1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lower X brace

Adamantium Oct 14, 2018

1. Adamantium

Adamantium Member

Alu kreuz or 034 motorsport. Both look the same, both are symmetrical, I assume the rhd car is a mirror image of the lhd car and yet the brace is some way below the steering rack so why the hell are they sold as LHD only and why can’t we get one?

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Advertisement

3. JulianW

JulianW Active Member

Something to do with the positioning of the steering rack or steering idler arm on rhd cars, I believe. As to why no one makes for rhd cars, with the vast majority of cars made for the barbaric and heathen lhd market (The fools! Can’t they see the error of their ways?), the current crop of manufacturers - both US based - probably can’t be bothered to do anything about supporting a (to their minds) limited “foriner” market.

4. Adamantium

Adamantium Member

Australia, japan, uk, South Africa, New Zealand there’s quite a few of us who drive on the right side!

R4M likes this.
  5. JulianW

JulianW Active Member

No argument, mate. I reckon both 034 and Eurocode are both missing out on a substantial additional market. But, until one of them goes to the trouble of dimensioning up an rhd car, we that drive on the correct side of the road will continue missing out.

6. Adamantium

Adamantium Member

Do you seriously expect there to be a difference?

Looking at the brace itself, it’s nowhere near the steering rack and it’s symnetrical as are all it’s mounting points.

That to me suggests even with the steering rack being a mirror image, the symmetry of the Alu Kreuz would make that a moot point.

7. JulianW

JulianW Active Member

Both 034 and Eurocode both specify lhd only, so there’s got to be some reason the existing braces won’t fit an rhd car.

8. arad85

arad85 Well-Known Member Team V6 Audi S5 Black Edition

You could always contact them and ask the reason...

9. JulianW

JulianW Active Member

Well, thanks for that, arad. Here we were, having a perfectly good irrational argument, and you come along and throw logic and common sense into the mix! Thanks a bunch. Boy, are you ever off my Xmas list!

10. arad85

Oops. Sorry! I'll mind my P's and Q's next time...

11. Adamantium

Adamantium Member

I spoke to IIBen who was working with dimitri from 034 motorsport some time back. They were mocking it up.

Apparently the rhd rack isn’t a mirror image, it’s actually rotated through 180 degrees and bulges down in the direction of the brace rather than up.

For this reason it definitely doesn’t fit.

More importantly than that, I’ve spoken with Litchfield and they are happy to make a RHD version locally.

Is anyone other than me interested in doing this?

12. Avatar

Google AdSense Advertisement

13. arad85

That depends on cost.....

14. Adamantium

Adamantium Member

I’m gonna guess a similar £500 ish

15. arad85

Weeellll... Normally tooling is the cost issue with stuff like this. I'm interested at that sort of price, but not it is much more... I'll let you investigate with your contacts ;)

16. Adamantium

Adamantium Member

I think on this occasion it will be laser scanned then the measurements used will go in to designing a CNC file that will make the thing from billet ally.

17. arad85

Cool! Let us know.

18. JulianW

JulianW Active Member