Low oil warning

Dobby

Reaction score
Got this today pulling out my drive, is this normal after only 10k miles?

2013 audi s3

I don't have an S3 but this happened to my A3 on the motorway with identical mileage. Mines a 2014 as well. From what I've heard it's considered 'normal' audi behaviour

I don't have an S3 but this happened to my A3 on the motorway with identical mileage. Mines a 2014 as well. From what I've heard it's considered 'normal' audi behaviour
Very strange...... Seems a tad excessive to me

Used to get this on my old 8p s3 it used to need a litre of oil every 1,500 to 2,000 miles. I was hoping the new s3 wasn't as oil thirsty

Used to get this on my old 8p s3 it used to need a litre of oil every 1,500 to 2,000 miles. I was hoping the new s3 wasn't as oil thirsty
Wow, this much doesnt seem so bad after 10k miles then lol

Why on earth were you surprised? You're supposed to check it every week! :rtfm:
Although I must admit that does seem excessive,

But you should be checking it often enough to see any lowering of the oil level.

But you should be checking it often enough to see any lowering of the oil level.

every week? i hope your kidding

:rtfm::rtfm::rtfm::rtfm::rtfm::rtfm::rtfm::rtfm::rtfm::rtfm::rtfm::rtfm:

Reactions: Mike1981, JohnM100, Daveotto and 1 other person
Maybe I'm lucky on my S3, but haven't had to top the oil up in 9k miles.

(Now I've said that, I'll probably find myself topping it up every week LOL)

I had checked it that week but was then on the 1/4 mile for a few hard runs and a good blast on the way there so I wasn't overly surprised. Just topped up and all good.
I don't understand people that don't check their oil at least every other week. It takes twenty seconds and with the rate the screen wash runs out you are under the bonnet that often anyway!!!