Lowered S3

Pluto

Reaction score
Hey there people ,

Have any of you had an issue with zenon adaption/basic settings once you lowered your S3 ?

I have fitted the H+R springs (25mm I think) . I noticed the beams off - focus , so I took the car in to my local dealer. The zenons will not adapt , guided fault finding gave out a few tips , two off which pointed to the front and rear vehicle level sensors.

Have any of you out there had this sort of issue ??

Thanks

Mine were not totally right and as you say they wont adjust with vagcom but they will if you turn the white plastic screw things ontop of the headlights, headlight beam will go up and down. Only turn them a little as they adjust quite a bit with small movements of the screw!

At risk of sounding like a bit of a square.... People really should take more priority in makiing sure xenons are always set up properly. A lot of people lower cars and do whatever mods and forget the lights...
I've lost count the number of times i've wanted to batter the driver behind for blinding me. Usually range rovers in the rear view mirror.

I've lost count the number of times i've wanted to batter the driver behind for blinding me. Usually range rovers in the rear view mirror.

Same here, range rovers and X5s for me. Odd thing is, I'm starting to notice some blinding porsches as well, especially the caymans.

They shouldn't fit xenons as standard because you can't trust owners to set them properly and maintain them. You should have to spec xenon then have a little crash course in re-setting them and should have to have them checked by a dealer every 6 months.
In the hands of an inconsiderate numpty they're lethal!

I'm pretty sure mine were worse as standard for blinding the car in front (According to friends I follow), if anything lowering it has given me a little less range in dipped beam.

Thanks for all the replies guys !

The thing is , doesnt mean you dont see the problem , it aint there !

What if you have not tried to re-adapt the lights after lowering the car. Try that ...

Vag com will not allow adaption either.

Rear level sensor =17 %

Front level sensor = 25 %

Strange.......I dont have the spec for the sensors , what range should they operate in ..

I have read the same topic on Vortex and apparently many of the guys had problems with the height of the beam after lowering, the beam would be closer to the car so the reach was much shorter....

They shouldn't fit xenons as standard because you can't trust owners to set them properly and maintain them. You should have to spec xenon then have a little crash course in re-setting them and should have to have them checked by a dealer every 6 months.
In the hands of an inconsiderate numpty they're lethal!

But the dealers can't do anything either!!

no matter what I tried with my A3 Xenon's they have a mind of their own

My drive is on a slight slope, turn the lights on, they level at that angle then never adjust afterwards, unless you turn it off and on again

So, take it to the dealer - that's the way they work sir

Yeah right, course it is, numpties

Just change it with the little white screws on top of the headlights!

Guys,

I can adjust the white screws however the adaption has failed so I get the annoying error message on the cluster.

Now , the fact that the rear level sensor is showing 17 % means the rear is lower than the front .

Could the fact that the car has negative camber on the rear be causing that - been trying to imagine the set up in my mind. I think so . The negative camber could be causing the sensor to sit lower ..

I never had this sort of issue on my ex Mk 5 GTI , and it was lower !