Low speed + gear change squeek

kamilo

Reaction score
Hello,
New rs3 owner here. I have small problem and I am not sure whether it's normal or I should make an appointment with audi service. Sometimes when I am crusing at low speed and making turns, there is some weird squeak coming from a car (not using brakes). I spotted it when climbining at higher levels on shopping center parking, maybe it's related to slope of the area. Happend twice already in the same place, not in others.

I also sometimes can hear it when changing gears, when car is stopped.
I am posting link to a video when it happens, you can hear it mainly in 5 and 9 second of the video
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1wS8Pzk4D40UWrxRjuTA05dzgnsMwH1Gs/view?usp=sharing

Any clues what to do? I am sure when I will go to audi service they won't be able to reproduce the issue.

My first thought was the exhaust valves opening and closing, but they wouldn’t do that in dynamic just changing from Park to Drive.

Strange one, get Audi to have a look if you can produce it that easily by putting it in and out of gear, should be easy for them to track down with a good pair of ears.

I have this on mine and I'm certain it's the passenger side exhaust valve. In dynamic it closes below 1500rpm, so you will notice it accelerating or changing down a gear. If you want to be sure, cruise below 1500 rpm and then cycle down and up the gears. I get a squeek every time. I also have an exhaust valve fault code stored. Going in to have it looked at next week.