Low oil pressure problem

slowcoach3

Reaction score
Today's problem;
Low oil pressure. I had the light come on so being an educated 1.8t owner I changed out the pick up pipe and all was well for a few miles. Then I had the light again, so now I dropped the sump again, checked the immaculate pick up and fitted a new oil pump. All seemed well for 20 mins of mixed driving until I gave it a small kicking and the low oil pressure light came on a again!!!! The engine sounds beautiful, quiet and happy. New pick up, pump, filter and oil. Still the ****** light, does anyone have any suggestions of where to look next as it's doing my head in!
Cheers

Yeah that's what I'm looking at but don't understand why it's anything other than perfect though. All parts are new!

Your oil pressure may very well be perfect. The pressure switch or its circuit may be defective however, giving an erroneous warning.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Thank God for that, ran an oil pressure test and it came back perfect! So relieved. Remains to be seen whether or not a new switch will cure it but at least I now know it's not actually going to eat itself!!!

If it's not oil pick up pipe or oil pump, it's highly likely it's going to be oil pressure switch

Car ran 1.5 bar at idle and 4.25 bar @ 3k rev. As you have to remove the switch to do the test we fitted a new one. Had a lovely drive around with no flashing red oil light. Pleased this happened though as I had meant to replace the pick up as the car had sat for 3 years. It was pretty minging so pleased that's done and the pump is new too!

Good result. Any other issues crop up, keep us posted.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Reactions: slowcoach3
Hi ,A3 1.8t AUM, i want to put an oil pressure gauge , what do you suggest or what do i need for it , i want to tap.it to oil coller sender ai have in mind an RaidHp gauge, but i don.t know what to buy , any help would be appreciated.
Thanks