Lowering a B7 RS4

gareth_oau

Reaction score
Has anyone modded the suspension on their RS4?

The handling on mine is brilliant and a dont want/need a track special, but it sits way too high and I'm thinking about lowering it.

Ive found these H&R lowering springs on tirerack.

Any thoughts on these or other (not too expensive) options?

H&R Sport Spring Set

A lot of people (I have heard) fit the Bilstein PS9 kit however not sure on pricing...

I would put up with the height of it though, I have had many cars that are too low and are just annoying with speed bumps and bumpy roads etc etc...

I dont want to slam it, I'm not a teenager with a backwards basebal hat! LOL

but I would like to remove some of the arch gap, so around 1" or so would be great.

Ive just dropped my S3 on some koni coilovers and that looks great and my last 3 cars also had some lowering springs and Ive not had problems with speed bumps

my S3 and my GT-P to give some perspective
(the GT-P was sold to make way for the RS4)

S3frontleft.jpg

frontleftgt-p.jpg

quite a few people have suggested that STaSIS is the best suspension mod on the market, with coilovers.

Not wanting to go down that route, I contacted StaSIS for their advice and they can supply lowering springs for US$395.

If anyone is considering it, www.statisengineering.com

not sure I understand you Dave - my thought is to keep OE DRC and fit SS lowered springs
SS (Sports Suspension) is the STANDARD suspension on the RS4, SS+ was the optional lowered Sports Suspension Plus.

Last edited:
ahh cheers, I dont know if that was ever an option here in Oz, Ive never seen it mentioned.

Are they are made by KW who supplied the OEM?