Lowering A3 Sport 8v 40mm on H&R Springs

Jak Holden

Reaction score
Hi all

Looking at getting this done end of the month but struggling to find some decent pictures of a sport lowered 40mm on springs. Mainly just want to see the difference between 40mm and stock! Any pictures or advice would be great!

Coilovers or air ? I'd be worried about the effect on the standard shocks going 40mm.

It would just be springs, but insuracne is looking too hefty anyway as im only 22 so. Thanks for the advice anyway. What would this do with the standards shocks?

Reactions: Rob2k68
It would just be springs, but insuracne is looking too hefty anyway as im only 22 so. Thanks for the advice anyway. What would this do with the standards shocks?

I'm no expert but massively reduce their working range and effectiveness, a 20-25mm drop seems to be the most popular.

I could ask them to change the shocks for me at the same time if they are in their but would they sell me springs knowing it could damage the car?

I could ask them to change the shocks for me at the same time if they are in their but would they sell me springs knowing it could damage the car?

They would still sell you springs as they don't really "damage" your car right away.

The lifespan of your shocks will most likely drop and you will replace your shocks earlier than if you kept your stock springs.

I would suggest going with the Bilstein B12 sportline kit if you want to drop 40-50mm. It comes with Eibach sportline spirngs + Bilstein B8 shocks.

A couple of us have the Bilstein B12 prokit, which drops it (from standard A3 height) by 35 mm. It has the less stiff prokit springs, but hte same Bilstein B8 shocks, and we can only praise them. The kit is great, better handling than the S3 OEM suspension, but more comfortable.

Reactions: Rob2k68 and tele2050
I got 80k miles out of my rear shocks on H&R supersport springs (the low ones). After 80k the rears were done but the fronts were still fine.

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk

Would 20mm h&r lowering springs make a difference to stock S3 ride height? Anyone got pics ?