Low revs turbo (tdi)

emery1990

Reaction score
As people now a big turbo unleashes its power high up the rev range, but is there a turbo available or be made which lets you produce all your torque from low revs like a how a tdi would drive?

Yer but thats the same as ive already got. i swear someone said something about it before.

Probs be easier to just go tdi anyway!

How low down are you exactly wanting the power to kick in?

A decent custom map should see your power coming in at a lower range anyway, Ive always been happy with how early mine comes in, its naturally stronger the higher up you get but I dont notice any lag

Yer if i decides to keep it then ill get it custom remapped, where did you take your s3 to get remapped? Will have to sort out a FMIC first though the heat soak makes me hate my car !! Only fast for a couple of blasts!

Bear in mind that depending on the extra pipework used a FMIC can increase the boosts bath and diameter etc can adversely affect the power, creating more lag.

I run two side mounts still, never had any problem with heat soak, but then the bigger the turbo the less work it has to do to get the same kinda power as smaller turbos so less heat.

My car was all done when I bought it, was lucky enough to buy a fast and nicely sorted one