lower trim above side skirt

s3_kev

Stage2'd!!!!!!
Reaction score
does anyone no how to remove the rear ones?? have just brought all 4 as the drivers front had pulled away and unable to fix it and the passenger front is a different shade to the rear one, so change all 4, should then all match.
thanks in advance

ok well the new one looks like it does slide forward but be nice if someone can conferm wether you need to remove the rear inner trim pannel to undo screws before i remove the trim as the audi parts comptuer dosent show any screws, ta

ok well the new one looks like it does slide forward but be nice if someone can conferm wether you need to remove the rear inner trim pannel to undo screws before i remove the trim as the audi parts comptuer dosent show any screws, ta

Surey if you look at the part itself, you can see if it's screwed down or not?

yeah i have looked mate and doesnt look like it does screw down thats also why im questioning wether there i screws and if anyone else can conferm, thanks for the input anyhow

you talking about the one in the centre of the door or the lower one litterally just above the skirt

It's got to be the lower ones on the doors which line up with the ones on the rear quarters, centre of the door ones are adhesive throughout the VAG range.

It's got to be the lower ones on the doors which line up with the ones on the rear quarters, centre of the door ones are adhesive throughout the VAG range.

Yeah sorry Joe, didnt read it properly, is it the same as the A3? A little screw either end ot the trim and slot on?

No need to remove the inner trim , it's all done from the outside with the door open.

My cars in for a respray on certain areas, both doors being included. My question to you is, will they have to take off and refit these side strips in order to spray!?!

Mine are a bit grotty, if they're coming off, they#d may aswel replace with new items.

i seem to think that the new items need spraying too as they only come in undercoat?

Well mine are just black plastic and not painted at all. Need to order a new drivers side one as it was coming away and ive removed it.

yeah they do come grey but its not a primered grey, same colour as they came standard. so looks like a fairly simple slide off jobbie then, thought it would be

237.92 for all four at trade. but list price is 67.78 each for front and 37.77 each rear plus vat