Low fuel and performance query!

scoss

Reaction score
This maybe me, but is there a thing whereby when your at your last 50 miles or fuel (warning light on) does this effect the performance of the car. For instance to make your car get the most from your last remaining fuel will it change the throttle response from dynamic to efficient? And other settings?

Today when I put a new tank of fuel in the car felt more responsive as a result.

This maybe me, but is there a thing whereby when your at your last 50 miles or fuel (warning light on) does this effect the performance of the car. For instance to make your car get the most from your last remaining fuel will it change the throttle response from dynamic to efficient? And other settings?

Today when I put a new tank of fuel in the car felt more responsive as a result.

Did you put in a "premium" brand as opposed to the supermarket stuff?

Colin

Did you put in a "premium" brand as opposed to the supermarket stuff?

Colin

Saying that, this week i put in Esso “premium” but today I put in the usual v power.

I used to think that the car restricted power when running low but I think it’s more subconsciously you are taking it easy as there’s a warning on the dash and as soon as you fill up you brain will go there’s plenty of juice now :racer: so it feels a lot quicker.
It’s something I reckon they could easily build into the ecu. Simple logic gate, fuel light is on so use low power high efficiency map but it’s another complication and with the dodgy diesel gate maps that vag has been busted for i doubt they will put something like that in.

If anything, my 2.0 TDi posts worse fuel efficiency figures as the tank empties
:search:

Dno about performance but once I hit the fuel light the mileage goes down like a rocket. Lowest I went was today let it get down to 15 mile. I normally put some in when it just clicks on to stop any of the crap in the tank getting sucked through.

Dno about performance but once I hit the fuel light the mileage goes down like a rocket. Lowest I went was today let it get down to 15 mile. I normally put some in when it just clicks on to stop any of the **** in the tank getting sucked through.

I’ve recently been letting it get to below 50. I like to get to as close to 500 a tank as I can before refuelling. Don’t ask me why.