Low boost, back to normal after on/off

bigpmcd

Reaction score
Started the car Upto today, hadn't driven in about a day or so as I usually use everyday on several journeys. Anyway, once the car was running at optimised temperature, I noticed the car would not boost past 0.2 bar, felt extremely slow and I could hear the waste hate was alot quieter due to less air flow. I turned the car off and back on and it seemed to boost back to normal levels of 0.8/0.9 bar. What could cause this?

I have scanned the car, only code is the n249 as I have bypassed this, always been there. Also had a code for pressure drop between turbo and throttle body, I have a catch can and PVC delete fitted by myself. I deleted this code and seems to have not came
Back after a week or so.

I just wanted to know what the boost issue could be? Was thinking either DV or N75. Or a small boost leak in PVC system.

if there is a code for pressure drop between turbo and throttle body, isn't that in itself a boost leak?

you can plug in the bypassed N249 to stop the code appearing?

Thanks for reply. I have recently plugged in the n249 and deleted the code but does seem to come
Back. I had a boost leak test done a month or so ago that came back pretty much perfect. Could be dirt in TB? I do need to change my OEM hose to silicone.

Hi badger, yeah this is the only code I now have after plugging n249 electronically. If I delete the 17705 code it comes back about a week later.

When I turn the car on when cold (done this past few days) it will only
Boost to 0.2 bar max. Even once it gets to full temp. If I take key out of ignition and restart its goes back to normal boost. So a little strange and intermittent. I'm sure I seen my esp light flashing when it was on 0.2 bar also.

17705 is in some maps.. but can be mapped out. but also I've seen it mapped out and still occur, and its fix was replace maf, then it went away