, they went for £301 which is a bargain for sure, but midweek i went out in my mate's golf gti which has variant 1 KW's on, that setup is mighty focused in terms of would be great on smooth flowing german roads or a racetrack 4 sure, but not the bumpy potholed crap we pay a fortune for in this country, i used to have spaz ssx adjustable damping coilovers on my mk2 golf vr6 which were fine cos you could adjust the hardness out, but them variant 1 KW's are not adjustable and are very very hard, i remember when my mate bought them for his mk4 gti golf from demon tweeks and they had to special order them from germany for him as they were not actually stocking them because there pretty much no good in this country, if they were variant 2's id a snapped em up no probs, think ill give them H&R's a lash in the name of retaining a bit of comfort and a bit cheaper too..:icon_thumright:

Cheers Doc' :thumbsup:

Blimey! They've got to worth a squirt at £300 odd! ;)

I'm hoping the A4 V1's will have a little more compliance built in. Lets face it the A4 sport/S-Line set up can be pretty 'tiresome' if I'm being diplomatic and fecking 'crashy' if I'm honest! I was told the V1's will have a similar ride to mine but with better damping control.

We'll see!

BUB