Lowered the S3 on H&R's and fitted wheel spacers

C2 DTN

VCDS Map User
Reaction score
Front should settle in over the next few hundred miles but I'm really happy with it.

15mm spacers front / 20mm spacers rear

And yes I know it's filthy, I'll wash it tomorrow !

Reactions: Richtaf23, Fiddie, Rob2k68 and 2 others
Love the stance - I'm about to pull the trigger on a set of Eibach springs, REVO map and a CAI. Might have to add spacers! Nice work bro!

Looks good

Reactions: C2 DTN
Well done - sits really well. What's the drop ?

Did you fit them yourself ? Very tempted to fit some Eibach Sport Springs myself but someone mentioned alignment - guess any tyre place could do this ?

Cheers and good work !

The official drop is 20mm which seems about right but I didn't do a before measurement.

Yeah I did fit them myself, total time about 4 hours. Going to book it in somewhere for an alignment check

Reactions: Rob2k68
@Rob2k68 If you do for yourself, aside from the obvious stuff, you will need an M14 xzn bit, and a 7mm Allen key.

That looks fantastic! Which spacers did you use and have you put extended locking nuts on?

I've put extended bolts on, I need to order some new longer locking nuts.

Made the hubcentric spacers myself

@Rob2k68 If you do for yourself, aside from the obvious stuff, you will need an M14 xzn bit, and a 7mm Allen key.

Cheers for that - I don't mind getting my hands dirty.

Did you get by with a jack and axle stands - also do you need a spring compressor ?

Don't suppose there's a Haynes manual out for the 8V yet ???

Yes you need a spring compressor. Couldn't find anywhere I was happy to put axle stands so I jacked it with the Oem jack then but blocks under just in case it slipped. I used a trolley jack to jack up and down the hub. If you are thinking of doing it I'll write you a list of what I did because there are a couple of points to note.

So are you making some more spacers for us ? How much ? Want to get everything ready for mine when it come in October. H&Rs are about £160

Spacers are about £180 with bolts for H&R's.

I'm 100% confident in mine because I'm an engineer, but I wouldn't make a part like that for forum members because if anything went wrong it could be a fatal accident.

Adding springs and spacers to the car effect the warranty?

I plan on doing the same as you have done soon

......If you are thinking of doing it I'll write you a list of what I did because there are a couple of points to note.

If you don't mind please I'd be very grateful. The one place I've found to fit them is a four hour round trip away and four hour wait to change them so a whole day making me think I'd be better to do it myself.

If you don't mind please I'd be very grateful. The one place I've found to fit them is a four hour round trip away and four hour wait to change them so a whole day making me think I'd be better to do it myself.
Iv found local formula 1 auto centres very competitive on price for changing springs after all it's nothing special to do

Seems to be settling nicely !!!!

@Rob2k68 I'll write up the list this weekend

Reactions: AndyB-S3, Fiddie and Rob2k68
I'm happy with my h and r springs sits nice

Yeah, good price and the spacers cost me nothing so including the wheel bolts I've spent around £200.

Reactions: Louay
A bit firmer that stock. feels much more planted in the corners

Reactions: Forbzeeee
I'm not sure whether you've noticed or not, but when I had springs fitted the acceleration feels a little quicker? It's probably down to less body lurch under acceleration or completely in my head but it's a good feeling none the less

cant say ive noticed, but ive not really had enough clear road to boot it since fitting them.

Can't fault it, and it's settled lovely !!

This is how it sits 10 days after fitting

IMG 2849

Reactions: Forbzeeee, AndyB-S3 and Fiddie
Have you Magnetic Ride?

Which reference have the springs? I'm about to get 28810-1.

Thanks!

No ive not got magnetic ride.

The springs are the older version, 28826-2. They are the original part number - lowers it by 20mm

Spacers are about £180 with bolts for H&R's.

I'm 100% confident in mine because I'm an engineer, but I wouldn't make a part like that for forum members because if anything went wrong it could be a fatal accident.
Hi!
I've just fit my H&R Springs and I see the car need some wheel spacers, but for what I see... I need it wider on front wheels than rear.
I'dont have seen anyone with this setting. Maybe Im wrong?

I suppose it's all personal taste but I always prefer a wider rear track